Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Yogi Bear Show Complete Series Amazon 13.99

Just ordered - thanks OP!
Old 03-15-11, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh... the dilemma of wanting to buy this because I was never able to find it (or trade for it) when some Big Lots stores (but not mine) had this for $3 in July 2009 vs. having to pay $11 more now.

I managed to get the Huckleberry Hound set for $3 at Big Lots. My understanding is that if you own the Huckleberry Hound set and the Yogi set, you will have all of the Yogi Bear shorts (the old Saturday morning stuff), but not the movies or specials, right?
Old 03-15-11, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
My understanding is that if you own the Huckleberry Hound set and the Yogi set, you will have all of the Yogi Bear shorts (the old Saturday morning stuff), but not the movies or specials, right?
Huckleberry Hound set is only Volume 1. I believe there is still more that needs to be released.
Old 03-15-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts

Oh... the dilemma of wanting to buy this because I was never able to find it (or trade for it) when some Big Lots stores (but not mine) had this for $3 in July 2009 vs. having to pay $11 more now.
I certainly don't have the time to wade through the massive pile of Big Lots posts that hit this forum during that time frame, but I don't think the Yogi Bear set was ever spotted. I did a ton of buying/trading during that time and visited at least 2 dozen stores (travel quite a bit due to work) and I never saw it. My recollection, though I'll admit I could be wrong, was that many people posted it on their "wants" list when the HB sets were out there, but it wasn't something people were actually finding.
Old 03-15-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Cardsfan, but wouldn't bet on my fickle memory. I remember people finding MAGILLA GORILLA at Big Lots, but not YOGI.

I loved these when I was a kid, but could barely make it through the HUCK set and that included my faves, Mr. Jinks and Pixie and Dixie. The completest in me wants to have it, but what good is it just sitting on a shelf?
Old 03-15-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 View Post
I certainly don't have the time to wade through the massive pile of Big Lots posts that hit this forum during that time frame, but I don't think the Yogi Bear set was ever spotted. I did a ton of buying/trading during that time and visited at least 2 dozen stores (travel quite a bit due to work) and I never saw it. My recollection, though I'll admit I could be wrong, was that many people posted it on their "wants" list when the HB sets were out there, but it wasn't something people were actually finding.
I could confirm from memory it wasn't ever spotted either
Old 03-15-11, 09:51 PM

At least one person stated that they found Yogi at Big Lots: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9596095-post250.html

I didn't go through all the posts but just used google. Most of the hits on google were just people stating that they did not find it or asking for it.
Old 03-16-11, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the info on Yogi at BL. Like I said, I never saw it at BL, but it was brought up enough times in those threads that I assumed people were finding it at BL and made a note that the Yogi set was $3 back in July 2009. I didn't know that maybe only 1 person got it. That makes it a little easier to pay more knowing it was never really $3.

I'm a bit bummed that this complete Yogi set isn't all of the Yogis but just the complete run of "the old series". I actually still don't know the history of Yogi and which ones are missing. I just know that I liked to watch the cartoons when I was young. I didn't know Huckleberry Hound V1 only had some of the remaining Yogis, so we're missing another set? Given the state of things now I'm a bit doubtful Warner would produce a 2nd Yogi set when they were either blowing them out via Big Lots or possibly trying to destroy overstock of the old HB sets.
Old 03-16-11, 10:01 PM
Cool New Member

Yogi began as a supporting segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show (along with Pixie & Dixie). These can be found on Huckleberry Season 1. He became such a major star, that Hanna-Barbera spun him off onto his own show midway through Huckleberry's run. He was replaced with a new character on Huck's show named Hokey Wolf. As a result, there are still a handful of Yogis that remain unreleased until WB releases a second volume of Huckleberry Hound.
Old 03-17-11, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho View Post
I agree with Cardsfan, but wouldn't bet on my fickle memory. I remember people finding MAGILLA GORILLA at Big Lots, but not YOGI.

I loved these when I was a kid, but could barely make it through the HUCK set and that included my faves, Mr. Jinks and Pixie and Dixie. The completest in me wants to have it, but what good is it just sitting on a shelf?
I don't believe I ever remembering seeing Yogi Bear Show at the Big Lots as part of that sale they had in the past. Other shows were found but not this one though. Spotted in Round Lake Beach, IL tonight were Fear factor S1, Andy Milonakis Show S1, Woody Woodpecker V2 and Sarah Silverman Show V1 and Girlfriends S2
Old 03-17-11, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by dvd_daffy View Post
Yogi began as a supporting segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show (along with Pixie & Dixie). These can be found on Huckleberry Season 1. He became such a major star, that Hanna-Barbera spun him off onto his own show midway through Huckleberry's run. He was replaced with a new character on Huck's show named Hokey Wolf. As a result, there are still a handful of Yogis that remain unreleased until WB releases a second volume of Huckleberry Hound.
Thanks. Let me make sure I understood this. The existing Huckleberry Hound S1 contains all of Yogi's 1st season on the HH Show. The existing Yogi Bear set contains all of Yogi's spinoff show. So all we're missing of Yogi is half a season from S2 of the HH Show?
Old 03-18-11, 02:56 PM

well sadly I waited one day to long to order this as its gone up to 40 bucks now. I should know by now not to wait with amazon. sigh. hopefully I will find it that cheap again soon.

correction: Following the op's link I noticed it was a yogi set sold by marketplace seller and fulfilled by amazon. Checking closer amazon itself still has it for 13.99, its just a 9-12 day wait. So I did get to place my order.

Last edited by NeilJ; 03-18-11 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-18-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NeilJ View Post
well sadly I waited one day to long to order this as its gone up to 40 bucks now. I should know by now not to wait with amazon. sigh. hopefully I will find it that cheap again soon.
It's still listed for 13.99 in the marketplace listing. I just added it to my cart and it shows the 13.99 price.
Old 03-18-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back at $13.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOEMUA
Old 03-18-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 243 Posts

$11.99 right now at Costco. They had a dozen copies scattered among other HB sets, like Hong Kong Phooey.
Old 03-19-11, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 113 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks. Let me make sure I understood this. The existing Huckleberry Hound S1 contains all of Yogi's 1st season on the HH Show. The existing Yogi Bear set contains all of Yogi's spinoff show. So all we're missing of Yogi is half a season from S2 of the HH Show?
As best as I've been able to determine there was 1 Yogi short which aired on HH and was repeated on TYBS ("Oinks and Boinks" - the last episode of S2). There were only 14 episodes of HH in S2. 13 of those episodes had a Yogi short that didn't air on TYBS.

Show Biz Bear - 1959·Sep·14
Lullabye-Bye Bear -1959·Sep·21
Bare Face Bear - 1959·Sep·28
Papa Yogi - 1959·Oct·26
Stranger Ranger - 1959·Nov·02
Rah Rah Bear - 1959·Nov·23
Bear For Punishment - 1959·Nov·30
Nowhere Bear - 1959·Dec·21
Wound-Up Bear - 1959·Dec·28
Bewitched Bear - 1960·Jan·18
Hoodwinked Bear - 1960·Jan·25
Snow White Bear - 1960·Feb·15
Space Bear - 1960·Feb·22

So, get "The Huckleberry Hound Show" V1 and "The Yogi Bear Show" Complete Series and you have all the Yogi shorts except for these 13.

If anyone has better/corrected information, please share!

My only complaint with the set is the original open/close and interstitials are not on every "episode".

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-19-11 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-19-11, 02:00 PM

BobO'Link, thanks for the helpful info and saving me from doing that research. :-)
Old 03-19-11, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
$11.99 right now at Costco. They had a dozen copies scattered among other HB sets, like Hong Kong Phooey.
Can non-members shop there too and then pick up a card or do you need a card to shop there? I know Sam's Club allows a one-day pass and non-members have to pay 10% extra on wht they buy. But, how does Costco go about this process? I like these deals on the HB sets.
Old 03-19-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
Can non-members shop there too and then pick up a card or do you need a card to shop there? I know Sam's Club allows a one-day pass and non-members have to pay 10% extra on wht they buy. But, how does Costco go about this process? I like these deals on the HB sets.
In the year and a half I've been a member I haven't seen any offers for non members. But that doesn't mean they haven't done it.
Old 03-20-11, 01:48 PM

I haven't bought anything at Costco for a long time, and I'm currently boycotting them, but AFAIK Costco does not allow anyone to buy anything unless you're an active member. Sam's Club offers non-member purchase passes quite frequently (only a 10% penalty to buy), but Costco never has, IIRC. That's because I'm a Sam's Club member and not a Costco member. Now if I were a Costco member and not Sam's Club (which will probably never happen), then it would be reversed and Costco would give out passes for non-members all the time.
Old 03-20-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the info guys. Just wasn't sure about how Costco went about this process, but now I know.
Old 03-22-11, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I see it black & white and feel it should either be you need to be a member or not. Charging a small percent to non-members sort of negates the point of being a member. It's $50 a year and it easily pays for itself. I used to belong to Sam's, but I love Costco so much more. It's a great place to shop. My wife and I did shopping there last Sunday and got great deals on spices and canned goods. I also picked up the Yogi Bear set, the new blu-ray of Memento and an Andy Griffith Show set. I was also able to return a blu-ray player a year later for a full refund. Unfortunately, it does look like they're cutting back on DVDs and Blu's.
Old 04-11-11, 01:55 PM

Saw this for 12.88 at our local Sam's Club so this may be a new price point (?). I would like to see them lower the prices of some of the other HB sets....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.