DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Black Friday ad

Old 11-10-12, 10:41 AM

Wal-Mart Black Friday ad

Found this. Also posted it in the WM bargains thread, but didn't want it to get overlooked...

http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/E...Walmart-121123
Old 11-10-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Wal-Mart Black Friday ad

Wal Mart movies at 8? Goodbye 3am!
Old 11-10-12, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm there, I see some stuff I want.

16GB SD card for $7.88. Sway.
Old 11-23-12, 12:33 AM

The Walmart in my area had almost every 25.00 game marked with a 10.00 sticker and the ones that werent on the display (Dishonored for me) all rang up with their original non black friday price. It was a mess I ended up getting Borderlands game of the year Edition and 007 Legends for 10.00 also nabbed a copy of L.A Noire
Old 11-23-12, 08:01 AM

With the exception of pages 38 - 39, the ad that I got from the above link was all kids stuff.
Old 11-23-12, 04:26 PM

Stopped by Walmart about 3 this afternoon on the off chance that two things from the ad might still be there. I was looking for Water For Elephants DVD for the wife and Rise of the Planet of the Apes on BluRay for myself. Didn't find either one, but ended up spending $50 on a lot of titles that I did not see in the ad. the haul:

$1.96 DVD
Crazy Heart
Date Night
Something Borrowed
Hot Tub Time Machine
Willie Wonka (the real one) 40th Anniversary

$4.96 DVD

We Bought A Zoo
Jack and Jill
Just Go With It
Change Up
Cowboys and Aliens
Machette
The Expendables
Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Saw at least 10 more I would have bought for $4.96 each but money is tight at the moment
Old 11-24-12, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was disappointed with the selection of blu-rays that I found at Walmart. However, they put out a pretty impressive variety of DVDs. After visiting two stores, these are the ones that I picked up:

$1.96

Bad Teacher
Bring It On: All or Nothing
Children of Men
Edge of Darkness
Harry Potter films (1-8)
Hot Tub Time Machine
Princess Bride
Scorpion King
Something Borrowed
Water for Elephants

$4.96

Colombiana
Contagion
Contraband
Cowboys & Aliens
Devil Inside
Dolphin Tale
Get the Gringo
Grey, The
Hanna
Iron Man (2-pack)
Iron Man 2
Joyful Noise
Killer Elite
Last Airbender
Lucky One
Machete
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Smurfs
Tower Heist
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
True Grit (2010)
We Bought a Zoo
Wrath of the Titans
Your Highness

$8.96

Hatfields & McCoys

$9.96

Sons of Anarchy: S1
Sons of Anarchy: S2
Sons of Anarchy: S3
True Blood: S4
Vampire Diaries: S3

For $1.96, I also saw several of the American Pie films (American Pie 2, Naked Mile, etc.). And at the $4.96 mark, I also remember seeing Just Go with It, A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, and Footloose (2011).

Last edited by E_v_i_l; 11-24-12 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-24-12, 05:49 AM

Hey EVIL, I saw and picked up quite a few of the same $4.96 titles. But Wal-Mart was my first stop only because it was the first one in the geographical order I was following. Then I stopped at Target and found Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Colombiana at $4.00 even. Then to Best Buy and found Get the Gringo at $3.99. So needless to say those that I mentioned that I got at WM will be returned once the craze dies down a little. Hey, 3 bucks is 3 bucks. I didn't get out to my first store until the early evening cause of work so I didn't find a lot of the $1.96 titles. Does anyone know if these prices are good today as well ? I'm hoping to hit up a few different ones today in the chance that I might find a stray title here and there that the first store was out of.
Old 11-24-12, 10:28 AM

Last night I went to a WM in a lower income part of town and found a bunch of stuff that sold out within minutes at my local WM. This was around midnight/1 AM. They had collected a bunch of the sale priced movies into shipping carts. The really good stuff (Like Rise POTA) was still missing, but some of the Harry Potter movies and 2 Fast 2 Furious were still there.

Also, check the regular BD/DVD section. I found that Princess Bride, Last of Mohicans, Batte Los Angeles, Anastasia (in the 7.88 dump bin) and Kingdom of Heaven all ring up at 3.96 as well (probably Poseidon Adv too since it was priced that online yesterday). In fact the only 3.96 movie that did not was Iron Man 1D.

What is the Iron Man (2-pack)?

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 11-24-12 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-24-12, 01:07 PM

Went to the Union City GA store around 8 last night...not that crowded, the only time to shop on black friday!
The $9.96 tv show dump had a lot of sets still, S3 and S4 of Bones, S4 of Burn Notice, I think almost all seasons of Supernatural, early seasons of The Big Bang Theory, I think 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy....
to me the big find was the $3.96 Blu-rays. Goldfinger, the Original Poseidon Adventure, 25th Ann of Princess Bride, Alien, Aliens, Fight Club, several of the Harry Potter films, that Harry Potter rip off(can't think of the name) curious to see if other wal marts have the same exact ones locally, or if they will have a few different titles..
Oh, may have been mentioned before, but I saw a tall thin dump with many Blu 3 film sets for $9. Lord of the Rings, Austin Powers, and a few others....Looks like I finally got a blu-ray player at just the right time!

EDIT, saw Vampire Diaries 2 seasons I think...
I forget, will wal mart change the prices on some of the "promo' dumps they have today, or keep them at the marked price till they sell out??

Last edited by berigan; 11-24-12 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
What is the Iron Man (2-pack)?
It's Iron Man 1 and the first episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures (41 min).

Old 11-26-12, 05:37 PM

Went back yesterday (Sunday) and found that some of the dumps had been restocked! Picked up a few more of the $4.96 titles. I'll have to take a break from buying for a while and watch some of these:

Tower Heist
Flika
Sherlock Holmes:A Game of Shadows
The Grey
The Killer Elite (Statham)
In Time
Wrath of the Titans
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Battle Los Angeles
Journey 2: Mysterious Island
Old 11-26-12, 06:06 PM

Went back yesterday, saw "Bad Teacher: Unrated" was curious - put it on the bar code reader, $1.98. Bought it; even if it's crap (which it probably is), two bucks won't hurt.
Old 11-27-12, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
Went back yesterday, saw "Bad Teacher: Unrated" was curious - put it on the bar code reader, $1.98. Bought it; even if it's crap (which it probably is), two bucks won't hurt.
That's one of two that got away from me this black friday. I hit a few Wal-Marts and found pretty much everything I wanted except that one. I guess I'll keep looking whenever I pass a different WM in hopes I'll find one left behind. My other elusive title was "Friends With Benefits" from Target for $4.
Old 11-27-12, 05:29 PM

There was a title I had in my hand and put down while looking for addition DVDs - then I lost it in the chaos. I want to say it was "Paul".