DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   New CH code for established accounts..... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/412149-new-ch-code-established-accounts.html)

jkernea 03-01-05 09:52 PM

New CH code for established accounts.....

This seems to be a good code that I just found. You still have to pay shipping, but you get a title free. Here are the details of it:

This month, GET UNLIMITED DVDs AT UP TO 50% OFF when you buy one at the regular Club price ($19.95 or higher). (Plus shipping and processing.)
Plus, for a limited time only, you can get a FREE DVD with your purchase of a DVD regular priced $19.95 or higher! Act now and enjoy this special bonus! Shipping and processing is additional. Upcoming Releases, Director's Selections, Sets, and other specially priced items will not participate in this offer as the free unit.

The code is 854198.

If this is not allowed, please let me know and I will remove it. However, it is a valid CH code. Let me know what you think about this one. Thanks!

movieguru 03-01-05 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by jkernea
This seems to be a good code that I just found. You still have to pay shipping, but you get a title free. Here are the details of it:

This month, GET UNLIMITED DVDs AT UP TO 50% OFF when you buy one at the regular Club price ($19.95 or higher). (Plus shipping and processing.)
Plus, for a limited time only, you can get a FREE DVD with your purchase of a DVD regular priced $19.95 or higher! Act now and enjoy this special bonus! Shipping and processing is additional. Upcoming Releases, Director's Selections, Sets, and other specially priced items will not participate in this offer as the free unit.

The code is 854198.

If this is not allowed, please let me know and I will remove it. However, it is a valid CH code. Let me know what you think about this one. Thanks!

It's a good deal if you haven't yet fulfilled your account. If this is your second fulfillment dvd it works out better because the free one would only cost 99 cents for shipping and you would get $2.00 in funcash instead of $1.00

quackers 03-01-05 10:48 PM

I had an account approved yesterday and this code worked.

I ordered Law and Order Criminal Intent for 44.96, counted as my two fullfillments. Then I added The Third Man Criterion Collection and got that title for free.

I'm pretty happy with this, thanks for posting the code.

mike1977 03-01-05 11:40 PM

You can use a future release title for this code, but what you want as the free dvd has to be one already released.

pilot 03-02-05 12:24 AM

Get up to 50% off unlimited DVDs!
when you buy 1 at regular price Plus, enjoy a special bonus and get 2 DVDs (priced $19.95 or $14.95 for only $20!

Keith123 03-02-05 11:07 AM

Is 854198 dead for everybody now or is it just my account? Last night the code was accepted by the CH Website and showed the correct details but I couldn't get the shopping cart to ever display the free DVD so I thought I'd wait and try again today...but thanks anyway to jkernea.

pilot- thanks for your code and it is accepted when I log in but I'm spoiled now since I really wanted that other deal! -smile-

quackers 03-02-05 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Keith123
Is 854198 dead for everybody now or is it just my account? Last night the code was accepted by the CH Website and showed the correct details but I couldn't get the shopping cart to ever display the free DVD so I thought I'd wait and try again today...but thanks anyway to jkernea.

The code still works on my account.

When I got it to work it didn't show that the title was free until the confirmation page where it showed I had a discount for the value of the The Third Man. It never showed the title as "Free" when I viewed my shopping cart.

pilot 03-02-05 11:22 AM

tried 854198 last night ..but didn't purchase..didn't work when I just tried it ..but if I entered 854199 first..then 854198 it worked again

jmoneta 03-02-05 11:28 AM

I haven't purchased yet either, but 854198 seemed to be working for me. Did you look at the final price in your cart, a discount should be applied making on of the selections free.

Edit: I just tried this with the Anchorman gift set and Eternal Sunshine CE and the discount was applied.

Keith123 03-02-05 01:09 PM

Cool, thanks for the help and ideas- quackers and pilot and jmoneta! I got the code to be accepted again finally(not exactly sure why but doing what pilot suggested and clearing my cookies probably did it). From what also was suggested, I guess my shopping cart was ok last night as far as the grand total. I was looking at the detail line for the free item and was expecting to see a "zero" amount or whatever- but at the bottom of the page I see now after reading the replies here where the discount amount in red makes it free -thanks again for all the help!

I paid full price for Leon: The Professional Deluxe which counts as a fullfillment and I picked Pink Floyd The Wall Deluxe as the free title. These were the top two titles I wanted from CH at the moment so I'm quite happy!

Jim 03-02-05 02:02 PM

I just tested 854198 on my unfulfilled account and it accepted it.

love_DVDs 03-02-05 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
I just tested 854198 on my unfulfilled account and it accepted it.

It works for me too. I dont think the Free title has to be at $19.95. I got a $21.95 free. However, shipping is like crazy :)

SpringsGal 03-02-05 02:19 PM

Can anyone list some of the expensive selections at Columbia House that can be got for free with this offer?? I am thinking of getting a box set to fulfill my 2 commitments. The box set is priced at about $45. I tried to get Gone with the Wind (the new release) as the free DVD. It did not allow it. However it would allow Leon the Professional (as my free selection). Are there other DVDs in the $30 range that can be got for free with this offer? Thanks.

j-bo 03-02-05 02:21 PM

So..
I am using this code for all 3 of my fullfillments and getting a 4th for free. Does this seem the right way to go?

Item Total $69.83
Discount $9.98
Subtotal $59.85

Average DVD Price
for this order, excluding sets: $12.47

You're Earning FunCash
what's FunCash? $5.00

I hate this part!!! I suppose it's a necessary evil, or just keep waiting for free shipping to occur again?

Shipping & Processing $8.96

Whatcha think?

Strange.. when I go to "checkout", it won't put 3 of them as fulfillments, but on the previous page it shows them as fulfillments.. ARGGGGGGGGH!

Gobear 03-02-05 02:37 PM

The Ruling Class: The Criterion Collection $29.95 ($34.95-$5.00 Web discount)
Dr. Strangelove 40Th Anniversary Special Edition ($17.97)
The Third Man: The Criterion Collection (FREE)

Average cost of DVDs: $15.98
Tax: $2.75
S&H: $6.97
Total: $57.64

Funcash: $3

So the 854198 offer clearly works for ~$30 discs.

j-bo 03-02-05 03:42 PM

Could never get the "checkout" to show all 3 committments so decided to call CH.

They told me the reason it changed them, is because this code no longer is valid.

I say...baloney.

Guess I'll make one order with the freebie, then another with the other 2 fulfillments. Pay more shipping that way, but what else can ya do. (oh yeah, use the $5 1st time off web order deal!)

j-bo 03-02-05 04:18 PM

Welp, it just won't work.
Can get it to show fulfillments on the review cart, when click checkout it reverts to a sale price. Unless I choose only 2 dvds. Then I get 1 fulfillment, one free, but cant qualify for the $5 off 1st web order.

Anyone else have luck gettin it to show more than 1 fulfillment on checkout?

redrum 03-02-05 04:30 PM

where do you enter the code when your logged in?

Keith123 03-02-05 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by redrum
where do you enter the code when your logged in?

Click on the link for "Looking for the offer in your mailing?". On my account it is located in a light blue banner that first displays:

Unlimited DVDs @ up to 50% off when
you buy 1 at regular price And, take 4
$14.95 titles for $29.95! details

Looking for the offer in your mailing?

aspikes 03-02-05 09:55 PM

Thanks to the OP. I used the code and got 3 titles out of the 3 for $22 oscar titles. This was on a fulfilled account and would have been a little over $40 a DDD or $32 during there 20% off sale. MIB is the 2 disc SE. Still can't believe the price even after shipping and tax. :eyebrow:

Savings, this order
$45.18
Average DVD Price:
$4.89
for this order excluding sets

FunCash, this order
$6.00
what's FunCash?
Once your order is processed we will ship your DVDs.
Thank you for shopping with us.
Note:
You have not changed your default username and password. To make it easier to remember, we suggest you change your username and password
Product Title Selection # Price
The Godfather 3137403 Free
Men in Black 2726305 $7.34
Top Gun Special Collector's Edition 3423704 $7.33
Subtotal $14.67
Shipping & Processing $2.97
Tax $1.46
Total $19.10
Taxes will be added in states where applicable

mbs 03-02-05 10:40 PM

I don't really understand why this coupon works for the 3-for-22 Oscar deal, but as the previous poster mentioned, it does. You end up buying two at 7.33 each and get one free.

Getting these discs (shipped) for under $6 each (and $2 fun cash) is quite a nice deal.

Thanks OP for the code and thanks aspikes for the 3-for-22 idea.

EDIT - Just got myself: Crying Game - CE, Top Gun - SCE and Godfather for $17.64 shipped. Nice deal!

Emma311 03-02-05 11:18 PM

I just checked to see if you could get The Red Shoes Criterion (CH price $34.95 alone or $20.97 with a higher priced item) as the free dvd with a higher priced dvd (I checked with Dawson's Creek Season 2) & it works.

dougb222 03-03-05 12:48 PM

Just got Mrs. Miniver, The Madness of King George and Men in Black for $15.83 from the 3-for-22 Oscar deal. Thanks OP!

basaro 03-03-05 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gobear
The Ruling Class: The Criterion Collection $29.95 ($34.95-$5.00 Web discount)
604406999 DVD Dr. Strangelove 40Th Anniversary Special Edition ($17.97)
The Third Man: The Criterion Collection (FREE)

Average cost of DVDs: $15.98
Tax: $2.75
S&H: $6.97
Total: $57.64

Funcash: $3

So the 854198 offer clearly works for ~$30 discs.

Way to go man, killer deal! I just got The Third Man in the mail today from an order last week. Hurray for CC titles at CH. :)

basaro 03-03-05 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Emma311
I just checked to see if you could get The Red Shoes Criterion (CH price $34.95 alone or $20.97 with a higher priced item) as the free dvd with a higher priced dvd (I checked with Dawson's Creek Season 2) & it works.

You could also just get 2 CC titles for the price of one. $34.95 + s&h. Pretty good deal.

And thanks to the OP for mentioning this. I haven't been able to take advantage of this yet, hopefully it will still be around when I start a new account.