Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Applying on the web

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-04, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applying on the web

I applied on the web using the 72SD code. On the confirmation page I see the 6 selection (5*.49 + 14.95). However, in the 'Thank you for your application' e-mail they list only the five .49 titles with the conclusion:
Total Items 0 selections

I checked two previous account's similar e-mail, and they both listed 6 selections.

Anyone experienced this? Does this mean once I get approved, I'll have to buy three instead of two?
Old 10-27-04, 07:16 AM

Same thing happened to me. I'm taking a wait and see approach to see if they get it straightened out when they send me the delivery confirmation notice. If they don't, a call to customer service should get that straightened out real quick. If they failed to pick up the $14.95 selection I made and left it out of the shipment of 5, I would request that they send it separately at that price with free shipping (which was part of the code I used).
Old 10-27-04, 07:37 AM

Thought the same. And I hope this is just another of the many CH web glitches.
Old 10-27-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've applied 5 times in the last 4 weeks for a new account via the web. Using the 72SD code I got the same error, it was only after using the 37F code I was able for it to show correctly.

I called up yesterday at 4:30pm using the 37F code, I already have a temp charge of $17.40 on my debit card. The phone way is the only way it seems to get an account open, this is the first time in the over a year I have been using CH that I wasn't able to open an account online.

Giving them the selection numbers has to be the most annoying thing ever depending on the CSR, I was trying to get the Casablanca 2 Disc'er, I told her the correct selection # and then she was like which movie was that?
Old 10-27-04, 08:29 AM

So you're saying these applications probably will be lost??
Old 10-27-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Probably, I never heard anything back on the 5 apps I applied for and I didn't even have another account open.
Old 10-27-04, 12:59 PM

I just got the word that my online app was accepted. My account shows that I have a balance of $17.40, so it looks like the $14.95 order was accepted. Also it shows my $14.95 title as pending with $0 for shipping. My committments remaining also shows 2, as it should. I'll keep you posted. Maybe they break these up because they got a deal on five disc and single disc boxes?
Old 10-27-04, 02:45 PM

Tried applying online 4 times in the past 2 months and it appears all of my applications were lost. Short of a DV2 account, I don't even have any open accounts.

I emailed them to check for my application, and each time, they simply said they have no record of anything.

Someday I may eventually phone in an application, but think off all the business they're losing with lost applications and all the customers who they're bumming out. For a business that's dependent on the internet, I hope they get their act together soon.
Old 10-27-04, 04:08 PM

It's not lost, it's fine.

I routinely see my status on a fresh account as just one dvd in my welcome package @ $14.95, and nothing else to indicate I received six dvds total -- but the balance will say $17.40. Just another wonder of CH's horrid website.
Old 10-28-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by devynal
It's not lost, it's fine.

I routinely see my status on a fresh account as just one dvd in my welcome package @ $14.95, and nothing else to indicate I received six dvds total -- but the balance will say $17.40. Just another wonder of CH's horrid website.
Agreed. For the record: the Columbia House website never lists the enrollment DVDs ordered, just the $14.95 "bonus" DVD, if you ordered one. The latter is considered a fulfillment and is tracked in the account history. The 49¢ enrollments are considered promotions and are not listed in one's account history. Just be aware of these CH quirks.
Old 10-28-04, 11:07 AM

Well, I got accepted and the strange e-mail is a glitch indeed though a new one I never experienced before. My account history looks like just as it should look.
Old 10-28-04, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by Emulator
Well, I got accepted and the strange e-mail is a glitch indeed though a new one I never experienced before. My account history looks like just as it should look.
Emulator, what code did you use? I believe I tried applying using 67P and JS1P but it never went through.
Old 10-28-04, 01:23 PM

72SD. Got approved in about 28 hours.

Last edited by Emulator; 10-28-04 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-28-04, 01:40 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 10-28-04, 01:45 PM

I used 72SD yesterday (through the website), and was approved this morning. The original email they sent me did in fact have this same "glitch", however when I logged onto the website I can see that they did charge me for all six movies (the $14.95 movie is shown as "pending"), and it correctly shows that I only have two more dvd's to buy at regular price.
Old 10-28-04, 02:01 PM

I just put in for a new application using this code. I hope it goes through for me that quickly. I'll be glad if it goes through at all. Haven't had a new account in months but with all the great online deals posted lately, I haven't been as desperate to join CH again as badly as I used to.

It'll be good if this one goes through though.
Old 10-30-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tried signing up wsing 72SD code. Initially, I had some problem signing up. It kept asking me to enter payment info, but there is no entry in the web page to enter that information. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anyways, I was using Firefox and thought it could be some incompatibility with the browser, so I switch to IE and was able to finish signing up without it asking me to enter payment info. Although on the web page that displays the info I typed, it shows billing fields as all blank. I wonder if it will be accepted.

Oh, I just got the email confirmation from CH. It shows the 5 enrollment DVDs I selected. But it didn't show the 6th DVD I pick for $14.95.

Last edited by mookiemeister; 10-30-04 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-31-04, 09:25 AM
abe

I think I used the 72sd code, or one that was similiar that was posted in the "Newcomers - READ THIS simplified guide before posting!", but I can't find that list anymore.

The thing is this was my first time signing up so I didn't have a psn number, so I ended up just typing in a bunch of numbers in anyway.

Applied on web - 24th or 25th
Accepted on - 27th
Shipped on - 29th

So now I'm just waiting on the order to come in. I'm still surprised it worked.
Old 10-31-04, 12:48 PM

off topic - what happened to the newcomer's sticky thread?
Old 11-03-04, 10:44 AM

After waiting a week to see if my last application (72SD) went through, I not only emailed CH but finally called in to have them check. It appears they have no record of my application which is very strange.

I tried having the phone rep try putting in a new application for me using 72SD as well 67P, and she says both codes are invalid. I ended up not joining again which is unfortunate.
Old 11-03-04, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by consoleman
I tried having the phone rep try putting in a new application for me using 72SD as well 67P, and she says both codes are invalid. I ended up not joining again which is unfortunate.
The 72SD code is still working online, but you know, if they say its not in their system, maybe they killed it. ahh sorry about that.
Old 11-03-04, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by ga_con
The 72SD code is still working online, but you know, if they say its not in their system, maybe they killed it. ahh sorry about that.
Yes, it definitely still goes through online. I cannot understand why my application always gets lost. I wonder if my DV2 account has something to do with that. I think I read someone mentioning this happened to them also.
Old 11-03-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used 72SD online and it got approved within 3 days. This was last week.
Old 11-03-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm 0-7 now within the last month for online applications, 2-0 on the phone though in the last week.

It kinda sucks going through phone, it took 7 minutes and 40 seconds from the time I dialed to when I hung up the phone today and thats with having all my selection numbers written down! The web takes less then a minute and there isn't a chance for getting your info wrong.
Old 11-04-04, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Adrenaline
I'm 0-7 now within the last month for online applications, 2-0 on the phone though in the last week.

It kinda sucks going through phone, it took 7 minutes and 40 seconds from the time I dialed to when I hung up the phone today and thats with having all my selection numbers written down! The web takes less then a minute and there isn't a chance for getting your info wrong.
Adrenaline, what code did you use on the phone?

I'm sending emails again to have them check some more. They're not that helpful. Keeps telling you to wait 3 to 5 days. I'm telling them it's been 7 days.

If this doesn't go through, I guess my days of joining CH could be over.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.