Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Full Moon 50% off Sale (2-13-13) - (2-18-13)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Full Moon 50% off Sale (2-13-13) - (2-18-13)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Full Moon 50% off Sale (2-13-13) - (2-18-13)

I used my $75 in gift cards for:
Subspecies Blu-ray box set
Puppet Master Blu-ray box set (I was just going to get PM 2 and 3 but as someone mentioned they raised the price so it made more sense to get the set)
Puppet Master X Blu-ray
Bad Channels DVD

Total after shipping came to $75.20, so for $30.20 out of pocket, I got 7 BDs and a DVD, I'm OK with that. I wanted to get a Puppet Master shirt but they didn't have my size in stock.
Old 02-14-13, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
What are the terms of that sale, usually?
Usually it's a lower discount but last year they had a free gift at one point. Another year they did free shipping and also included 2 free mystery DVDs with each order. If you did separate orders of 1 DVD, you got 2 extra DVDs in each order.

I'm mainly passing because I have their new stuff already, so I'm just waiting till the end of the year to burn off my credit. The $100 werewolf nazi replica is tempting but I'm fine without it since I don't have any more space for replicas and stuff like that.
Old 02-18-13, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Reminder: sale ends today at noon PST (3pm EST)
Old 02-19-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They contacted me about one of the T-shirts I ordered. Apparently it is out of stock. So I took that opportunity to ask about the shipping fiasco again. Naturally, no response...
Old 02-19-13, 06:09 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Same here. One call and two e-mails later, I still haven't heard back. I even tried contacting Charles Band on Facebook and got a reply that it might take a day or two to receive a response about the order. That was five days ago.

If they can't (or won't) change my shipping speed, fine. I won't be pleased, but it's their choice. However, the lack of communication does bother me. I realize it's a busy time right now and Full Moon is an independent oufit, but it's a tad bogus that it takes them this long to reply to customers. Pair that with the ridiculous shipping rates and I'm not eager to buy anything else from them.
Old 02-23-13, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 02-28-13, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else gotten their order from this sale yet?
Old 02-28-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by blackmage214
Has anyone else gotten their order from this sale yet?
I got mine last week.
Old 03-01-13, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine yesterday- they put the $31 they charged me for shipping 11 dvds towards Priority mail which was nice.
Old 03-01-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't get my order yet. But there was 1 item they couldn't fill, so it probably delayed things. Did anyone who ordered before they fixed the shipping successfully get a shipping adjustment yet?
Old 03-02-13, 08:27 PM

^ No, I think they're just ignoring us at this point. I've called them, sent three messages through the "Contact Us" form and tried to get a update on Facebook (twice). I've received no direct answer about my request.

I ordered a replica, so that might be what is delaying my order. They've now had two and half weeks to inform me about changing the shipping rate, so I'm not convinced they plan to do anything about it at this point.
Old 03-03-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ No, I think they're just ignoring us at this point. I've called them, sent three messages through the "Contact Us" form and tried to get a update on Facebook (twice). I've received no direct answer about my request.

I ordered a replica, so that might be what is delaying my order. They've now had two and half weeks to inform me about changing the shipping rate, so I'm not convinced they plan to do anything about it at this point.
Replicas notoriously take several months.
Old 03-07-13, 01:12 PM

got a shipping notice for one of my mystery boxes
Old 03-25-13, 05:11 PM

I only just received a (partial) shipping notice from this sale. They never bothered changing the shipping speed to standard after I was told on the phone that they'd make a note about it. Normally, I'd understand -- but they had over six freakin' weeks to fix the issue. This was after two phone calls and six messages sent (three through the website, three through their Facebook wall). I was just ignored on every front by these guys. Never again, Full Moon. You've lost a customer and a fan.
Old 03-26-13, 06:44 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I received the DVD instead of the Blu-ray of Puppet Master X, I sent them a message once and was ignored, sent them another one received a reply on February 25 saying they would send the Blu-ray out 'today' but I still haven't received it...
Old 04-03-13, 03:05 AM

I received everything except my Blade replica. They included a letter stating that their last shipment of replcias were of low quality and they need to have them redone (no timeframe is given for when they will ship to customers). Considering my main reason for placing the order as soon as the sale went live was to ensure that the friggin' replica didn't sell out, I'm now doubly pissed that they didn't change the shipping to standard and refund me the difference for their ridiculous priority rates.

Honestly, I've gotten some shitty service in the past -- but these guys flat out lied to me. Their communication is the worst I've ever experienced. Don't tell a customer something will get taken care of and then ignore them when you don't follow through. It's like they want to lose customers.
Old 04-03-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I received everything except my Blade replica. They included a letter stating that their last shipment of replcias were of low quality and they need to have them redone (no timeframe is given for when they will ship to customers). Considering my main reason for placing the order as soon as the sale went live was to ensure that the friggin' replica didn't sell out, I'm now doubly pissed that they didn't change the shipping to standard and refund me the difference for their ridiculous priority rates.

Honestly, I've gotten some shitty service in the past -- but these guys flat out lied to me. Their communication is the worst I've ever experienced. Don't tell a customer something will get taken care of and then ignore them when you don't follow through. It's like they want to lose customers.
I believe what they say about their latest batch of replicas. My buddy got Kamikaze and his backpack of dynamite or whatever it is was basically falling off when he got it from the cheap glue they used.
Old 04-03-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anything involving a replica is bound to be shady. Time, price, quality- and I have 5 of them.....it's amazing how poorly a company can be run and still have loyal fans. I'm just as guilty and I don't know why I continue, lol. Any other studio and I would've quit watching/buying a long time ago. There's just something about FM and Charlies shenanigans!
Old 04-03-13, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The replicas are done by a single guy over in Asia, I think China. He does them by hand, so that explains why there's a delay. The guy doesn't have them pre-made by the time the order arrives. I'd actually give them credit for not sending the bad ones out and making him do new ones.
Old 04-03-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xfilekr
Anything involving a replica is bound to be shady. Time, price, quality- and I have 5 of them.....it's amazing how poorly a company can be run and still have loyal fans. I'm just as guilty and I don't know why I continue, lol. Any other studio and I would've quit watching/buying a long time ago. There's just something about FM and Charlies shenanigans!
Totem is the best out of any of the replicas. It doesn't look or feel cheap at all and it's at a good price.

The battle damaged Jester is easily the worst, mostly because the face looks nothing like Jester. The clothes are ok but the face is just so off.
Old 04-03-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Totem was the last one I got. Love the detail and paint, but it may as well be made out of glass. The forearm arrived loose, and when I pulled it out of the box it came off the arm rod and literally shattered. Glued it back together cause I wasn't interested in waiting another 10 months for a new one.
Right now he's laying on his back, cause standing he leans forward in the stand and the material he's made of has some give- I knew he'd facedive to the floor when I wasn't around and obliterate.
How do you have yours standing?
I agree on Jester- weakest of the ones I have.
Old 04-03-13, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
The replicas are done by a single guy over in Asia, I think China. He does them by hand, so that explains why there's a delay. The guy doesn't have them pre-made by the time the order arrives. I'd actually give them credit for not sending the bad ones out and making him do new ones.
I'm aware of how it works, just pissed off that I was told the shipping difference would be refunded to me "if they catch it in time". Cut to six weeks later. The order finally gets partially shipped and they still charge me their inflated priority rates -- even after I placed two long distance phone calls and sent at least six messages requesting a follow-up. They even ignored me on Facebook. I am glad they are choosing to not send a shoddy product to customers (and just imagine how shoddy those replicas must have been for Full Moon to reject them), but the indefinite delay is just the icing on top of an already terrible experience. I haven't been this annoyed with a company since dealing with that Horror Movie Empire jerkoff.
Old 04-03-13, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree with you there. I got a little pissed with Ooga Booga. The DVD has a sticker on the wrapper that says there's a free digital copy and the insert says you can use the code to get a free digital copy of any movie at their grindhouse site. I use the code and then you find out that to them, digital copy = 3 day rental.

I still have some credit to burn up this year but I'm basically at the point where if I buy anything, it'll just be restored blu-rays of their old films. For whatever reason, those have been coming out great compared to the quality of other stuff. I'll also probably order them from Amazon too, since they sell the stuff there and shipping's cheaper. You can also usually get the stuff new from a marketplace seller and even after shipping, it's less than just the item from Full Moon.
Old 04-03-13, 07:13 PM

Nah, Full Moon is now on my shit list. I own all the films I want from them at this point anyway. The only way I'll give them any more support is if they finally get Ted Nicolau to direct Subspecies V and don't shoot it on a cheap digital camcorder.

Last edited by joe_b; 04-03-13 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-08-13, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltman
I received the DVD instead of the Blu-ray of Puppet Master X, I sent them a message once and was ignored, sent them another one received a reply on February 25 saying they would send the Blu-ray out 'today' but I still haven't received it...
I received an incorrect t-shirt. They did replace it and send me the correct one, and didn't even ask for the wrong one back. Perhaps my CS experience was lucky. That being said, with their shipping fiasco, I don't plan on ordering directly from them again unless they offer free shipping. I just wanted to use up my Evergreen GC. Now that it's wiped out, I'm done...