Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-10, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Nothing out today at my store (Chattanooga/Brainerd). I guess I'll see tomorrow.
Old 11-25-10, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Popped into a Big Lots while on the road last night and the store I visited had a relatively tiny selection of $5 DVDs available. Picked up 8 of 'em and they did ring up for $3 each. Honestly, there are a few other $5 titles I've been more interested in--what if I did an even exchange bringing back one or two of the ones I got for 3 bucks, would that be a problem?
Old 11-25-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Hit one last Big Lots in Cerritos before Black Friday and saw the following:

Gomer Pyle
(Final Season)
Soul Food (S3)
Star Trek Animated Series
Star Trek Voyager (S3)

Old 11-25-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Aw, man! I got the Star Trek Animated at Wal-Mart for 15 bucks and thought that was a good deal! Oh well...
Old 11-26-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich is Poor
Today I picked up The Beverly Hillbillies S2, and for $3 each: Hardcore(1979 Paul Schrader Film), The Sea Inside, The Anniversay Party, and The Dead Zone(Cronenberg Film).
Great movie if anyone sees it and is wavering.
Old 11-26-10, 01:04 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Funny that Paramount rarely gives a good deal on Star Trek seasons and then dumps them here for 6 dollars.
Old 11-26-10, 01:34 AM

I'm in no rush to buy Star Trek: The Animated Series, but if I'm lucky enough to come across a copy for $6 at a Big Lots then I'll buy it. I'm pretty skeptical about this set because I've read some negative reviews regarding its 'unique' packaging, the way the discs are bundled inside the plastic case. That's why I didn't want to buy it online. I need to physically hold a set in my hands and inspect it to see if everything is in place, no floaters inside. For $6 though, you can't go wrong.
Old 11-26-10, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^The packaging is similar to the clamshell on the original series releases. There should not be floaters inside due to the design, but it's not a good setup. Plastic "pages" with a tape hinge. It's more inconvenient than anything but it's sturdy. I got one at WM for $15 and do not regret it at all. It's a very good series in spite of the packaging. If you're a fan of TOS you should own this as well.
Old 11-26-10, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the Culver City, CA BL on Thanksgiving and the pickings were really slim. They had some of the TV shows, but they were all mixed in with months old stock, so I had to dig and dig to find what few morsels there were. Maybe someone cleaned them out, but I'm more inclined to think that this store just didn't get very many of the TV Shows in.

There was barely anything, some show called STELLA and the first season of DIAGNOSIS MURDER, one copy of LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY, some SEX AND THE CITY, a couple of FUGITIVE S1 V2, one copy of ODD COUPLE Final Season, two copies of GOMER PYLE S5 and that's about it.

Tons of those awful NICKELODEON sets.

And a woman who was frantically looking through the horrible Christmas CDs that were stacked above the DVDs and kept bumping into me without once saying 'excuse me.' She was so focused she didn't notice that an employee came and thought her cart was abandoned and emptied it, putting things back on the shelves. When the woman discovered this she let out a litany of furious profanity in a loud voice, first at the employee and then at the manager and then at anyone who would listen. I haven't heard that many consecutive F bombs in a long time, LOL. She was so angry she just went on and on and yelling the same things, especially pissed that she could no longer find her CD copy of THE ROCKETTES sing Christmas songs. She finally looked at me, shaking her head in disgust and all I said was: "Happy Thanksgiving."
Old 11-26-10, 04:25 AM

Anyone else standing outside of BL right now? I'm seeing some employees hoarding merchandise for themselves prior to opening. I'm hoping that one of the five BL stores I go to will have the sets I need.
Old 11-26-10, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did anybody see Friday the 13th s2?
Old 11-26-10, 06:16 AM

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere--Found a single copy of Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection Vol. 2 (three discs, 75 cartoons).
Old 11-26-10, 07:56 AM

Went to the Albany and Troy NY stores and only walked away with Bosom Buddies Season 1. Albany only had one "bin" of the TV sets, while Troy had two and from the looks of it, the titles were identical. No JAG at either, but 7th Heaven fans would be in seventh heaven since virtually ever season was there.

Will probably hit Rensselaer over the weekend, debating Clifton Park...maybe I should just save the gas.
Old 11-26-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

picked up ;

Mission Impossible - 5th season
Hawaii Five-O - 6th season
Old 11-26-10, 09:31 AM

Lebanon PA after action report:

@ approx 930 this morning, I encountered the following @ my local BL:
odd couple s2
hawaii 5-0 s6
mission impossible s5
mork and mindy s2
sabrina s2
macgyver s4
twin peaks s2
jag s5
brady bunch s2
cheers s3
7th heaven s5
matlock s2
star trek q collection
police squad

most were in ample supply but there were about 3-4 open spaces where sets had been and now gone. BL employees put them on 1 side of the 4 sided dvd cube rack, no box trays in sight. Hopefully more to follow. Took 2 prisoners, Police squard and twin peaks S2. Valhalla7 out.
Old 11-26-10, 09:48 AM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Picked up Star Trek Voyager S3, Star Trek Animated, Matlock S2, and Wild Wild West S3 + S4. Some extras in the exchange forum.
Old 11-26-10, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by newginafets
Yeah, they had three at my local store and I didn't get there till around 9 AM.

Last edited by Cool Ghoul; 11-26-10 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-26-10, 10:05 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by newginafets
Lots of Friday the 13th Season 2 sets in both the Binghamton and Vestal NY stores ... and they did not seem to be moving. Also lots of Twin Peaks. No Beverly Hillbillies at either locations and I got to the Binghamton one at opening.
Old 11-26-10, 10:11 AM

I got to mine at around 9AM and had to look for the tiny display of the TV series. Gone were the ones I really wanted. So had to settle on The Beverly Hillbillies: Season 2 and The Bionic Woman: Vol. 1.
Old 11-26-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by valhalla7
Lebanon PA after action report:

@ approx 930 this morning, I encountered the following @ my local BL:
odd couple s2
hawaii 5-0 s6
mission impossible s5
mork and mindy s2
sabrina s2
macgyver s4
twin peaks s2
jag s5
brady bunch s2
cheers s3
7th heaven s5
matlock s2
star trek q collection
police squad

most were in ample supply but there were about 3-4 open spaces where sets had been and now gone. BL employees put them on 1 side of the 4 sided dvd cube rack, no box trays in sight. Hopefully more to follow. Took 2 prisoners, Police squard and twin peaks S2. Valhalla7 out.
I went at ten and saw essentially this, plus the Daily Show and sans Police Squad

I did end up picking up something I didn't see in this thread or that wasn't mentioned.

Stephen King TV set (The Langoliers, The Stand, Golden Years) for $6.

I am bummed about not getting F13 S2, Police Squad & Animated ST(would have completed an Xmas gift for me).
Old 11-26-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Poor.

Both store I visited had crappy selection. No "Wild Wild West" S4 or "Friday The 13th: The Series". I did pick up "The Odd Couple: Second Season" and "Police Squad". I'm very disappointed. I froze my privates waiting in line, for relatively nothing. Add that to the lack titles I wanted at two Wal-Marts visited - this has been lamest Black Friday. The kind of... I should've stayed in bed.

Golden Years! Now I feel worse.
Old 11-26-10, 10:41 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

4 different store in my area all got the same shipments... the same titles at every store!
Hopefully I can save somebody the trouble: if you go to one San Fernando Valley store... you've been to them all!
Old 11-26-10, 11:12 AM

I went to five stores today and only found two sets that I actually wanted. I got Matlock season 1 and Sabrina season 3.
I also found Family Ties season 1 which I'm going to use in the swap forum. I'm looking for the Melrose Place sets!

When I walked into the third BL, I went straight to the TV box sets. As I walked up, a woman and her friend/relative/whatever started to block the red cardboard trays. They then grab all of the trays and put them in their carts and walk away. I couldn't believe it. They didn't even look at the titles.
Old 11-26-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got to the BigLots near me around 7am to find some a-hole loading up his shopping cart with what appeared to be around 6 cartons of the DVD sets. Man, I thought I was about to blow a gasket.....
Old 11-26-10, 12:10 PM

I waited for over 3 hours and was first in line...only to find out the Champaign, IL store had 2 whole trays. I did get 2 I wanted but I was still dissapointed. I knew somebody who was at the Danville, IL store and all they had were 3 trays...I would have thought that since these were featured on the front page that they would have had at least 4 trays per store.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.