Reload this Page >

Canceled Membership?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Canceled Membership?

Old 09-22-04, 11:56 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canceled Membership?

I recently placed an order for the new Hitchcock set. I was quite excited because I got a great Fun Cash deal on it. I noticed it wasn't shipping, so I called them. The lady on the other end said that my account had been canceled because of returns. I questioned her as to why the website was active and said I was a preferred member. She had no answer other than my account was canceled.

Has this happened to anyone. Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed by all this and feel that I have been mistreated by the company. I was never made aware of a cancelation. Should I talk to them again?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-04, 12:53 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i dont understand, did you ask her what she meant by " because of returns"
Old 09-22-04, 01:43 PM
Cool New Member

I recently moved and I forgot to repsond to some of my directors selections.
Old 09-22-04, 05:58 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

well there is your answer, try to open another account, that all i can say about it, although it never happened to me
Old 09-23-04, 08:51 AM
Cool New Member

I called back and they re-activated my account. They also gave me the Hitchcock set for less than I previously ordered it and I didn't have to use any Fun Cash.

In the end it worked out great!
Old 09-23-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For all the complaining I hear people do about CH (mainly in the main boards, not so much this one), they sure seem to go out of their way to take care of members.

You even admit it was your fault (forgot to reply / update with them when moving) - and this cost them money in the form of returns - yet they forgave all that and gave you a great deal.

Despite all their quirks, I for one am a huge fan of this club.
Old 09-24-04, 01:29 PM
Cool New Member

Well, they never communicated my account was canceled. According the website it was active and had been for a long time.

They aren't exactly perfect. They did treat me well, though.
Old 09-24-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The website is quirky that way - I can still log onto an account I closed by phone well over a year ago. OTOH, I closed an account via the website a few weeks ago, and was locked out very quickly - although I did receive emails regarding the account up to two weeks after I closed it - one reminding me of a director's selection, and one offering me a 2 for $20 deal ($19.95 titles) to fulfill.
Old 09-25-04, 06:13 PM

CH cancelled my account once because of returns.I didn't mind since they cancelled it after i had received and paid for my enrollment selections,but BEFORE I ordered any other titles.I didn't have to complete my membership agreement!
Old 09-29-04, 03:11 PM

I have had 3 returns, and nor problems yet. All were badly scratched discs I exchanged.

Also, incidentally, I don't know if this is the general policy, but the website ALWAYS tells me to call instead when I attempt to cancel.
Old 09-29-04, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by foxxvox
CH cancelled my account once because of returns.I didn't mind since they cancelled it after i had received and paid for my enrollment selections,but BEFORE I ordered any other titles.I didn't have to complete my membership agreement!
That's something to be proud of . Good luck trying to join again, at least from the same address.
Old 09-29-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by blueutopia
I have had 3 returns, and nor problems yet. All were badly scratched discs I exchanged.
That type of return should not count against you - how did they get scratched, floaters?

The type of return that will get you cancelled / blacklisted are forgetting to decline and returning your automatic shipments - unless there are extenuating circumstances (like the original poster).