Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Hamilton Books

GW, Any new VCI or Timeless deals?
Old 05-28-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
What exactly does it mean if an item in my cart says "This item may not be available for immediate shipment."
It means we are under a certain (low) inventory level...it can mean the title is actually out of stock and on order with the vendor as well. It is much more the former than the latter though.
Old 05-28-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
GW, Any new VCI or Timeless deals?
Sadly no....my VCI access is really sporadic.

I've gotten more Timeless here and there lately as my connection there is good but it is not the primo Timeless stuff most look for....no cool vintage Westerns, but lots of their single movies and the Red Skelton single discs that are also in box sets (not that there's anything wrong with Red Skelton!).
Old 05-30-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe how enthusiastic people are getting about the DeepDiscount sale this year. Any label that gets brought up (Olive, Kino, Shout Factory etc) I can think of at least a few catalog titles cheaper at HB.
Old 06-02-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
I can't believe how enthusiastic people are getting about the DeepDiscount sale this year. Any label that gets brought up (Olive, Kino, Shout Factory etc) I can think of at least a few catalog titles cheaper at HB.
Sales have a very powerful psychological effect and the DD one has history, even though I don't think it is anything like it used to be.
Old 06-02-14, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Sales have a very powerful psychological effect
So do Price Cuts.

Btw, Scorpion posted on FB:
Scorpion Releasing has signed with Kino/Lorber to distribute all upcoming titles, as well as select past catalog titles, through retail outlets as well as in their catalog and on their web sites, including limited editon BluRays.
So maybe you'll get to carry them after all. Kino seems to be becoming an umbrella label. They already distribute Redemption, Tartan/Palisades & Raro.
Old 06-03-14, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So do Price Cuts.

Btw, Scorpion posted on FB:

So maybe you'll get to carry them after all. Kino seems to be becoming an umbrella label. They already distribute Redemption, Tartan/Palisades & Raro.
Ah ha! I should point out we recently made a change...price cuts are going to appear in our Clearance catalog (which we are bringing back) only from now on. If you've bought a pricecut in the past 3-6 months, there is a good chance you will get that catalog in your mailbox soon.

Very glad to see that Kino got Scorpion--that's my optimal solution to new accounts...they get in with someone I already deal with, and save me all the trouble! As soon as they start listing with Kino, I will start ordering it.
Old 06-19-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The good (well, best available!) DVD version of the original Star Wars we discussed is up guys. I settled on $19.95, I think that is an ok price.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/star-wars-a-new-hope
Old 07-05-14, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I was slow to pick up Assault Jack The Ripper. Gone from the store now
Old 07-07-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I was slow to pick up Assault Jack The Ripper. Gone from the store now
Sorry asian, not coming back either! What a dog that one was for us.
Old 07-09-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Sorry asian, not coming back either! What a dog that one was for us.
Did it not sell very well?
Old 07-14-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Did it not sell very well?
AWFUL! Only 62 copies sold in like a year and a half. Multiple pricecuts from 18 to 15 to 13 to 10 finally got rid of it.

We do pretty bad with Asian stuff in general...it kind of has to have a Synapse type title (that is, trashy or sexual on it's face, "Nympho Diver", etc) to get attention.

Wish we had more foreign fans. I keep stuff like the Shaw Brothers movies around solely because I enjoy the genre.
Old 07-14-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I was just looking over the newly arrived stuff and found another Charlie Chan bargain.

The recently released "Charlie Chan - International Investigator" set which has 18 discs and *most* of the films in the earlier, more bulky, Anthology sets. From what I read at Amazon it's missing several of the films from the 5th Anthology set but is *still* a bargain for obtaining the films in the first 4 of those sets. Hamilton also has it for $10 less than a Amazon MP vendor even after adding shipping! It almost makes me wish I didn't already own those! That's because it's in one of those cardboard page affairs of which I'm not too fond. BUT the tradeoff is a much smaller footprint on your shelf.

They still have the TCM Charlie Chan Spotlight collection for ~$10 - a great price!

*AND* the 5 film Charlie Chan "Limited Series" release for ~$10. That one is some of the later Monogram films and less than purchasing them individually (although it *is* missing the OOP "Meeting at Midnight"). Both those sets are less than Amazon even after adding shipping.

And another for classic adventure fans:

The Tyrone Power Collection is ~$11 under Amazon's price and a buck less than I paid for a "Like New" used copy a couple of months back! It has 5 very good action/adventure films from Power.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 07-14-14 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Received all of these today from the May 2014 catalog - prices are still the same at $3.95 per title and $11 less than buying the boxed set:

THE KRZYSZTOF KIESLOWSKI COLLECTION
A short film about Killing: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/a-short-film-about-killing
A short film about love: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/a-short-...tof-kieslowski
Camera Buff: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/camera-buff
The Scar: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-scar_3
No End: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/no-end
Blind Chance: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/blind-chance

The boxed set which is about $11 more compared to buying each:
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-krzy...ski-collection

Also this one is only $3.95 too:
Island of Love: http://www.hamiltonbook.com/goto-island-of-love

Every title is like MUCH MUCH more on Amazon.
Old 07-15-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I was just looking over the newly arrived stuff and found another Charlie Chan bargain.

The recently released "Charlie Chan - International Investigator" set which has 18 discs and *most* of the films in the earlier, more bulky, Anthology sets. From what I read at Amazon it's missing several of the films from the 5th Anthology set but is *still* a bargain for obtaining the films in the first 4 of those sets. Hamilton also has it for $10 less than a Amazon MP vendor even after adding shipping! It almost makes me wish I didn't already own those! That's because it's in one of those cardboard page affairs of which I'm not too fond. BUT the tradeoff is a much smaller footprint on your shelf.
Thanks for the bump on that first Chan set Bob....I was very happy to get it, got a good amount and my customer is gonna go nuts for it I think. We sell Charlie extremely well. I would have mentioned it here but when I checked it last week was $10 CHEAPER on amazon!

We also have the exclusive (for now) Countess Dracula DVD. Even I'd say it's overpriced, which is one reason why I won't be bothering to get exclusives any more! It just doesn't fit our model. (Oh and for you thread readers--I'm probably going to have to blow Hands of the Ripper out in a few months...on the off chance you want it don't buy it now at $9.95. Wait a few months and it will be $5.95.) My gigantic soft spot for Hammer Horror does NOT=sales sadly.

BTW...only 74 copies left of the good Star Wars left. At least 3/4 of the 500+ sold went to people buying more than one copy! Snag one on the website if you want it because I bet most of these are getting flipped on Amazon or something for more than 20$.

Last edited by GoldenWheels; 07-15-14 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-15-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Thanks for the bump on that first Chan set Bob....I was very happy to get it, got a good amount and my customer is gonna go nuts for it I think. We sell Charlie extremely well. I would have mentioned it here but when I checked it last week was $10 CHEAPER on amazon!
You're welcome! I'm just sorry I have those huge space hogs or I'd be all over it! At the moment I can't justify the double-dip solely to get almost a foot of shelf space back.

We also have the exclusive (for now) Countess Dracula DVD. Even I'd say it's overpriced, which is one reason why I won't be bothering to get exclusives any more! It just doesn't fit our model. (Oh and for you thread readers--I'm probably going to have to blow Hands of the Ripper out in a few months...on the off chance you want it don't buy it now at $9.95. Wait a few months and it will be $5.95.) My gigantic soft spot for Hammer Horror does NOT=sales sadly.
Thank *you* for the heads-up! I've been slowly filling in the few missing Hammer Horror films in my collection as they come back into print or I find a good price on a OOP title. That one is on my acquisition list and I have such a huge backlog I can easily wait for another price drop!
Old 07-19-14, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Being/Copkillers
Day at the Beach
Unknown Comedy Special/Art of Nude Bowling
Challenge the Dragon/The Needle Avenger
Cheering Section/King Frat
Secrets of Sweet Sixteen/Looking Good
How to Score with Girls/White Rat
Supervan/Jail Bait Babysitter
Velvet Trap/Hot Nights on Campus
Deliver us from Evil/The Fox Affair
Teenage Graffiti/Teenage Mother
Running Hot
Voodoo Dolls/Madonna
Wacky Taxi/Superargo
Wild Malibu Weekend
Virginity
I think the value of these may have just shot up. I recently price checked some of these on Amazon and some were priced in the triple digits by 3rd party sellers. And they're not currently being sold in the Code Red webstore.

AFAIK, HB might be the only place selling these affordably at the moment. I figure it's only fair for me to point this out since I spoke rather uncharitably about this selection last month.

Decided to order Being/Copkillers.

(Oh and for you thread readers--I'm probably going to have to blow Hands of the Ripper out in a few months...on the off chance you want it don't buy it now at $9.95. Wait a few months and it will be $5.95.) My gigantic soft spot for Hammer Horror does NOT=sales sadly.
Well, FWIW, I bought RIPPER for $9.95!
Old 07-21-14, 08:48 AM
Cool New Member

Will Twins of Evil also be cut to $5.95?
Old 07-21-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by deckel
Will Twins of Evil also be cut to $5.95?
I'm still doing ok on that one at $9.95 so not in the foreseeable future.
Old 07-21-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, FWIW, I bought RIPPER for $9.95!
Sorry Living! I hate cutting prices not only because it means less $$$ for the company but because it affects those who bought at the higher price, just like this.
Old 07-21-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I think the value of these may have just shot up. I recently price checked some of these on Amazon and some were priced in the triple digits by 3rd party sellers. And they're not currently being sold in the Code Red webstore.
The guy who runs the Code Red store and also sells his stuff on Amazon was recently out of town for a stretch and now apparently has his hands full with some other issues so a lot of titles haven't been able from him since he didn't have them on hand to ship. Supposedly the webstore should be back at full capacity with all Code Red titles come the end of July.
Old 07-22-14, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry Living! I hate cutting prices not only because it means less $$$ for the company but because it affects those who bought at the higher price, just like this.
Oh I'm not upset about it! RIPPER was a title I actually wanted and $10 ain't bad. Just giving myself credit as someone who bought it.

Will you be pricecutting Frankenhooker down to $5.95 too?
Old 07-22-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh I'm not upset about it! RIPPER was a title I actually wanted and $10 ain't bad. Just giving myself credit as someone who bought it.

Will you be pricecutting Frankenhooker down to $5.95 too?
Yes, very safe bet, it is inevitable. I have no idea when but if you can wait--wait.
Old 09-02-14, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just received another satisfying order. None of the non-current titles had any cut-out or remainder marks, everything was brand new!

$5.95 The Avenging Conscience/Edgar Allan Poe (Kino)
$5.95 Animal Apocalypse 4-movie Set (Mill Creek, Includes 1979's NIGHTWING)
$5.95 Bad Biology DVD/BD combo (Shriek Show)
$2.95 Philip K Dick: The Penultimate Truth (Kultur)
$3.95 Return of the Vampire/Revenge of Frankenstein/Mr Sardonicus/Brotherhood of Satan (Mill Creek)
Old 09-09-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet! My Cthulhu 2015 wall calendar just arrived. Not a bad deal, especially considering it was printed in the U.K.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/2015-cthulhu-calendar

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.