DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Three Stooges Ultimate Collection pre-order 44.99 on bestbuy.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-12, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Three Stooges Ultimate Collection pre-order 44.99 on bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by smurr05
My Buy.com order for $ 66.00+ shipped friday but got an RMA # to return it for a refund and ordered 1 @ BB for this great price and in-store pick-up this Tues! $20.00 Cheaper even with tax!!! Thanks OP!!!
Okay I guess the folks @ buy.com are a little screwed up! I recieved my order from them last week and sent it back for a refund with the RMA info they provided. Just now got another package in the mail from them and it was another 3 stooges Ult. set. Still only charged for 1!!! Will have to check into this but if it goes by without a charge I will have a set to sell cheaply to someone! ...To be continued...
Old 06-09-12, 03:42 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Just tried to order one and they said I had to order a minimum of $5.00...and shipping would be over $.4.00 bringing the minimum I would have to spend would be over $9.00 just to get 1 case that I need! Fu@*ing ridiculous IMO!!!...but thanks anyway-
Seems incredibly reasonable to me. You have to expect some limitations on tiny orders, especially for a smallish company.
Old 06-09-12, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine arrived from BB yesterday incredibly well packed. A slight ding on the box which must have been there from the start. I can live with it.

I suppose I could save myself the four dollars tax I spent, return this one to BB and buy it from Amazon but not sure it's worth the hassle.

As for the bonus features packaging, I'm going to put the discs in double sided sleeves and store them in the original case. Problem solved.
Old 06-09-12, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still waiting on my pre-order since I live in some sort of anti-mail part of the state. It started off in Washington, went down to southern California, then Arizona and now it's back in California. Based on where it's at now and how USPS typically operates, it'll then make it's way back up to Washington, Federal Way to be exact, before getting to southern Oregon.
Old 06-10-12, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I suppose I could save myself the four dollars tax I spent, return this one to BB and buy it from Amazon but not sure it's worth the hassle.
My dilemma too, especially as I have a bunch of Amazon credit. However, I think I'm not going to bother because I am getting tired (and probably BB too) of when I buy something at BB.com having Amazon or Target have it cheaper a week later and then returning it to BB. I've never had any return troubles at BB even though there is supposedly this unknown magical return limit, but $4 and change is probably not quite worth it. Soon Amazon will charge tax in every state and then I'll be saved from this struggle. Like I said earlier, too bad Amazon usually waits days or weeks after the fact to match prices (after I've already ordered from the other source) instead of doing it right away.
Old 06-10-12, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I've never had any return troubles at BB even though there is supposedly this unknown magical return limit
I returned two items in the past year to Best Buy and they said I only had one left. I think it's kind of weird they scan your driver's license when they take your return anyway.
Old 06-10-12, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly
I returned two items in the past year to Best Buy and they said I only had one left. I think it's kind of weird they scan your driver's license when they take your return anyway.
With or without receipts?
Old 06-10-12, 01:04 PM

Just tried to order one and they said I had to order a minimum of $5.00...and shipping would be over $.4.00 bringing the minimum I would have to spend would be over $9.00 just to get 1 case that I need! Fu@*ing ridiculous IMO!!!...but thanks anyway-
smurr05 try here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300638556463...84.m1439.l2649

$2.98 shipped to your door.
Old 06-10-12, 01:05 PM

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Does the UC contain the glasses needed to watch the two 3-D shorts in Volume 7? Just wondering, as my Volume 7 (bought singly, not in the UC) didn't come with glasses.
Old 06-10-12, 01:10 PM

Yes.
Old 06-10-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
With or without receipts?
With. I didn't think they'd ever accept returns without receipts. Best Buy has always had a very strict return policy.
Old 06-10-12, 01:32 PM

With. I didn't think they'd ever accept returns without receipts. Best Buy has always had a very strict return policy.
That's weird that they said you only had one left. I returned 6 items (out of maybe 20 items purchased, multiple receipts) all at once just the other day; and maybe 20 returns in the last year.

Maybe it works as a percentage of your purchases?

And they used to allow a few returns without receipts per year, gradually becoming more restrictive; but they still allow some YMMV, as I did one in January.

Last edited by Trevor; 06-10-12 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-10-12, 04:20 PM

After Christmas 2010 BB took a very limited number of items without receipt, but after Christmas 2011 they said no to any such returns. I know someone in a different state who said the same thing happened. The same thing also occurred with Fry's Electronics and Kmart. It's interesting that Trevor was able to do 1 such return at BB in January of this year, but as with everything BB-related it's a huge YMMV. AFAIK, all stores have stopped accepting any returns without receipt, except Target and Walmart (which only do it under strict dollar and time limits).

mcfly, it's bizarre that you were told at BB you only have 1 return left after 2 returns with receipt. In January after my BF, CM and Christmas deals buying spree, I returned over a dozen things to BB on different receipts (I saved up all of my returns from BF week through January and did it all at once). Between then and now I've returned a few more things. They never once said a word about a return limit. I only know about this mysterious limit because after I did this someone told me he had gotten limited. Then I asked a few BB employees about it, and they said they have no clue what causes it to happen. Once again it's YMMV at BB. It sounds like different people have different limits, so who knows what it's based on. I just mentioned it above because it's a factor I consider when I find a better price at Amazon for something I already bought at BB and deciding if it's worth returning.
Old 06-12-12, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
As I stated before, you can't go wrong for this set and at that price as a few stores have already sold out of them in my area as of this writing. I just hate to double-dip on this series just to9 get the Rare Treasures set. Hoping they release that individually soon.
Double-dipping does suck. But what I'd propose to do is buy the Ultimate Collection for $45 on Amazon.com, remove the shrink-wrapped DVD's from the box, replace them with your used volume 1-8 and keep that, as well as the Rare Treasures.

And with the shrink-wrapped volume 1-8 DVD's that came in the UC sell them on Ebay or Amazon's marketplace. Because you're selling shrink-wrapped DVD's you would more than likely be able to sell those and re-coup all your money from the UC purchase plus come out on top.
Old 06-12-12, 02:28 PM

Still on sale at Amazon and BB. I ordered one today. Thanks for the tip. nyuk, nyuk nyuk,. .owwww
Old 06-12-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JHBulls
Double-dipping does suck. But what I'd propose to do is buy the Ultimate Collection for $45 on Amazon.com, remove the shrink-wrapped DVD's from the box, replace them with your used volume 1-8 and keep that, as well as the Rare Treasures.

And with the shrink-wrapped volume 1-8 DVD's that came in the UC sell them on Ebay or Amazon's marketplace. Because you're selling shrink-wrapped DVD's you would more than likely be able to sell those and re-coup all your money from the UC purchase plus come out on top.
JHBulls,

You might be right. Thinking that with their announcement this isn't coming out separately and the price is somewhat decent in structure (saw it at Amazon and Best Buy's site still at 45 bucks), maybe that is the way to go. I'm a stubborn guy but would like to have that Rare Treasures DVD set. I bought all the individual volumes for a friend of mine who lives out of state though, and she's happy with what she got, but was looking forward to owning this. I'll think about what you said and figure out my next move pertaining to this set. That is a hell of a deal though.
Old 06-12-12, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dlbsyst
smurr05 try here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300638556463...84.m1439.l2649

$2.98 shipped to your door.
Many thanks for the info! Definately appreciate the help from a fellow DVDTalker-
Old 06-12-12, 10:34 PM

No problem.
Old 06-13-12, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you do a lot of price adjustments or exchanges? Those count as returns. I'm not sure what you mean by "one left" though. I hit their return limit on December 31, most likely due to price adjustments during the holiday season. They made me sign a form stating that I cannot make any more returns for 90 days (otherwise they wouldn't process the return I was trying to do at that moment.) Since April, I've been pricematching and returning again without issue. So it's only a 90 day ban.
Old 06-13-12, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mr Articulate
Still on sale at Amazon and BB. I ordered one today. Thanks for the tip. nyuk, nyuk nyuk,. .owwww
I broke down & ordered one from Best Buy for in store pickup despite having a huge backlog of unwatched titles.

I would have been a knucklehead NOT to get it at this price.
Old 06-13-12, 09:05 AM

I ordered this a few months ago from buy.com for $63.99. It just came in the mail last week so I called them yesterday and said I wanted to return it because it was $44.99 at Bestbuy and they gave me the $19 difference! Now I’m using that $$ towards another set at Best Buy for my brother in law for Xmas. Thank you DVDTalk for the heads up!
Old 06-13-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We all try to help one another on here get the best for their bucks and if it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have known either Amazon or Best Buy had it at this price. Thanks again!
Old 06-13-12, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Anne
I ordered this a few months ago from buy.com for $63.99. It just came in the mail last week so I called them yesterday and said I wanted to return it because it was $44.99 at Bestbuy and they gave me the $19 difference! Now I’m using that $$ towards another set at Best Buy for my brother in law for Xmas. Thank you DVDTalk for the heads up!
Thanks. I called and got $17 back (paid 61.99). Wouldn't have thought to do that w/o your post.
Old 06-14-12, 12:03 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I didn't know buy.com had a price match policy. That's pretty cool that they are refunding some of the money.
Old 06-14-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just got my set for $44.99 from Amazon yesterday. Looks to be a tremendous set, the box is certainly heavy enough.

Haven't opened it, since it's meant as a gift for a friend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.