DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Old 04-11-12, 11:34 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,394
Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Alphas: Season One
Exclusive store release $29.99

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Exclusive bonus content; Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack $19.99

- - -

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol $17.99

iMAX: Born To Be Wild $14.99

Frozen Planet $29.99

- - -

Bambi $14.99
Beauty And The Beast $14.99

- - -

American Dad: Volume 7 $24.99
Bob's Burgers: Season 1 $19.99
Jersey Shore: Season 1 $12.99
Jersey Shore: Season 2 $14.99
CSI: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
The Boondocks: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Eureka: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Friday Night Lights: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Children's Hospital: Seasons 1&2 $14.99
The Closer: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)



Not much of a selection. But I'm okay with it... this week. Saves my wallet. "Alphas", what's that?

Information from Annie Chu.

Last edited by JohnIan; 04-11-12 at 11:49 PM.
JohnIan is offline  
Old 04-12-12, 03:23 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Best Buy Ad for Movies
snausages is offline  
Old 04-12-12, 10:31 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 240
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
Alphas: Season One
Exclusive store release $29.99

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Exclusive bonus content; Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack $19.99

- - -

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol $17.99

iMAX: Born To Be Wild $14.99

Frozen Planet $29.99

- - -

Bambi $14.99
Beauty And The Beast $14.99

- - -

American Dad: Volume 7 $24.99
Bob's Burgers: Season 1 $19.99
Jersey Shore: Season 1 $12.99
Jersey Shore: Season 2 $14.99
CSI: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
The Boondocks: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Eureka: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Friday Night Lights: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Children's Hospital: Seasons 1&2 $14.99
The Closer: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)



Not much of a selection. But I'm okay with it... this week. Saves my wallet. "Alphas", what's that?

Information from Annie Chu.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it aired on Sy-Fy channel last year (summer?)
erlong is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 08:20 AM
  #4  
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 9,456
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Thanks John/snausages, looks like another hum-drum week at Worst Buy. -kd5-
kd5 is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 01:29 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: aTL ga
Posts: 427
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Thanks...I'm imagining the BB in Fayetteville GA won't have any sales since I got an email this AM that they are closing. It's a very busy store most of the time too...so if they are going to close stores like this one, they won't be around much longer...
berigan is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 05:27 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,909
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Don't know if it is a local Best Buy thing, but Best Buy has half seasons of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea for $9.99.
sracer is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 07:21 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: aTL ga
Posts: 427
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

thanks for that info sracer!
berigan is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 10:45 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 786
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Don't know if it is a local Best Buy thing, but Best Buy has half seasons of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea for $9.99.
Thanks for the info. Made a quick stop on the way home and they had them all grouped together. Looks like a $9.99 promotion that runs from 4/13/12 through 4/28/12.

The season titles they had on display included: Big Valley, Flipper, A-Team, Lost in Space, Remmington Steele, Charles in Charge, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Magnum PI, Superman:The Theatrical Serials Collection SKU# 8038241 and others that I don't remember. Please note some seasons are split in two parts (vol.1 and then vol.2).

It's definately an in-store promotion and probably on-line too.

Picked up the VTTBOTS sets that I needed and the Superman Theatrical Serials.

Thanks sracer for pointing this out!
DeepSleep is offline  
Old 04-15-12, 05:00 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,394
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Update...

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
* Exclusive bonus content; Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack $19.99 -> $22.99 after Tuesday

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol $16.99 -> $17.99 after Tuesday

- - -

Splash $4.99
Fried Green Tomatoes $4.99
The Great Outdoors $4.99
Zoolander $4.99
The Expendables $4.99
Happy Gilmore $4.99
What About Bob? $4.99

- - -

Abduction $12.99
Fast Five $12.99
Brides Maid: Unrated $12.99
Super 8 $12.99
Warrior $12.99
50/50 $12.99
Hugo $12.99

- - -

Life $29.99 (documentary, not former NBC series)
Planet Earth $39.99

- - -

Games



- - -

CDs

JohnIan is offline  
Old 04-15-12, 09:50 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,909
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Originally Posted by DeepSleep View Post
Thanks for the info. Made a quick stop on the way home and they had them all grouped together. Looks like a $9.99 promotion that runs from 4/13/12 through 4/28/12.

The season titles they had on display included: Big Valley, Flipper, A-Team, Lost in Space, Remmington Steele, Charles in Charge, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Magnum PI, Superman:The Theatrical Serials Collection SKU# 8038241 and others that I don't remember. Please note some seasons are split in two parts (vol.1 and then vol.2).

It's definately an in-store promotion and probably on-line too.

Picked up the VTTBOTS sets that I needed and the Superman Theatrical Serials.

Thanks sracer for pointing this out!
Happy to help! It took me 12 years to do it, but I finally made a helpful contribution to the forum.

I was excited to pick up the entire VTTBOTS series on that trip to Best Buy. I'm an Irwin Allen fan, and had put off buying it long enough. (I then went to Amazon to buy Time Tunnel ($32 for the series) and complete the IA quad-fecta)
sracer is offline  
Old 04-15-12, 10:38 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Originally Posted by DeepSleep View Post
The season titles they had on display included: Big Valley, Flipper, A-Team, Lost in Space, Remmington Steele, Charles in Charge, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Magnum PI, Superman:The Theatrical Serials Collection SKU# 8038241 and others that I don't remember. Please note some seasons are split in two parts (vol.1 and then vol.2).
Is this all seasons of each series or just certain seasons?
Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
Thanks John/snausages, looks like another hum-drum week at Worst Buy. -kd5-
Using that term is forbidden here! Oh wait, it's only forbidden if I use it. Never mind.
And hum-drum reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes: "if we've put a little joy into your miserable hum-drum lives, then it ain't all been in vain for nothing".
Manzana is offline  
Old 04-15-12, 01:54 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 786
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Is this all seasons of each series or just certain seasons?
Each season on sale had its' own shelf tag displaying the $9.99 price.

The following titles had the $9.99 shelf tag:

Big Valley S1
Big Valley S2 v1
Flipper S1
A-Team S5
Night Court S1
Night Court S2
Night Court S3
Lost in Space S2 v1
Lost in Space S2 v2
Lost in Space S3 v1
Lost in Space S3 v2
Remington Steele S1
Remington Steele S2
Remington Steele S3
Remington Steele S4 & S5 (combined together as one set)
Charles in Charge S1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S1 v1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S1 v2
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S2 v1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S2 v2
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S3 v1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S3 v2
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S4 v1
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S4 v2
Magnum PI S1
Magnum PI S2
Magnum PI S3
Magnum PI S4
Magnum PI S5
Magnum PI S6
Magnum PI S7
Magnum PI S8
Superman: The Theatrical Serials Collection SKU# 8038241

Most titles only had 2 or 3 copies. Magnum PI S8 had only 1 copy. I checked Bestbuy online and they all show as "not available" for in store pick-up even though they are in the store, (at least the store I was at). It could be that these titles are not normally stocked in-store and that they were brought in-store for this sale event, maybe a special promotion and they did not bother to update the website with the proper quantities of each title.

Since these titles had shelf tags and good through dates, April 13 to April 28, 2012 it does seem to be chainwide, but as always YMMV, especially now as Bestbuy seems to keep shrinking the physical media sections.
DeepSleep is offline  
Old 04-15-12, 11:42 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,394
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

Picked up "The Big Valley: Season 2, Vol. 1" and "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea: Season 3, Vol. 2". I still need season four (both parts), but the copy I saw was damaged.

Thanks for the info, Sracer.
JohnIan is offline  
Old 04-16-12, 10:06 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

DeepSleep, thanks for posting that complete list of TV seasons!
Manzana is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 03:35 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,209
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 15th - 21st, 2012)

FYI for John

RE: Alphas

It's a SyFy channel action/science fiction serial drama that aired last summer. It's pretty much like X-Men the series. The 2nd season airs this summer.

If you enjoyed the X-Men movies, it's a good watch.
DJariya is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.