DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dan Curtis Macabre Collection 4 DVD 4.99 Amazon

Old 07-31-13, 06:51 PM

Dan Curtis Macabre Collection 4 DVD 4.99 Amazon

(Dracula (1973) / The Turn of the Screw (1974) / Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1968) / The Picture of Dorian Gray (1973)) (1968)

New from a reseller, fulfilled by Amazon. Dropped in price in my cart from earlier today. I placed an order with a couple other things for free ship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000060MVF/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-31-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Dan Curtis Macabre Collection 4 DVD 4.99 Amazon

Grabbed one w/ free Prime shipping. Thanks!
Old 07-31-13, 09:27 PM

Got one too. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-31-13, 09:37 PM

Me too -- thanks!
Old 07-31-13, 09:38 PM

$3.99 on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dan-Curt...item3cd3b1955b
Old 07-31-13, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks!!!!!!!! I bit for the one on ebay. On Amazon, between shipping & sales tax it would have been double the stated price.

Honesty I have no clue how the seller can sell it delivered by UPS for $4 total. UPS charges more than that.
Old 08-01-13, 07:04 AM

Thanks. Ordered from Amazon. Been wanting this for a long time.
Old 08-01-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks to Hilts and Schbee! Went for it on eBay, saved a dollar and avoided the tax. Great deal.
Old 08-01-13, 03:25 PM

In a nasty turn of events, the Dan Curtis set completely disappeared from my order. No email explaining why, just gone. It dropped my total lower than 25.00 and charged shipping so I immediately canceled it. Those of you who ordered through Amazon my want to check your orders (and extend me an online middle finger for posting this deal, if so warrented ).

In the meantime, I scampered out to eBay and ordered on from Scbee's link - thanks! The auction was closed, but the seller relisted for the same price.

Oh, yeah. On Amazon, the deal is dead.

Last edited by hilts; 08-01-13 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added PS
Old 08-01-13, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by hilts View Post
In a nasty turn of events, the Dan Curtis set completely disappeared from my order. No email explaining why, just gone. It dropped my total lower than 25.00 and charged shipping so I immediately canceled it. Those of you who ordered through Amazon my want to check your orders (and extend me an online middle finger for posting this deal, if so warrented ).

In the meantime, I scampered out to eBay and ordered on from Scbee's link - thanks! The auction was closed, but the seller relisted for the same price.

Interesting. I was looking at the seller's store yesterday and it did seem like there were some very good deals, but perhaps they were price mistakes. The seller now has no items listed. My order has already shipped, so I shouldn't have any problems, right?
Old 08-01-13, 03:50 PM

If you do, Amazon is very good from a consumer's pov regarding credits & returns.
Old 08-01-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah I placed an order and got everything from the seller cancelled and had one extra item that was not cancelled, and Amazon added the shipping onto. I called and they waived the shipping because I was a good customer. I hope this doesn't affect my buyer metrics (yes, there is such a thing) because it really wasn't an exception. It was just the result of a problem on the seller's end. I don't fault the seller for the problem though. I think they just accidentally priced everything at 4.99 because there were some other good deals on their site, all priced the same.

I ordered some of the same stuff on eBay. I think it was the same seller because much of the inventory was the same. We'll see if it ship. If it doesn't ship and I have to file against them to get my money back,I will neg them for that.

Originally Posted by Rexxriot View Post
Interesting. I was looking at the seller's store yesterday and it did seem like there were some very good deals, but perhaps they were price mistakes. The seller now has no items listed. My order has already shipped, so I shouldn't have any problems, right?
you must've had Prime. At times Prime is an advantage.
Old 08-01-13, 07:06 PM

My ebay purchase has not been marked as shipped yet. We'll see.........

They did relist 4 more at the same price after the batch mine was in sold out. Those 4 sold out also.
Old 08-01-13, 07:39 PM

Just got an item shipped notice. The seller I bought from was called "FrontRowEntertainment"; wondering if that's the budget dvd label selling direct? They had 100% fb on 37 ratings.
Old 08-01-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My copy hasn't been canceled by Amazon. I am a Prime customer, which tends to move the shipping process so fast that a seller rarely has a chance to cancel an order. It definitely seems like a price mistake across their inventory, a number of their items fulfilled by Amazon jumped down to $2.99 or $4.99 last night.
Old 08-02-13, 06:51 AM

In a nasty turn of events, the Dan Curtis set completely disappeared from my order. No email explaining why, just gone. It dropped my total lower than 25.00 and charged shipping so I immediately canceled it. Those of you who ordered through Amazon my want to check your orders
Glad I looked at this thread again. Thanks for the warning. Same thing happened to me, so I cancelled.
Old 08-02-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got mine in the mail today from Amazon. Going to check out the discs that have had reports of audio issues to see if they're okay.
Old 08-03-13, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All of my orders from this seller came with slashed UPC codes. Their items were actually cheaper on eBay than Amazon for this deal and some other titles.
Old 08-03-13, 02:48 AM

I picked up the Dracula title at half priced books a few months back sealed no cuts for $2.99. I've never opened it..................
Old 08-03-13, 09:36 AM

I got a shipping notice on the eBay auction. The seller has updated his eBay listing price to 36.79. No buyers since.
Old 08-03-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My purchase from FRONT ROW on eBay is also marked as shipped and has a tracking number.
Old 08-03-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got a shipping notice on the eBay auction. The seller has updated his eBay listing price to 36.79. No buyers since.
I've got tracking on both items I bought (the Dan Curtis collection and a Disney Parks BD), but neither tracking shows any activity. I doubt this guy can afford all the negs he might get if they actually don't ship. we'll see.
Old 08-03-13, 02:40 PM

Got mine from Amazon two days after I ordered (I'm a Prime member), with no tax charged.
Old 08-03-13, 08:19 PM

Per the tracking #, mine is sitting at the post office waiting for me. SethDLH, have you checked the audio issues you mention? Your post is the first I've heard of this.
Old 08-04-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
Per the tracking #, mine is sitting at the post office waiting for me. SethDLH, have you checked the audio issues you mention? Your post is the first I've heard of this.
I'd only heard of them from reviews on Amazon and I didn't notice any scanning briefly through each of the 4 discs. Not amazing quality but nothing wrong with it that I could tell.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.