Amazon 6/12/12 DOTD - 24: The Complete Series $114.99

Old 06-12-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon 6/12/12 DOTD - 24: The Complete Series $114.99

http://www.amazon.com/24-Complete-Se...5B6EJG5XT77Z7S
Old 06-12-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Amazon 6/12/12 DOTD - 24: The Complete Series $114.99

I have a question about 24. I bought all the separate seasons and only made it to season 2 of the series before getting sidetracked on other stuff (as usual). I'm 100% clueless on anything about 24 beyond season 2 (on purpose to not spoil things) other than 24 has 8 seasons.

So, I was at a Blockbuster store closing yesterday and found a "24 Redemption DVD - # of 2" (can't remember if it was disc 1 or 2) in a sleeve for 49 cents. However, I passed on it because I didn't know what Redemption was. I just assumed it was either a recut into a movie of episodes from 1 of the later seasons or it was included in 1 of the season sets. From Google searching that doesn't appear to be the case. It appears that I'm missing 24 Redemption.

Question: Apart from this box set and for sale separately, is 24 Redemption included in any of the individual season sets? If not, has anyone seen any deals on it? I don't suppose this has ever shown up at Big Lots for $3?

I think I blew it by not grabbing it at Blockbuster for 49 cents. I wish I had known. They had 3 large tables of boxes of sleeve DVDs packed super tight, and I quickly gave up going through them. I read that there is a broadcast and extended disc (the extended one being better) of 24 Redemption. I guess I'll never know which one they had since I didn't pay attention and that store is 15 miles away and not worth the drive. It's one of the rare times (for me) having a $30 per month data plan would be nice.
Old 06-12-12, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Amazon 6/12/12 DOTD - 24: The Complete Series $114.99

24: Redemption was a feature-length movie between seasons 6 & 7.

I strongly doubt it's ever been included in any releases of the season sets. It's possible some stores had deals available at the time it was released if you bought it at the same time as another season, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've never seen it at Big Lots. Can't remember the best price I've seen. I purchased it early on through Columbia House, probably during a BOGO promotion in which you could get a free DVD and I added it as the freebie.