Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Old 12-24-10, 05:36 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Amazon is already price matching most day after christmas adds from best buy and Target
Old 12-24-10, 09:14 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,294
Likes: 0
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Could not be less helpful of a post.
Old 12-24-10, 09:19 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 9,272
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Could not be less helpful of a post.
I'll take that challenge....

Hey all, there's a website that's pricematching some ads that are coming out in the near future from other stores .
Old 12-24-10, 09:38 PM
  #4  
Zbu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

A good example: It's Always Sunny in Philly S5 was going for $9.99 at Target on the 26th.

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Always-Sun...3248271&sr=8-3

Already that price at Amazon.
Old 12-24-10, 10:10 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

I hope they pricematch the subtractions, too...
Old 12-24-10, 10:32 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Central TX
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

This seems to be well covered here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...99-amazon.html
Old 12-24-10, 10:52 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 118
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

...I'll never understand why people find it "fitting" or "meaningful" to reply like this to someone who obviously has intentions to help a fellow save a few bucks. Why even have these forums if its such a big deal to accidentally re post, when the original post for this just had three items in the thread title? How bout just be glad there's people out there looking to help us save money, re post or not?
Old 12-24-10, 11:34 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Central TX
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by SimpsonsFan View Post
...I'll never understand why people find it "fitting" or "meaningful" to reply like this to someone who obviously has intentions to help a fellow save a few bucks. Why even have these forums if its such a big deal to accidentally re post, when the original post for this just had three items in the thread title? How bout just be glad there's people out there looking to help us save money, re post or not?
This thread is of no use to anyone, not a single title, link or price was posted. I was simply trying to point other people to a thread that will actually help them in some way.
Old 12-24-10, 11:46 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by arcurifisher View Post
Amazon is already price matching most day after christmas adds from best buy and Target
@arcurifisher--Thanks for the post! Just football for me on Sunday and no lines! Good looking out...I hate scouring the boards...

--Dorfler
Old 12-25-10, 06:45 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by yellowlt4 View Post
This thread is of no use to anyone, not a single title, link or price was posted. I was simply trying to point other people to a thread that will actually help them in some way.
If it's any consolation, Yellow, I think person questioning the snotty replies to this thread was referring to the first response post. Your post was definitely a clarifying helpful addendum to this OP.

But, for the record, this thread was of use to me. As soon as I saw it, I went to the Target post, saw the price for The Other Guys, then went to Amazon and ordered it.
Old 12-25-10, 08:04 AM
  #11  
kd5
DVD Talk Legend
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 11,697
Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

This thread actually reminded me of the sale BestBuy is going to have tomorrow on Supernatural, Season 5 for $14.99, went to Amazon and sure enough, Amazon has it for the same price now (less tax). Only bad thing is Amazon's $25 minimum for free shipping which is a bitch when there isn't anything else you really want right now...


This thread wasn't a waste afterall... -kd5-
Old 12-25-10, 10:03 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by wattsup32 View Post
If it's any consolation, Yellow, I think person questioning the snotty replies to this thread was referring to the first response post. Your post was definitely a clarifying helpful addendum to this OP.

But, for the record, this thread was of use to me. As soon as I saw it, I went to the Target post, saw the price for The Other Guys, then went to Amazon and ordered it.
I saw this thread, last night, and surfed right on over to Amazon and grabbed True Blood Season 2 for my mom. $14.99 is an amazing price. Thanks, OP and to the other posters who posted the scans for Best Buy and Target.
Old 12-25-10, 10:10 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
Only bad thing is Amazon's $25 minimum for free shipping which is a bitch when there isn't anything else you really want right now...
It's pretty easy to get free Prime these days. Check out the thread in the Hot Deals section...
Old 12-25-10, 10:26 AM
  #14  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Myers, fl.
Posts: 5,393
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
It's pretty easy to get free Prime these days. Check out the thread in the Hot Deals section...
Yeah I found that out! Got a few months of free prime and ordered a bunch of DVD's with free 2 day shipping...even though their standard free shipping isn't too shabby with over $25.00 in purchases-
Old 12-25-10, 02:40 PM
  #15  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

yeah i got the first season of glee, a couple seasons of house and the first two seasons of castle, 80 bucks shipped would of costed well over 200 bucks normally, hoping to find some good deals on some dvds tomorrow at target that aren't listed in the main flyers will keep posted
Old 12-25-10, 10:18 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

I ordered:

HOUSE Season 5
HOUSE Season 6
IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA Season 5
FAMILY GUY Vol. 8
HEROES Season 4
PERCY JACKSON: THE LIGHTNING THIEF BD

PRIME SHIPPING and I am done for the year barring any posts from people went out and saw other deals that AMAZON might be price-matching...

--Dorfler
Old 12-26-10, 02:05 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by tvjunkie25 View Post
yeah i got the first season of glee, a couple seasons of house and the first two seasons of castle, 80 bucks shipped would of costed well over 200 bucks normally, hoping to find some good deals on some dvds tomorrow at target that aren't listed in the main flyers will keep posted
Yes will you please post all of the unadvertised tv shows that are on sale at Target? Would love this info to see if it's worth going in tomorrow
Old 12-26-10, 07:34 AM
  #18  
kd5
DVD Talk Legend
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 11,697
Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
It's pretty easy to get free Prime these days. Check out the thread in the Hot Deals section...
After reading about so many people having problems with Amazon using questionable shipping methods to send out Prime orders, I think I'll give Amazon Prime a pass, but thanks for that anyway...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum...prime-huh.html -kd5-
Old 12-26-10, 08:28 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Lateralus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Valley of Megiddo
Posts: 9,570
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Picked up The Simpsons: The Thirteenth Season for $19.99.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-26-10, 09:27 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Picked up The Simpsons: The Thirteenth Season for $19.99.

Thanks for the heads up!
Too bad the BD versions never go on sale for under $20. I picked up S13 last week for $16.99 + tax at Target, and even then I was borderline on it because Amazon and Costco have a history of putting Simpsons sets for $9.99 or $12.99 after my return period has expired. However, I don't think they did it this year (except for S20 at Amazon), so maybe that trend is over (as great DVD and BD deals seem to be less frequent).
Old 12-26-10, 02:06 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Lateralus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Valley of Megiddo
Posts: 9,570
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Too bad the BD versions never go on sale for under $20. I picked up S13 last week for $16.99 + tax at Target, and even then I was borderline on it because Amazon and Costco have a history of putting Simpsons sets for $9.99 or $12.99 after my return period has expired. However, I don't think they did it this year (except for S20 at Amazon), so maybe that trend is over (as great DVD and BD deals seem to be less frequent).
Heck, I dd not know they released BD for Season 13, I knew about Season 20. Oh well lookis like I start my Simpsons BD collection at season 14.
Old 12-26-10, 05:13 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 118
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon already Price Matching after christmas adds

Got:

1. True Blood s.2 @14.99
2. The Office s.6 @14.99


All that struck my interest. Very good bargains though. Needed both of these.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.