Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices (November 13th - 19th, 2011)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Media Prices (November 13th - 19th, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,711 Likes on 2,667 Posts
Re: Target Media Prices (November 13th - 19th, 2011)

I currently have 2 coupons from buying Body of Proof and Army Wives a few months ago. I got Body of Proof for $10 after a coupon I got from buying Grey's Anatomy when it originally came out.

Now I'm actually a little upset that I could have used that $10 off coupon to get Body of Proof for free.

Going to head over to Target right now.
Old 11-13-11, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
I currently have 2 coupons from buying Body of Proof and Army Wives a few months ago. I got Body of Proof for $10 after a coupon I got from buying Grey's Anatomy when it originally came out.

Now I'm actually a little upset that I could have used that $10 off coupon to get Body of Proof for free.

Going to head over to Target right now.

If it's less than 90 days ago, but the set with the coupon and return it with the old receipt.
Old 11-13-11, 03:50 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 254 Posts

After visiting Target earlier today, I was not particularly impressed (yet again) with their sale this week.

I wonder if anyone will have Deathly Hallows, Part 2 on a Black Friday sale? -kd5-
Old 11-13-11, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got back from Target. Came away with an excellent haul on the ABC shows that I watch.

Came in with 2 $10 off coupons as mentioned in my previous post. Had to make a few trips in and out to accomplish this.

1st trip:

Off the Map $9.99
Private Practice season 4 $14.99

Minus $20 in coupons

Total= $4.98+ tax= $7.17

Went to the car and opened them up and got 2 more coupons, so I went back in again.

2nd trip

Castle season 3 $19.99
Cougar Town season 2 $14.99

Minus $20 in coupons

Total= $14.98+ tax= $18.04

Went back to the car and opened them up again, low and behold, got 2 more coupons. So back in 1 more time.

Final trip

Brothers and Sisters Final season $19.99
Desperate Housewives season 7 $19.99

Minus $20 in coupons

Total= $19.98+ tax= $23.48

Spent a grand total of $48.69 for 6 ABC TV on DVD sets that I needed.

According to my receipts, I saved $163 with the coupons and sale price.

And I got 2 more coupons from my final trip.

For those who want to know which sets have the coupon, it's the ones that have a sticker that says:

"Save Up to $25 on Other Hit Shows and Merchandise"

Good luck to anyone who wants to stock up on these.
Old 11-13-11, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And I got 2 more coupons from my final trip.
Hey, I'll take Off the Map & Body of Proof for Christmas presents and you can keep the coupons that come in the next copies. Anyway, good deal you.
Old 11-13-11, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ Djariya

By chance, did the Desperate Housewives s7 you picked up have the same sticker? Went to best buy and target and couldn't seem to find a version of this with that sticker....same sticker was on a lot of other things on sale though. Thanks.
Old 11-13-11, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by sensui
@ Djariya

By chance, did the Desperate Housewives s7 you picked up have the same sticker? Went to best buy and target and couldn't seem to find a version of this with that sticker....same sticker was on a lot of other things on sale though. Thanks.
Yes it had the sticker. Just to let you all know when I picked up Cougar Town, it did not have the sticker, but had the coupon.
Old 11-13-11, 10:15 PM

Yes it had the sticker. Just to let you all know when I picked up Cougar Town, it did not have the sticker, but had the coupon.
Thanks for that! Guess the search is on and if I can't find it, will just bite the bullet and spin the roulette to see if I can get that coupon.
Old 11-13-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Thought I would also mention that when I picked up Castle and opened it the case was broken in several parts. It did have a sticker and a coupon. But I went back in to swap it out for a new one since the case was all smashed up. The other Castle I got had no sticker and no coupon.
Old 11-14-11, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does anyone have a complete list (besides the titles posted already) which ABC Studios sets might have the $10 off coupons?

I searched through my list of ABC Studios TV sets and have the following (all unopened except Lost S1): Alias series, Castle S1, and Lost series (BD). I assume they're all too old to have the coupon? I don't feel like opening them until I'm ready to watch them unless I know they have the coupon. It's probably not a big deal because I've never seen a single episodes of any of these series mentioned here which makes it easy to pass on them because I don't know what I'm missing (sometimes ignorance is bliss... but usually not). Well, slight correction, actually of all the series mentioned in this thread I have seen a couple episodes of Two and a Half Men. The rest I haven't even seen 1 second.
Old 11-14-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Manzana
Does anyone have a complete list (besides the titles posted already) which ABC Studios sets might have the $10 off coupons?

I searched through my list of ABC Studios TV sets and have the following (all unopened except Lost S1): Alias series, Castle S1, and Lost series (BD). I assume they're all too old to have the coupon? I don't feel like opening them until I'm ready to watch them unless I know they have the coupon. It's probably not a big deal because I've never seen a single episodes of any of these series mentioned here which makes it easy to pass on them because I don't know what I'm missing (sometimes ignorance is bliss... but usually not). Well, slight correction, actually of all the series mentioned in this thread I have seen a couple episodes of Two and a Half Men. The rest I haven't even seen 1 second.
The coupon is for a select ABC shows/season sets from last season. Here is the list from the Coupon:

Off The Map: The Complete Series
Brothers and Sisters: The Final Season
Cougar Town: season 2
Desperate Housewives: season 7
Grey's Anatomy: season 7
Private Practice: season 4
Castle: season 3
Body of Proof: season 1

None of the other items you mentioned are relevant since they are way too old.

It expires December 31, 2011. Not counting Off the Map and Body of Proof, IMO it's pointless to buy any of these shows unless your a fan or have previous seasons in your collection.
Old 11-15-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

None of the other items you mentioned are relevant since they are way too old.
Thanks for the info. At least now that I know I'm coupon-less I can safely stop wondering if I should purchase any of these now.
Old 11-15-11, 03:31 PM

I bought Castle S3 at Target yesterday. It had a $10 coupon inside.

I then went back today and got Body of Proof for free (since it was $9.99 - $10 coupon).

Pretty sweet deal. The cashier was very impressed and asked where I got the coupon.