Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

You won't know unless you try...best way is to call them if you want to speed up the process.
Old 12-22-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, sweet! They just emailed me a notice of an $11.00 credit to make for Citizen Kane, and I didn't call, email or otherwise contact them at all about it! Now if I could just as easily get RZ certificate too.....

.... However, we do want to make it up to you in one small way. Within the next few days, you will receive a Best Buy e-gift card for $11, the purchase price of the item that was ordered and subsequently cancelled by us. (You will receive this e-gift card in a separate email to this address.) The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store or on bestbuy.com.
Old 12-22-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Now their damn website is not allowing me to login. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 12-22-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

For those of us who are not "silver members", do we have to use this by the end of the year?
Old 12-22-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just called and they are going to apply a generous 250 points. I still feel a little left out after having spent 3,000 plus this year at Best Buy.
Old 12-22-11, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
For those of us who are not "silver members", do we have to use this by the end of the year?
I think as long as your points cash out as a certificate then you should have until the expiration on the certificate to use it.
Old 12-22-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
In my email where the $10 was issued the guy said I had 90 days to use it.
Old 12-23-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think it is bullshit that they would only give me 250 points.
Old 12-23-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I just saw this thread. I just messaged them. I spent near $3,000 dollars just a little over a month ago on a "60 inch Samsung LED tv, Panasonic blu ray player, furniture, etc.... setup & delivery, 4 year black tie, buy back & everything else. All those reward zone points should credit just after Christmas but another $10 would be even sweeter.
Old 12-24-11, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sent an email via the website. Got an email back saying that quantities were limited, and they were all out. BS. I'll be making a phone call tomorrow...
Old 12-24-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Right after I emailed I called. Got a $10 posted immediately by the friendliest BB CSR I've ever talked to. Now the problem, of course right after ALL of the summer blockbusters have been released & I've spent a ton over the last 3 months I see absolutely NOTHING I want for the next couple of months & I have $65 in reward zone certificates burning a hole in my pocket ($50 just posted from my home theater purchase the Wednesday before Black Friday). Wish some big blu ray box set would get announced & be released soon. Well, the $5 & $15 expire April 15th but the $50 goes until July 15th so I have a while.
Old 01-01-12, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I called twice. Both were nice CS reps: the first knew nothing about what I was referring to, but promised to look into it and get back to me (she never did). The second did know about it, but offered me nothing more than an apology.
I don't want apologies - I want that $10! It galls me that people who haven't set foot in a BB in ages get this, and a guy like me (who spends there on almost a weekly basis) can't get it!
Ok - rant over...
Old 01-01-12, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just called twice and got the $10 promo posted to both mine and my father's account. Painless.
Old 01-01-12, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I don't want apologies - I want that $10! It galls me that people who haven't set foot in a BB in ages get this, and a guy like me (who spends there on almost a weekly basis) can't get it!
Ok - rant over...
That's the point, to get them back into the store. They've already got you...
Old 01-01-12, 04:19 PM

i e-mailed them rather than call, and ended up with NOTHING. sad. probably should've called.

this was the response i got:

"Thank you for contacting Best
Buy about your Reward Zone account. I will be more than glad to assist you.
First, I would like to apologize for the delay in response, we have seen an
extremely high volume of emails,and would like to take a moment to congratulate you on your Premier Silver status! Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to send or re-send the holiday certificates due to that some of the promotional certificates are sent from a third party vendor. The holiday certificates were sent out random to customers, and we do not even know who all had received them.

I would like to let you know you have $15 in certificates and 204 points.
Did you know you can receive points for your purchases made with our program partners? All you have to do is access the partner site through the Reward Zone online mall. To do this, simply log in to your online account, click "Get Earning" at the top of the page, and select "Online Mall" from the drop down menu. This will take you to a page that explains the rules, and has a link to where you can browse all of our program partners, and all you have to do is click the link which will take you to their site. Please be sure that you do not navigate away from the partner site at any time. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us. We can be reached by phone at 1-866-797-7367 or by email at [email protected]."

blah. these weren't certificates from a "third party vendor" so that line just bothered me. and also, the little ad at the end telling me how many points i have (like i already didn't know that) and getting me to try and make purchases through rz partners. fantastic.

not a huge deal. would've been nice to get the extra $$, but oh well. slightly annoyed and the randomness of it all though. it seems like they're probably giving the extra $$ to those who aren't already sucked into being rz members and already using the program frequently. makes sense, but that's not right. should be all or nothing.
Old 01-01-12, 04:26 PM

I am a infrequent Best Buy shopper. I got the certificate the year before but not this time around. I sent a email and will see what happens. Will report back here what their response is.

Ever since their rewards program changed, I do less and less shopping with them. I just end up at target to get my 5% with the red card.
Old 01-01-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
That's the point, to get them back into the store. They've already got you...
I understand the philosophy, but when a good customer requests a promo that is sent to a poor customer, you'd think that BB would comply. Why run the risk of alienating a really good customer by not giving them some kind of reward for their loyalty --- especially if they find that others have been given one. One of the biggest mistakes AOL made was to put all their efforts in getting new customers instead of retaining the ones they had. Of course if the good customer is never informed of the promo, then that is another story.
Old 01-02-12, 10:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I complained to BB CS via email (took 8 emails or so) about a legitimate problem with my points, and I threw in a mention about not receiving the holiday cert. None of the email responses even dared to address not receiving a holiday cert. Finally the problem with my points was addressed by giving me 500 points for giving me the run around about my legit problem, so I figure that makes up for my real problem of a point miscalculation, as well as not receiving the holiday cert.

The problem now?

The 500 points haven't posted to my account and its been a week since I received that email.
Old 01-03-12, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I had a bad problem with Best Buy and one of their "customer service" representatives promised to mail me a $5 gift card for my troubles. That was three weeks ago and I've received nothing. It's pretty obvious Best Buy is treading down the same path Circuit City took into bankruptcy.
Old 01-07-12, 03:01 PM

kodave: Don't expect the points to show. If they don't show in 48-72 hours, they won't. A year ago I had a legit complaint and was told I would get a certificate for my troubles, the points never posted. I emailed again and they said they would post them again for me. Never happened. I just gave up.

Update on my Holiday Certificate: Another email response that said they would get back to me on January 12th. LOL
Old 01-07-12, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mytvobsession
kodave: Don't expect the points to show. If they don't show in 48-72 hours, they won't. A year ago I had a legit complaint and was told I would get a certificate for my troubles, the points never posted. I emailed again and they said they would post them again for me. Never happened. I just gave up.

Update on my Holiday Certificate: Another email response that said they would get back to me on January 12th. LOL
Why not on the 11th or 13th?
Old 01-07-12, 05:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mytvobsession

After a week I emailed them again asking where the points were. A day or two later I got a reply saying (paraphrasing) "What are you talking about, the points are right there!"

Sure enough the points were magically posted after that follow up email.

I'm guessing the dude forgot to post them to my account, or maybe their policy is to say they're giving you points, then only follow up on the points if you email again. Who knows.
Old 01-10-12, 12:34 PM

dsa_shea - No idea. I had a little laugh. They have replied to me twice now and never answered my question. Telling me they are behind and another telling me specifically what date my response will come. How they know that if they are behind, I have no idea.

kodave - Glad it worked out for someone at least!
Old 01-10-12, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I think in my experience BB has been the #1 offender for not honoring prices also; be it web site or telephone quotes.