Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

GoHastings Buy More,Save More Used - B2 get 20% Off - B3 get 30% Off - B4 Get 40% Off

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

GoHastings Buy More,Save More Used - B2 get 20% Off - B3 get 30% Off - B4 Get 40% Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two Day Sale - Valid 8/9-8/10

Code - FEEDMESEYMOUR
Old 08-09-13, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: GoHastings Buy More,Save More Used - B2 get 20% Off - B3 get 30% Off - B4 Get 40%

At the 40% level of discount, GoHastings is a good way to fill holes in your collection. Amazon's recent price increase on shipping in the Amazon Marketplace has priced many used items above a certain price and this is a way to beat out Amazon's prices.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 08-10-13 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-09-13, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: GoHastings Buy More,Save More Used - B2 get 20% Off - B3 get 30% Off - B4 Get 40%

...absolutley, go hastings is a great way to save on dvd's and shipping is only 96cents each item..
Old 08-11-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

As is often the case with GoHastings's sales, I scored big on used TV season sets:

South Park: The Complete First Season - $1.03
South Park: The Complete Second Season - $1.03
Nip/Tuck: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Third Season $1.20
Desperate Housewives: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Private Practice: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Scrubs: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Scrubs: The Complete Second Season - $1.03
Gene Simmons Family Jewels: The Complete Season One - $1.12
Laguna Beach: The Complete First Season - $1.12
Saving Grace: Season One - $1.12
Prison Break: Season 1 - $1.41
Glee: The Complete First Season - $1.15
Murphy Brown: The Complete First Season - $1.46
Bones: Season Two - $1.03

Merchandise: $16.82
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling: $14.40
Total: $31.22

Out of the fifteen sets that I bought, I'm keeping four and I'll take the rest to work to loan out to co-workers. Including shipping, each of the sets ended up being under $2.50, so it's not costing me much to spread the TV love around.
Old 08-11-13, 06:22 PM

Can you share the magic of how you find these quickly? Do you browse or have them in your wishlist already or type in specific titles?

When this sale started, I actually selected DVD and TV series sorted by price, and browsed up through roughly the $4 mark. A saw a few of the ones you got (none that interested me), but I didn't see a lot of them (such as the South Park ones). I know Gohastings has good deals at times, but digging for them on their website takes so much time, and it always seems that people post specific titles with great deals only (1) after the sale is over or (2) after they are OOS. However, that's definitely a nice haul with good prices provided the discs aren't thrashed.
Originally Posted by rbrown498
As is often the case with GoHastings's sales, I scored big on used TV season sets:

South Park: The Complete First Season - $1.03
South Park: The Complete Second Season - $1.03
Nip/Tuck: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Third Season $1.20
Desperate Housewives: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Private Practice: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Scrubs: The Complete First Season - $1.03
Scrubs: The Complete Second Season - $1.03
Gene Simmons Family Jewels: The Complete Season One - $1.12
Laguna Beach: The Complete First Season - $1.12
Saving Grace: Season One - $1.12
Prison Break: Season 1 - $1.41
Glee: The Complete First Season - $1.15
Murphy Brown: The Complete First Season - $1.46
Bones: Season Two - $1.03

Merchandise: $16.82
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling: $14.40
Total: $31.22

Out of the fifteen sets that I bought, I'm keeping four and I'll take the rest to work to loan out to co-workers. Including shipping, each of the sets ended up being under $2.50, so it's not costing me much to spread the TV love around.
Old 08-12-13, 11:05 AM

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Sure, Manzana. I used to keep them in my Wishlist, but with titles going in and out of stock and price fluctuations, I abandoned that a while back.

These days, after logging in to the site, I do a search for the term "season." Once the search engine pulls up the list, I go to the left-hand pane and narrow my search to movies (which includes both Blu-rays and DVDs). After that, I sort the list by price, lowest to highest. I still may have to go through dozens of pages, but at least now I'm looking at a list of low-priced TV season sets (although it still pulls in movies like OPEN SEASON and SEASON OF THE WITCH).

Does that help any?
Old 08-14-13, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Sure, Manzana. I used to keep them in my Wishlist, but with titles going in and out of stock and price fluctuations, I abandoned that a while back.

These days, after logging in to the site, I do a search for the term "season." Once the search engine pulls up the list, I go to the left-hand pane and narrow my search to movies (which includes both Blu-rays and DVDs). After that, I sort the list by price, lowest to highest. I still may have to go through dozens of pages, but at least now I'm looking at a list of low-priced TV season sets (although it still pulls in movies like OPEN SEASON and SEASON OF THE WITCH).

Does that help any?
Yes, thanks for the tips. I'll try that next time.