Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Stupid CH...Sending ONE DVD at a time

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Stupid CH...Sending ONE DVD at a time

Does this happen to anyone else? On 2 accounts that I Have bill me later rather than a credit card on file, they've been sending me ONE DVD at a time from an order with muliple DVDs, and then the rest in the order say awaiting credit approval. How stupid is that? Now I have to pay the extra $1 in stamps because they can't send it all at once....grrrrr....
OK, I know it's petty, but it's still annoying...
Old 02-16-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joltman
On 2 accounts that I Have bill me later rather than a credit card on file

I'm assuming that they are trying to teach you something.

Bill Me Later = We'll Send You The DVD's Later
Old 02-16-05, 09:39 AM
gws

Yes, I ran into this recently, too. This is something new (and annoying).

Best of all, it was on an order that I fulfilled with a double 3 for $25 deal. Once I realized that they really were shipping one at a time, I gave them my CC number and checked off the "automatically charge all . . ." box. Unfortunately, they didn't apply this billing update to the existing order! Every time they shipped a disc, I had to go to the web site and explicitly pay for it with the CC I had already given them.

Dealing with CH is like having a three year old child. Ya gotta love 'em for all the joy they bring to your life, but man, they can sure do some dumb stuff!

-Gary
Old 02-16-05, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by gws
Yes, I ran into this recently, too. This is something new (and annoying).

Best of all, it was on an order that I fulfilled with a double 3 for $25 deal. Once I realized that they really were shipping one at a time, I gave them my CC number and checked off the "automatically charge all . . ." box. Unfortunately, they didn't apply this billing update to the existing order! Every time they shipped a disc, I had to go to the web site and explicitly pay for it with the CC I had already given them.

Dealing with CH is like having a three year old child. Ya gotta love 'em for all the joy they bring to your life, but man, they can sure do some dumb stuff!

-Gary
You're right!
I have the Bill Me option too. However, I paid by CC for my last three orders (3 DVDs each), and they waited until the charges are clear to process the shipment. They did ship DVDs together though.
Old 02-16-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Well, glad to know I'm not the only one. The only reason on this last account I didn't use a cc is because it's at my parent's address, which is not my cc's statement address
As for the first one, I gave them a cc to use when I placed the order, but I made that order before I paid for my enrollments (I was trying to be too quick) and that all kinds of messed it up.
Old 02-16-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joltman
Does this happen to anyone else? On 2 accounts that I Have bill me later rather than a credit card on file, they've been sending me ONE DVD at a time from an order with muliple DVDs, and then the rest in the order say awaiting credit approval. How stupid is that? Now I have to pay the extra $1 in stamps because they can't send it all at once....grrrrr....
OK, I know it's petty, but it's still annoying...
When Columbia House ships items from an order separately they do not charge extra for shipping. They divide your shipping charge, if any, among the DVDs in the order. When you add up the charges for the various shipments it should equal the total for your original order.
Old 02-16-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
When Columbia House ships items from an order separately they do not charge extra for shipping. They divide your shipping charge, if any, among the DVDs in the order. When you add up the charges for the various shipments it should equal the total for your original order.
I think he means he is subsequently mailing in his payments separately.
Old 02-16-05, 11:19 AM

I've got one that's been "waiting for credit approval" for over a month. I don't know what their deal is. I paid every shipment online with CC promptly on receipt. Four shipments so far. Isn't that enough to establish a record of trust? Bah! Now I''m going to have to write them -- and it usually takes about 3 replies before you can get customer service to understand what you're really asking for.

And it was a free shipping order, but they added shipping to each piece, so I have to nag them to take the shipping charge off.

This is more hassle than I'm accustomed to. If they had sent me a nice email explaining their new policy, I'd have just paid them with the CC and be done with it. But by then they had already started sending pieces of the order.
Old 02-16-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It happened to me once a few membership account ago. I also selected 'bill me later' option so they only send me one DVD at a time and asking me to pay first before they would send the other DVDs. I've always pick 'pay by credit card' now. It's much more convenient to just have them charge my credit card as they ship the DVDs. Also, make sense to pay first then have them ship the DVDs.
Old 02-16-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, my last 3 for $25 deal shipped one title, then another, with the third "awaiting credit approval"... Followed up with a snail mail from the credit department about their policy for new users; only shipping two DVDs until a credit history is established (this was on my 28th account, btw).
Old 02-16-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Yeah, my last 3 for $25 deal shipped one title, then another, with the third "awaiting credit approval"... Followed up with a snail mail from the credit department about their policy for new users; only shipping two DVDs until a credit history is established (this was on my 28th account, btw).
Whuhh-huh-whahh?!?! Never heard of this. I wonder if 5+3 (or 6+2) and out is enough time to establish a "credit history" as far as CH is concerned?
Old 02-16-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
CH did the same thing to me with this newest order, and I used a CC. I checked on my account, and found that they had split up one order into 3 packages with S&H added!!! So I called them and told the CSR, who said that CH had accidentally put me on "Bill Me" status, but saw they I had used a CC and fixed the problem.