DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

WB Sale At J&R

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-12, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: WB Sale At J&R

Originally Posted by rmw650
I'll check on it Glen and let you know what I find out.
Fixed. Haha.
Old 02-26-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Fixed. Haha.
Glen, sorry about the mis-spelling of your name. My bad and apologies to you.
Old 02-27-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
Glen, sorry about the mis-spelling of your name. My bad and apologies to you.
No worries, my friend. It happens all the time and I always say my parents weren't greedy in needing to have that extra N.
Old 02-27-12, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I'm not too happy with J&R. I placed 2 orders yesterday, breaking up my orders so that the OOS ones would not slow up my shipping. Now many of the ones in my "in stock" order are OOS as well. They canceled my Amadeus BD Book because they didn't want to BO it. I hope these ship. There are some ones I've been waiting a long time for a good deal. We'll see.
Did you pay using a card directly or through paypal? I'm just wondering if by doing it through paypal, which means you get charged when you place the order, gets you in a better position for them to back order the things.
Old 02-27-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Did you pay using a card directly or through paypal? I'm just wondering if by doing it through paypal, which means you get charged when you place the order, gets you in a better position for them to back order the things.
by credit card. Place a couple of more orders on Saturday for stuff I was in the fence about. They got the Bullwinkle sets in, so here's hoping.
Old 02-29-12, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did two orders, one for the out of stock stuff and one for the in-stock since they mentioned you should do that because your stuff gets shipped faster.

I'm still waiting on the things in-stock to get shipped by my out of stock items all just got shipped, minus Cabin in the Sky, which they cancelled and refunded me yesterday.
Old 02-29-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got my shipping notice for six of the seven titles I ordered. NINOTCHKA was canceled, which is interesting as that one never said OUT OF STOCK, but other ones in my order did.

Oh well, I'll have to check elsewhere for a deal on that. Slowly but surely I am nearing completion on the individual titles in the GARBO Signature Collection, which I believe remains the highest priced Signature Collection WB ever released.
Old 03-01-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New shipping notice and a few cancellations that weren't out of stock when I ordered.

Now I've lost:
Helter Skelter
Ninotchka
Blackboard Jungle
The Three Musketeers
Old 03-02-12, 02:31 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Got a cancellation notice for The Night of the Iguana and Helter Skelter. The single title that shipped was The Asphalt Jungle, which was the only one marked "Out of Stock" when I placed my order.
Old 03-02-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ordered 2 copies of The Picture of Dorian Gray and one shipped while one went backordered.
Old 03-03-12, 12:11 AM

I placed my order on the 24th and got an email notice that it shipped on the 1st. Maybe dealing with Amazon (and their larger Marketplace merchants) has made me soft, but I don't expect orders to take nearly a week to ship if the merchandise is all in stock. It supposedly was. That's not necessarily a complaint, just an observation: they seem a little pokey. If anybody remembers their Christmas sale on the Speed Racer cartoon set, the only reason I jumped on that was because they erroneously pictured the limited edition Mach 5 car packaging. I pointed out their mistake shortly after my set arrived. It took them forever to fix the picture, but they did fix it. On the other hand, I sometimes wait 3-4 weeks for media mail packages, but don't expect shipping to take so long in this case.

I bought The Big Sleep, The Portrait of Dorian Gray, and Time After Time. The Fountainhead was also originally in my cart, but that supposedly went Out of Stock somewhere between clicking Buy and entering my credit card. It's still listed for sale, so maybe they received more stock?
Old 03-03-12, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

J&R does not have a separate inventory per se for Internet orders, sometimes they will fulfill orders right out of the stock in their stores. That's why if an item is rare or hard-to-find, I wouldn't broadcast it being on sale from them.
Old 03-03-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
J&R does not have a separate inventory per se for Internet orders, sometimes they will fulfill orders right out of the stock in their stores. That's why if an item is rare or hard-to-find, I wouldn't broadcast it being on sale from them.
On the topic of rare and hard-to-find, no, I didn't see either of these at J&R, but was dismayed yesterday to learn that I missed the boat on both SCARAMOUCHE and THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY. They are each OOP and going for outrageous prices at Amazon. They flew under my radar until it was too late. Man do I hate when that happens!
Old 03-03-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY
Look at the Controversial Classics Collection, which includes Emily. http://www.amazon.com/Controversial-...0826265&sr=8-5

It's a much better deal than buying the one movie at amazon.
Old 03-04-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You're right, Peeps, but I already have every other title from that box set in my collection! Never saw a deal on EMILY, but obviously waited too long.
Old 03-04-12, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have just a disc if you wanted to work something out cheap.
Old 03-04-12, 06:06 PM

New shipping notice and a few cancellations that weren't out of stock when I ordered.

Now I've lost:
Helter Skelter
Ninotchka
Blackboard Jungle
The Three Musketeers

I actually got the Three Musketeers, but did receive a cancellation for Blackboard Jungle. 2 days into the sale I went thru the list and saw Helter Skelter and placed an order just for that. Even though it has not shipped, it has not been cancelled. Perhaps J&R software cannot do multiple shipments from the same order and they prefer just to cancel what can't be shipped. It may explain why they ask you to split the orders. Kinda strange, but my "OOS" order shipped completely before my "in stock" order. I did place the orders shortly after this thread started, but I know it was after your order was placed because your post #2 was already there.

Many of these titles are on eBay for 7.49 shipped or buy.com for around 7.79 shipped.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 03-04-12 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-04-12, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, it seems odd how they're doing it. I've seen most of the films I ordered already and didn't really plan on getting most of them in the first place, so I'm not that disappointed. I'll probably pickup Three Musketeers since it's not an insane OOP price yet.

Thanks for the tip on the price. Much better deal than amazon.
Old 03-04-12, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have just a disc if you wanted to work something out cheap.
Sent you a PM.
Old 03-05-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Many of these titles are on eBay for 7.49 shipped or buy.com for around 7.79 shipped.
Looks like it's also buy.com that's selling them on ebay for that price, or at least just for Three Musketeers.
Old 03-05-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow count THE ILLUSTRATED MAN as another OOP WB title that has gone up in price. I held out hope of finding it for $3 at Big Lots, but none of my stores ever got it in. Should have bit the bullet and paid a little more for it in the Marketplace at the time when Big Lots resellers were dumping them. Once again too effing late!
Old 03-07-12, 01:20 PM

Some of the same titles on sale at DD. Starting at 5.xx and up from there, but may find something you didn't get or something not at JR.com:

Mostly from this sale:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cf...riceAsc&page=1

and a few from this sale:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/Warner-Favorites
Old 03-22-12, 07:54 PM

2 days into the sale I went thru the list and saw Helter Skelter and placed an order just for that. Even though it has not shipped, it has not been cancelled.
They must've gotten some in because I received my order for 2 Helter Skelter's ... but they were both floaters. Emailed JR.com and they called me back, told me to keep the 2 I had and sent me replacements. Between Overstock and JR, I'm getting some great CS.

If any of you did not get something because it was OOS, you might check the website to see if it was restocked and email JR if it has. They might give you the item for the sale price. Though HS was still 4.99 when I checked last, so many of these may still be the same price anyway.
Old 03-22-12, 08:55 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Reordered both Helter Skelter and Night of the Iguana. Let's see if they get canceled this time...

BTW, did your copies of Helter Skelter come in snap cases like it says on the product page?

Last edited by joe_b; 03-22-12 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-22-12, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
^ Reordered both Helter Skelter and Night of the Iguana. Let's see if they get canceled this time...

BTW, did your copies of Helter Skelter come in snap cases like it says on the product page?
HS was in a keepcase.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.