DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/360356-new-site-get-free-ipod-mini-requires-only-six-offers.html)

bdrules 04-23-04 11:09 PM

New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers)

Note: Hold off on signing up with these guys until further notice!

It's called Freeslide and they have a system like freedvds etc where you get free stuff by completing offers. There's not really a "point" system other than you have to get six "action" points, and you get one for completing an offer or referring a friend. It's not a system where you have to complete a huge combination of offers to get enough points, each offer is worth the same. So for example, signing up for ebay is worth the same as signing up for a credit card. You can get the iPod mini completely free by only doing the free offers.

When you sign up, on your member screen there will be a choice of 9 random offers that you can do (right now I've got Columbia House, AOL 9.0, Ancestry.com, eBay, some ink place, Doubleday Book Club, Miracleburn, Boca Java, and AOL for Broadband). You'll notice that it's a mix of free offers (ebay, ancestry.com) and not-so-free offers (Boca Java, and the ink place (where you have to spend $30)). BUT the offers change randomly, so instead of being stuck with 9 random good-ok-sucky offers, you can pick out the good ones.

So you could get an iPod mini for $3 if you were to do AOL for BB, AOL 9.0, Ancestry, Ebay, Bargain.com, and either trimlife or miracleburn. Or $0 if you do a combination of free offers and referrals.

It appears to be a branch of a large marketing company called SubscriberBase (http://www.subscriberbase.com/index.php) so it seems pretty legit. Just remember to use a spam email address though!

Sign up here: http://sbase3o.com/promotions/regist...pipd&lid=apipd. Change the "o" to a "0".

The iPod minis are currently on backorder everywhere (4-6 weeks) so after you complete the offers it will take that long to get it. They ship FedEX.

Customer service email address is: [email protected]

Use this link to get to your account once you've registered: http://sbase3o.com/promotions/status.php. (again, change "o" to "0")

Note: I removed the instructions on how to choose the offer number, because I don't think that the company would want my posting it, and I don't want to get my account canceled or anything. If anyone else wants to start a definitive FAQ on freeslide, and include that info, feel free to do so.

Brian

GuitarsRLife 04-24-04 09:01 AM

Re: New site to get a free iPod mini (requires only six offers)

[02 - AOL for Broadband
05 - Stamps.com
08 - BMG Music Club
09 - Columbia House DVD Club
10 - Video Professor
13 - Ancestry.com
15 - Netflix
16 - Ebay
17 - Trimlife
19 - Bargain.com
20 - AOL 9.0
49 = Curb Your Cravings
51 = NY Tines Home Delivery
53 = Miracle Burn
46 - Doubleday Book Club
50 - AOL Call Alert

So if you do AOL Call Alert, it's another FREE offer!

that makes 6 TOTALLY FREE OFFERES for an IPOD MINI!!!

WOO!!!!

thanks, OP.

badger1997 04-24-04 02:32 PM

Watch AOL Call Alert though. Not really free. It's still a decent deal, but you usually do have to pay something for having busy call forwarding added to your line. When I did mine it was $6 on my phone bill.

bdrules 04-24-04 09:08 PM

When you cancel AOL Call Alert, does it automatically cancel the call forwarding service? Or do you have to call up your phone company to cancel that also?

CloverClover 04-25-04 12:01 AM

How soon after signing up for the free trials should I cancel (AOL or Ancestry for example)? Does it say anywhere in the fine print that one must stay a member for a certain period of time?

bdrules 04-25-04 11:14 AM

No, you can cancel anytime before your free trial period is up and not have to pay anything (unless it's a $3 trial or whatever). There are some offers where you have to become a member (Netflix-I think), but most free trial offers (AOL, Ancestry, Bargain,etc) just require you to sign up for the trial. It's usually best to wait until your points get credited before cancelling though.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 01:17 AM

edit double

ClownFace666 04-26-04 01:28 AM

Edit.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 01:32 AM

Here you guys go.

I found this. If your not interested in an Ipod, this link lets you choose from 4 different items.

Sony Camorder
KitchenAid Mixer
Apple Ipod
Kodak Digital Camera

I still dont know which one I should go for.

http://sbase30.com/promotions/reg_ch...anding_fc_pops

ClownFace666 04-26-04 02:00 AM

BDrules,

I will be signing up under your referral. Hopefully you get a point.

How long does it take to get points???

I have completed

Ebay (registered and did one bid)
Curb your Cravings (free sample)
Trimlife (free sample)
Miracle Burn (free sample)
Ancestory (14 day trial)

I only completed each just a short time ago today. Just curious in how long it takes to get points?

I still need to do one more offer. Would go for AOL, but they are a complete nightmare to cancel. I actually had to call 3 seperate times last year when I did it for Free dvds. I hear the same thing for Bargain.com (being hard to cancel), so I will have to think of another one.

Thank you.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 05:11 AM

I think I will do the coffee offer for my number 6 offer. The one with that starts with a G.

2 bags of coffee, a coffee pot, a spoon, and a cup for $14.95 is a good deal. Can use it as a gift I suppose.

I will end up paying something around $20-$30 for the Ipod, but no one cant say that is still not a fantastic deal.

I just dont have the patience to deal with the likes of hasseler companies like AOL right now.

Like witches and warlocks on broomsticks.

yourmomlikesemo 04-26-04 11:41 AM

I'll believe it when someone actually gets a product. It sounds like they are just hoping that no one will ever complete the amount of points needed to get one. Most of those offers pay out probably around $30, so to do 6 offers is $180.00 for them. So for every iPod they ship out, they lose $120.00. Hence, I'm waiting to see if someone even gets one.

bdrules 04-26-04 12:31 PM

Originally posted by ClownFace666

How long does it take to get points???

Ebay (registered and did one bid)
Curb your Cravings (free sample)
Trimlife (free sample)
Miracle Burn (free sample)
Ancestory (14 day trial)

Out of those, I've done ebay and ancestry. Ebay took 3-4 days and Ancestry took 1 day.

Make sure to read all the fine print on the coffee offer though, because if I remember right, that was one of the offers to avoid on the freedvds list (can't remember why).

bdrules 04-26-04 12:39 PM

Originally posted by yourmomlikesemo
I'll believe it when someone actually gets a product. It sounds like they are just hoping that no one will ever complete the amount of points needed to get one. Most of those offers pay out probably around $30, so to do 6 offers is $180.00 for them. So for every iPod they ship out, they lose $120.00. Hence, I'm waiting to see if someone even gets one.
I'm pretty sure you're right about them hoping that people don't complete all the offers. I'm guessing that there are a whole lot of people out there who will sign up and only do two or three offers and then forget about it or just not finish the other offers. I actually think the majority of the sign ups are people like that, so they aren't making money off the people who do all six offers, they make it off the people who only do a few offers. That's probably why they give a whole point to refer someone: they are betting that the referal won't complete all the offers, and they make money off of those. I agree, it seems like a pretty shaky business plan, but then again this is part of a good sized marketing company, so I guess they know what they're doing.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 02:40 PM

BDrules,

I did the Gevalia coffee offer. It was a number you didnt list. Not the coffee offer you did list. That was a different company.

I read the fine print and it says you can cancel anytime.

Gevalia is a main company and a member of the BBB (also, highly rated on Bizrate), so I dont think there will be any problems with it.

Not sure of course, but I would hope not. They had so many different things to choose from that I will use anyways. They sell their products in Mall stores as well.

Boca Java I know nothing about, so I avoided it.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 02:43 PM

I do think the IPods, Mixer, or whatever you choose will actually ship if you infact do complete the offers.

I just hope we get the points for the offers we have completed. I have completed 6 offers. I hope I get all 6 points I need because I did complete them.

I checked out Free Slide and Sbase.

The company is a verified member of the B.B.B. as well. If you check out the link I provided, you will see that they are B.B.B. verified as well as Fedex listed.

They carry both logos.

I think the main company itself is safe. It would just be a few of the side companys (where you get the points) that might be shady. Just depends on the offer.

bdrules 04-26-04 03:10 PM

I did the Gevalia coffee offer. It was a number you didnt list. Not the coffee offer you did list. That was a different company.

I didn't know there were two coffee offers, I thought it was just the boca one. So yeah, Gevalia should be fine.

ClownFace666 04-26-04 03:22 PM

Originally posted by bdrules
I didn't know there were two coffee offers, I thought it was just the boca one. So yeah, Gevalia should be fine.
Gevalia is offer 21.

There were also some other things that looks ok too. Unfortunately, I dont remember the numbers. I just kept punching in different numbers to see what would come up.

Consumer Reports free trial was a number

A site to buy cartoons of cigarettes for $14.95 was another (pretty good deal if you smoke. I dont).

A mystery shopping site (this seemed kind of iffy though. Also expensive).

Others as well.

ClownFace666 04-27-04 04:05 PM

I received 3 points so far.

I received points for

Ebay
Gevalia
Trimlife

Trimlife has always been a winner. Very quick for Ebay. Much more so than they were for FreeDVDS. Quick for Gevalia as well.

Here's hoping I receive the following 3 points for

MiracleBurn
Curb your Cravings
Ancestory

Ancestory I believe will credit the points eventually. I am a little worried about Curb your cravings and MiracleBurn.

Has anyone else ever done those offers before here or on another site? If so, how long did it take to get your points?

yourmomlikesemo 04-27-04 04:24 PM

Clownface666, can you please post a pic of the ipod when you get it?

ClownFace666 04-27-04 05:40 PM

Originally posted by yourmomlikesemo
Clownface666, can you please post a pic of the ipod when you get it?
I never made any claims that I would receive it, but I am still going to try for it. If I would have listened to people who said the same thing about FreeDVD's, I never would have gotten so much great stuff.

I wont be letting others know how my experience went until I am finished and receive the item. This will destroy the site just as too many people knowing did to FreeDVDs.com.

Once too many people knew, offers started to disappear quicker than they arrived.

If I do receive it, I will be starting a new account from a second address and going for the KitchenAid mixer next.

It would make a nice Mothers Day Gift.

After I am done getting the two items, then I will let people know I received them because I will be done.

But, I will let BDrules know if I get an item only because he was good enough to share this site with us.

If I dont receive the item, it's not the end of the world. I still didnt really pay anything for nothing I wont use anyways.

bdrules 04-27-04 11:26 PM

Here's hoping I receive the following 3 points for

MiracleBurn
Curb your Cravings
Ancestory

Has anyone else ever done those offers before here or on another site? If so, how long did it take to get your points?

I got credit for Ancestry.com the next day, so that shouldn't take to long to credit. I've heard miracleburn is quick too, and I'm pretty sure it was a quick credit at freedvds too. Curb you Cravings I'm not sure about.

yourmomlikesemo 04-28-04 09:22 AM

I wont be letting others know how my experience went until I am finished and receive the item. This will destroy the site just as too many people knowing did to FreeDVDs.com.

But, I will let BDrules know if I get an item only because he was good enough to share this site with us.

All I'm saying is there is a thread on the forum up here dedicated to orders being shipped and what people have gotten from Free____.com, there isn't one dedicated at all to this offer.

Also for a "destroyed" site, I've gotten:
Best Buy Gift Card FreeGiftPlanet.com
Ninja Gaiden FreeVideoGames.com
Return to Castle Wolfenstein FreeVideoGames.com
Unreal Championship FreeVideoGames.com
Rushmore FreeDVDs.com
Hedwig and the Angry Inch FreeDVDs.com
Xbox Live Kit FreeVideoGames.com
South Park - The Complete Third Season FreeDVDs.com
No Doubt: The Singles FreeCDs.com
Grand Theft Auto Bundle FreeGiftPlanet.com
MaxPayne 2 FreeGiftPlanet.com

Also with the BBB logo, that is something that they could of purchased before they launched this site. The logo costs around $600 dollars per business, on top of going thru an application. All I'm saying is that they could of been approved for something else, and applied it to this site.

----------------------------------------------
Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.

ClownFace666 04-28-04 10:27 AM

FreeDVD's is pretty much dried up nowadays.

Not even really worth doing anymore.

Many of the once great offers (such as the Dealpass offers) are all gone now.

About this offer, if you want to try it, just try it. If you dont, dont.

I see no reason to keep repeating yourself. Let those of us who want to try it out do it.

Like I said, I dont care about trying it out because I am not really losing anything if it doesnt work anyways.

Might as well take the shot and just see.

CloverClover 04-28-04 02:13 PM

So far I've been credited for Miracleburn, E-bay, and Ancestry.com, and I'm waiting on AOL, BMG Music, and Trimlife. I wonder why it's so inconsistent, Clownface is waiting for Miracleburn and Ancestry, both of which came up for me in one day, and I assume Trimlife for Clownface showed up quickly as well.

ClownFace666 04-28-04 09:18 PM

CloverClover,

I agree. No sure why.

Hope we dont only get 3 points and they somehow manage to forget and credit the other 3.

Will this site manually credit points?

bdrules 04-28-04 11:03 PM

I think the reason that it takes different amounts of time for the points to credit is because the companies send out a "sign up tally" to freeslide every few days. Like for example ebay may send it out every monday, so people that sign up on saturday will get the point in two days, but people who sign up on tuesday won't get it for another six days.

Just my guess...

ClownFace666 04-28-04 11:29 PM

Originally posted by bdrules
I think the reason that it takes different amounts of time for the points to credit is because the companies send out a "sign up tally" to freeslide every few days. Like for example ebay may send it out every monday, so people that sign up on saturday will get the point in two days, but people who sign up on tuesday won't get it for another six days.

Just my guess...

I hope so. That would be fine then.

I did do 6 offers. I am just hoping to get all 6.

By the way, have you received any referral points yet like you should have?

Just curious.

bdrules 04-29-04 12:22 PM

I hope so. That would be fine then.

I did do 6 offers. I am just hoping to get all 6.

By the way, have you received any referral points yet like you should have?

Just curious.

Yeah, one just showed up. Thanks guys that let me refer you.

ClownFace666 04-30-04 08:56 PM

Why are all these links dead?

I dont even remember the link for checking into my own account. Damn. Should have wrote it down.

BDrules,

I have sent you an email through your profile asking you for correct info. Please respond. This is important.

Thank You.

CloverClover 04-30-04 10:40 PM

Hey Clownface, the link to check the account is:

http://sbase30.com/promotions/status.php

ClownFace666 05-01-04 12:28 AM

Originally posted by CloverClover
Hey Clownface, the link to check the account is:

http://---/promotions/status.php

Clover,

Check them out. They are all dead. At least for me.

On my screen most of the link is there, but someone removed parts of the links after http: and replaced them with

---

This is in most of the links and has killed them off for me.

Check them yourself and see if they work for you. If they do, report back.

Thank you.

bdrules 05-01-04 02:08 AM

Ok guys, this is kind of weird. I don't know what is going on but it seems that it is blocking sbase31.com (change 31 to 30) and replacing it with --- in the addresses. Why would it do that? Is a mod doing it? I don't know why, since there is no referral or anything in them?

Doesn't make sense really. If a mod doesn't want me to post it (and I really don't know what is wrong with it), then I'll remove the post... Again, there isn't any referral in any of those links...

ClownFace666 05-07-04 01:34 AM

Has anyone received all their points yet???

I still have not received Ancestory, Miracle Burn, or Curb your Cravings and it's been over a week.

bdrules 05-07-04 12:12 PM

I only need one more point....

...waiting...waiting....waiting....

JEStinson3 05-07-04 03:57 PM

Still waiting on Trimlife. Ancestry, bargain.com, ebay, AOL, and miracle burn have all credited.

gfoots 05-08-04 04:14 PM

Do any of these offers accept Web Certificates?

bdrules 05-08-04 07:31 PM

Originally posted by gfoots
Do any of these offers accept Web Certificates?
Sure. I'm pretty sure just about all of them will (if you have enough money to cover the charge, of course). To them, all a WC is is a debit card.

tmorrell 05-09-04 09:26 PM

I did the stamps.com and ancestry deals 2 weeks ago and still no credit. I e-mailed support and they were no help

ClownFace666 05-10-04 01:18 AM

Originally posted by tmorrell
I did the stamps.com and ancestry deals 2 weeks ago and still no credit. I e-mailed support and they were no help
Did they email you back?

What did they say?