Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Site Won't Let Me Select Full Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Site Won't Let Me Select Full Price

Have not been on the site in a few weeks, went to check out today and there was no place to select full price for the fullfillment titles like there use to be in the shopping cart
Old 03-11-02, 12:44 PM

Same here... I just put a few things in my cart to test it and the "Radio Button" price selection option in gone!!! That sucks bigtime. We should all call and email to protest
Old 03-11-02, 12:57 PM

I was able to use AOS to get two $29.95 titles for $19.95 but when I tried to to do the same for the third title(I'm fulfilling a 59P) It would not let me. It repeatedly came up at $17.95 after showing up as $19.95 on the previous page. This happened for several titles including Groundhog Day SE and Magnificent Ambersons MS. It said "counts toward fulfillment" next to the $17.95 price, so I'm gonna raise hell if it doesn't.
Old 03-11-02, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, you can choose full price for commitments but CH has changed the system for doing so. At the lower right of the screen is a checkmark and a link that you can use to open a "Commitment Status" dialog box. You can use that to choose how many of your titles you want to count for commitment. Then choose recalculate and it will take care of the rest. The new system should be easier for newbies to understand but it is confusing for those of us who are used to the old "radio button" system.
Old 03-11-02, 01:23 PM

Thanks for explaining..... I wasnt' able to see the "Commitment Status" link because I am logging in on a fulfilled account
Old 03-11-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by kittee3
Thanks for explaining..... I wasnt' able to see the "Commitment Status" link because I am logging in on a fulfilled account
Makes sense. I happened to be fiddling with an unfulfilled account. By the way, the "explain this" pop up link is quite clear and helpful IMO.
Old 03-11-02, 02:03 PM

travis_bickle, what is AOS? I also want to use it for 59P fullfillment. Thanks.
Old 03-11-02, 02:09 PM

AOS refers to the All On Sale deal.... Not everyone can get it - go here for more info
Old 03-11-02, 03:57 PM

Where?

What screen has this 'committment status" link? It wasn't on the cart screen, so how does one see it? Hope I'm not going blind..
Old 03-11-02, 07:26 PM

A similar thing happened to me, but I think my situation is different, I will definitely be calling them up tomorrow as soon as I can (I just found the error)
I made a fullfilment purchase for 3 DVDs and I know for a fact that when I ordered I had all marked at full price.
Well, my account order status page now has 2 different orders for the same DVDs, 1 is a Web order (which is what it should be) but instead of having an order number, it just says "To Be Assigned" and all of the prices are represented as "********"
Also, the second order type is "Prodigy" which makes no sense to me, but also the second 2 DVDs are marked at the 40% off price. Also, it says the status is awaiting credit approval, which I have not seen before in one of my orders either.

Has anyone else ever encountered anything like this?

Thanks

Arin
Old 03-11-02, 10:46 PM

I went to the "Commitment Status" screen, saw where you could change the number of titles to count as commitments, but my drop-down box only showed "1." Despite having three items in my cart, it would NOT let me change it to anything other than "1" even though I have 2 more commitment titles to purchase. What gives???????
Old 03-11-02, 10:56 PM

I am just echoing Roy Batty's question...Which screen is thie "commitment status" button on (cart screen? checkout? individaul DVD?). I can't seem to find it
Old 03-11-02, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by mandms
I went to the "Commitment Status" screen, saw where you could change the number of titles to count as commitments, but my drop-down box only showed "1." Despite having three items in my cart, it would NOT let me change it to anything other than "1" even though I have 2 more commitment titles to purchase. What gives???????
I have the exact same problem
Old 03-11-02, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cant find the commitment status checkmark, I am in the cart page, is that the right page?
Old 03-11-02, 11:00 PM

the shopping cart page w/check mark is the right page. Unfortunately you can only have 1 dvd marked at fullprice. Hopefully we'll hear some better news soon.
Old 03-11-02, 11:00 PM

ooops...seen it..Thanks anyway
Old 03-11-02, 11:14 PM

does anyone else have the problem of not being able to choose more than 1 DVD at full price?
Old 03-11-02, 11:15 PM

Ummmm....

OK, something is definitely not right here. Earlier today I added J&SBSB to my cart, and it showed up with the checkmark. I took it out, and added a pre-order title ($24.95) which did not trigger the checkmark. I just added J&SBSB again; this time, no check. I think CH's new site 'feature' is not ready for prime time. And I still haven't seen the committment status link. I think I saw a Twilight Zone episode like this...
Old 03-11-02, 11:23 PM

I still cant find the check
Old 03-11-02, 11:25 PM

Re: Ummmm....

Originally posted by Roy Batty
OK, something is definitely not right here. Earlier today I added J&SBSB to my cart, and it showed up with the checkmark. I took it out, and added a pre-order title ($24.95) which did not trigger the checkmark. I just added J&SBSB again; this time, no check. I think CH's new site 'feature' is not ready for prime time. And I still haven't seen the committment status link. I think I saw a Twilight Zone episode like this...
now i see why
\
Old 03-12-02, 10:35 AM

i still can't get more than one title to show up as full price, anybody have this working?
Old 03-12-02, 11:15 AM

When you click the link for fullfillments you should get an order screen with a drop-down box (near the top) for how many additional titles you want at full price. You can't pick the title(s) directly, but I think it assigns the full price in the order in which you picked the titles.

i.e. I picked 2 @ 19.95 and 1 @ 14.95

My invoice showed 19.95, 11.97, & 8.97

I clicked the link and left the drop down at the default of one additional title at regular price.

My invoice recalc-ed to 19.95, 19.95, and 8.97

-BL
Old 03-12-02, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So many questions I am not going to quote them.

Lets start with finding the checkmark. As Kittee3 mentioned, you may not find it unless you are looking at an account that is not yet fulfilled. Otherwise it is called "Commitment Status" and is located at the lower right. Select the "Choose How Many" link.

When the Commitment Status dialog box opens at the top of the page it asks how many more you want for commitment. In most cases you already have one in your cart listed at full price with a checkmark next to it. If you don't have a lot of $19.95 or higher titles you may only be able to see a one in the box. (If you are using a 59p code you can put three commitment titles in your cart and the number should read 2.)

When you press "Recalculate" the shopping cart should have one more title at $19.95, assuming that you are using $19.95 titles as commitments. That newly priced item will be at the bottom segregated out as "Specially Priced Items" meaning that you have changed the price. There will be a checkmark next to all titles that are priced as commitments.

One more thing, if you go away without checking out, your cart will be reset to sale prices the next time you open that account.

Pretty simple really. But I guess I am a minority of one in thinking that.
[Edit: Make that a "minority of two", bawler gets it also.]

On the subject of asterisks as prices. In the past that has meant that the web site is having problems. Supposedly it will charge you correctly but I would just come back another day when it is working properly.

Last edited by lizard; 03-12-02 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-12-02, 11:34 AM

Simple?

As Kittee3 mentioned, you may not find it unless you are looking at an account that is not yet fulfilled.
I have two accounts: one with 1 committment to go, the other with two. The one with 1 committment left offers me AOS, but will not let me buy at full price, and puts everything in my cart at the sale price, with no committment link. The other account offers "buy on at regular price, take two more at $10.00 off". It does have the committment link and works as Lizard says. Since both accounts are unfulfilled, shouldn't this 'feature' work the same with both?
Old 03-12-02, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by kittee3
Same here... I just put a few things in my cart to test it and the "Radio Button" price selection option in gone!!! That sucks bigtime. We should all call and email to protest
quoting myself.... I think this new system is a royal pita!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.