DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts
Re: $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

Originally Posted by erlong
the standard Rewards Member, where they take away my points at the end of the year if I don't spend the $250 for the certificate!
Ooh, I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-08-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't take mine away until February, so I think it goes by the date your membership started or something other than the calendar year.
Old 12-08-11, 04:48 PM
Cool New Member

I haven't bought anything at Best Buy since April. I got a $10 gift cert in the mail a little while ago and was planning to use it this weekend. I just checked my Reward Zone account (which I haven't checked in forever, since I hadn't bought anything) and there's a $10 reward there.

Any way to know (besides trying) if they're the same reward, or if I can use both?
Old 12-08-11, 04:56 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 254 Posts

I didn't spend enough at BB this year to worry about losing RZ points at the end of the year, I think I have about 9 points or somesuch. Anyway, I didn't get any kind of Happy Holidays certificate in my email...

Dammit... -kd5-
Old 12-08-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I am a member, but since they stopped snail mailing this stuff i rarely get it. i honestly don't know my act # (lost the rewards card, I was just giving them my phone #& now they've combined the rewards card with the bb credit card so i use that). or how to log in.

Someday, someone is going to invent a way to put data for many stores on 1 card & that person will get rich. i must have over 10 of those bloody rewards & club cards in my wallet, & I don't like them. I can imagine how many some people must have.
Old 12-08-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpolz
I haven't bought anything at Best Buy since April. I got a $10 gift cert in the mail a little while ago and was planning to use it this weekend. I just checked my Reward Zone account (which I haven't checked in forever, since I hadn't bought anything) and there's a $10 reward there.

Any way to know (besides trying) if they're the same reward, or if I can use both?
They don't send them in the mail, so it's probably different. That being said, if you use the one from the mail and it's the same, it'll disappear from the site.
Old 12-08-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 453 Likes on 311 Posts

RZ certs have unique, one-time-use codes in the UPC bar code.
Old 12-08-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I figured out how to get in. Apparently no $10 cert for me.
Old 12-09-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got an email with my $10RC!
Old 12-09-11, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Noticed a $10 certificate in my rewardszone account a few days ago and sensed it was for the same mismanaged "promotion" from last year. Last December, I received a $5 certificate after calling to ask why I hadn't received one. I then became a rewardszone silver member earlier this year, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 12-09-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't gotten one, and I barely shopped there all year. So I doubt they're only sending them to people who haven't been to the store in a while.
Old 12-09-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not Silver, that may be the issue also.
Old 12-09-11, 03:18 PM

Wow--amazingly polite CS. She said computer pre-selects who gets the certificates. Before I could even say anything, she offered to add a certificate to my account for my holiday shopping. I think this whole idea of randomly giving out certificates is annoying--reward everyone or no one!
Old 12-09-11, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by erlong
they'll bump me back down to the standard Rewards Member, where they take away my points at the end of the year if I don't spend the $250 for the certificate!
What is this about taking away points? I thought points didn't expire--only once they are converted into RZ certificates do they have an expiration date.
Old 12-09-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle
What is this about taking away points? I thought points didn't expire--only once they are converted into RZ certificates do they have an expiration date.
They changed that last year. Unless you use the BB credit card or are a Silver Reward Member, points expire at the end of the year. If you have 249, tough shit, you get dick and your balance resets to 0.

Here's the DVDtalk thread about it.
Old 12-09-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Which BB CC? Regular or MC?
Old 12-09-11, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
They changed that last year. Unless you use the BB credit card or are a Silver Reward Member, points expire at the end of the year. If you have 249, tough shit, you get dick and your balance resets to 0.

Here's the DVDtalk thread about it.
Thanks--terrible policy--good to know! I have the credit card which is probably why I never noticed last year.
Old 12-09-11, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
Which BB CC? Regular or MC?
Looks like either:
At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members) will be issued as reward certificates down to the $5 level, and any remaining points will be forfeited
Old 12-10-11, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hmmm. I just realized I may be spared losing my excess points under 250 this year because I'm supposed to have RZ silver until the end of February. Does anyone know if you make it through the end of the year without losing your points, are you safe until the end of the next year or will they take away those points when your RZ silver expires?
Old 12-10-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members
I have the RZ CC which was just a basic CC before.. so "maybe" I am safe from losing my points...

Also, I am a Premier Silver until February ... also wonder "if" I lose the points after that time..

So confusing...
Old 12-10-11, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

per the actual thread topic.. I used the mystery certificate on 12/8.. then on 12/9 I actually got the email telling me I had the certificate.. at first I thought maybe I had another one (5+5=10).... but alas.. the message was late to the party..
Old 12-15-11, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
Wow--amazingly polite CS. She said computer pre-selects who gets the certificates. Before I could even say anything, she offered to add a certificate to my account for my holiday shopping. I think this whole idea of randomly giving out certificates is annoying--reward everyone or no one!
Lucky! I sent an email and just got a message back saying sorry, the number of certificates was limited and are all gone. While I don't feel I deserve any special treatment, it would be nice if everyone would be treated the same. Random rewards just tick off the people that don't get them. Oh well.
Old 12-15-11, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
Lucky! I sent an email and just got a message back saying sorry, the number of certificates was limited and are all gone. While I don't feel I deserve any special treatment, it would be nice if everyone would be treated the same. Random rewards just tick off the people that don't get them. Oh well.
I never got any response from my email, so that's why I called.
Old 12-15-11, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
They don't send them in the mail, so it's probably different. That being said, if you use the one from the mail and it's the same, it'll disappear from the site.
Originally Posted by Todd B.
RZ certs have unique, one-time-use codes in the UPC bar code.
I had one in my account, which I used to buy Harry Potter 7 part 2 on release date. Then a few weeks later I got one in the mail, which I tried to use the other day to buy Kung Fu Panda 2, but the cashier said it scanned as already redeemed. So it looks to me at least that they are the same reward.
Old 12-15-11, 02:07 PM
Cool New Member

I called a few minutes ago just to see if I could get it for being a Reward Zone member and to my surprise the lady told me everyone who is a Reward Zone member will be getting the 10$ certificate within the next week because they had computer problems with sending them out initially. She also said that if I don't get it within the next week to call and they will add it manually.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.