Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-10, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Last year I went to Wal-Mart first, battling crowds and coming out with only ONE DVD. Then went to Big Lots, where I had the whole DVD section to myself and grabbed at least 10.
Old 11-19-10, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stockbridge, GA has set out their $6 TV series DVDs. Each cardboad tray is small and holds only 18 items. Stockbridge, GA set out 9 trays. Yesterday, I consolidated all the sets into 7 full trays. I asked if there were any more in the back to fill the 2 empty trays. The sales clerk spoke with "Joe" who said they had all been put out....no more in the back. Sales clerk said "Joe would know." Can't argue with that!

9 trays x 18/tray = 162 sets for the Stockbridge, GA Big Lots. Limited selection. I didn't see anything new to add to the list. There were only 20-25 titles to choose from. Still looking for Joan of Arcadia and Hawaii Five-O s7.
Old 11-19-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
9 trays x 18/tray = 162 sets for the Stockbridge, GA Big Lots. Limited selection. I didn't see anything new to add to the list. There were only 20-25 titles to choose from. Still looking for Joan of Arcadia and Hawaii Five-O s7.
I'll keep mentioning that if people buy extras (even stuff they are NOT interested in themselves) then they can do even trades for what they want in the trade forums. Each party just loses media mail shipping cost. I bought an extra of both titles you mentioned you're looking for, and the week after BF (once all the dust has settled) I hope to start trading. I've realized that BL selection is so spotty that any given store or area will probably have at best 1/4th of the total titles available. Most people are reporting their stores are getting multiple boxes of the same couple dozen titles. Therefore, barring last minute stealth shipments, I think on BF we're going to be disappointed seeing the same titles and not being able to get the rest on the list.
Old 11-19-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like BigLots will be giving "cashback" for purchases of $50+ made during Nov 25-27 in the form of a coupon redeemable Nov 28 - Dec 11.

Anyone think this will deter the hoarders from cleaning out stock prior to the 25th?

Old 11-19-10, 11:31 AM

Just came from two BL and the seasons were slim pickings =(

did pick up Family Ties S4 and Cheers S3
Old 11-19-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

updated list with everything so far.

my local Big Lots had none of the TV sets. However they had a two-tier display with $6 Children's titles. The only one I remember being worth close to that was Bee Move 2D and maybe a season 1 set of something, but I didn't recognize it and forgot the title (even when I told my self I wouldn't!).
Old 11-19-10, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
However they had a two-tier display with $6 Children's titles. The only one I remember being worth close to that was Bee Move 2D and maybe a season 1 set of something, but I didn't recognize it and forgot the title (even when I told my self I wouldn't!).
Saw the same $6 Children's titles here in Los Angeles. I thought the $6 price point was kinda high, but I'm not familiar with the titles in the assortment.

The "season 1 set of something" was Stella from Comedy Central.
Old 11-19-10, 02:29 PM

Along with that Nickelodeon shipment was The Adventures of Pete and Pete Season 2.
Old 11-19-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Pearl Tacoma Wa got the BF shipment today but is holding it back for BF. No idea how much or what titles they got.
Old 11-19-10, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Saw the same $6 Children's titles here in Los Angeles. I thought the $6 price point was kinda high, but I'm not familiar with the titles in the assortment.

The "season 1 set of something" was Stella from Comedy Central.
That's it. Just checked Amazon and it got pretty good reviews. But with everything else I want from the TV list, I can live without it.

Originally Posted by Croissant!
Along with that Nickelodeon shipment was The Adventures of Pete and Pete Season 2.
I did notice that too, but really just glossed over it.

This has got to be the worst overall 2-tier assortment I have ever seen at Big Lots, especially with the ridiculous price point for most of the titles. I noticed one title that was 3.01 shipped from Amazon MP, so it might be wise to check Amz MP for some of these titles (the two titles above are the exception to this rule).

I'm not going to add these sets to the TV set list, unless the concensus is people want me to.
Old 11-19-10, 03:58 PM

After checking 5 Tampa Bay area BL for the TV sets, I'm giving up and waiting till next Thursday. One store did have single copies of CSI:NY, Family Ties, Melrose Place and BH90210 and I was able to snag Sabrina Season 3 and The Love Boat Season 1 Part Two. But subsequent stops have been fruitless. I like retro TV on DVD, so I'm hoping I have better luck next week.
Old 11-19-10, 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spoon81
After checking 5 Tampa Bay area BL for the TV sets, I'm giving up and waiting till next Thursday. One store did have single copies of CSI:NY, Family Ties, Melrose Place and BH90210 and I was able to snag Sabrina Season 3 and The Love Boat Season 1 Part Two. But subsequent stops have been fruitless. I like retro TV on DVD, so I'm hoping I have better luck next week.
Good to see another member in the area. I've only had time to go to 2 stores in the area and only 1 had very few tv sets. The only thing I bought was Season 3 and 4 of CSI NY. It was in a small display hidden and looked like it held maybe 10 boxsets.
Old 11-19-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Absolutely NOTHING at the NoHo, CA BL or the one on Sherman Way in whatever fucking valley town that one is in. Went to both today and either they are holding to the letter of the BF law or they are having their usual lag time of getting this stuff weeks/months after every other store in the country gets them. In any case, NOTHING!
Old 11-19-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anybody from the Chicago area or near suburbs are seeing these TV shows on DVD at Big Lots, please let me know as there are a few titles I'm interested 9in buying as well, such as Love Boat for one.
Old 11-19-10, 05:40 PM

Anyone in Dayton, OH...I know there had been a few. Anyways, I actually found several of these sets out today (family ties, cheers, love boat, rawhide, sabrina, etc...) at the Centerville location today. They weren't in their own display, just in the wire racks. Anyways, just thought I'd let whoever know as I know there had been some Dayton people on here previously
Old 11-19-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None of the TV season sets have made it to either of the BL's in San Jose, Ca.
Old 11-19-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found Angel-A today.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/31598/angel-a/

No sign of the TV sets.
Old 11-19-10, 06:37 PM

I was surprised to see them in my local BL today given they just bothered to put out the Paramount $3 titles people have been mentioning for some time last week. The boxed sets were crammed on to the wire racks with the junk that has been there for years, I'm hoping they did not put out everything because if they did it's a rather small collection of 20 or so titles with 1-4 copies each. I saw

7th Heaven
Brady Bunch
Cheers
CSI Miami
Daily Show: Indecision 2004
Fugitive
Hawaii Five-O
Matlock
Mork and Mindy
Odd Couple
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Star Trek Fan Collective
Twin Peaks

Not one title I wanted was there so I didn't buy a thing! I'm hoping they'll have more titles on BF.
Old 11-19-10, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
None of the TV season sets have made it to either of the BL's in San Jose, Ca.
Hit the one on White Road. Sets popped up there today - 4 boxes with basically the same selection in each. Cheers, Odd Couple, Twin Peaks, Police Squad, Mission Impossible, and a few others I had too little interest in to even remember the titles. No Fugitive or Friday 13th, which were my interests. I passed on MI, as I already own the all the season sets and season 5 was when things started to drop.

I picked up Police Squad and Peaks, then after checking around realized that Twin Peaks Season 2 is sort of a dead end - Season 1 (stand alone) is OOP and doesn't include the premiere anyway. The current release of the above items is a full series box set - so basically you end up rebuying season 2. No wonder the season 2 set is being cleared out.

Note I saw nothing else new there - none of the Christmas sets (Chuck Jones collection, Stooges), nor the other mentioned wave that included Dead Zone (movie). Just leftovers of last months box sets, and the wave that included the Friday 13th movies (all long since gone, along with nearly everything else that wave had interesting).
Old 11-19-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No TV sets at Milford, MA yet.
Old 11-19-10, 08:41 PM
Cool New Member

I found the Nickelodeon DVDs at the Louisville/Bardstown Rd. store today. Picked up Pete & Pete S2, also saw (but had no interest in) a bunch of Rugrats DVDs, All Grown Up DVDs, and Zoey 101 S1. And I picked up Stella S1 (which was in the same pallet, kind of strange to see that mixed in with all of the Nickelodeon stuff).

Also found some more of the $6 sets that the store didn't have previously, it looks like they put out all of their boxes now. Picked up Brotherhood S1, 7th Heaven S8, Streets of San Francisco S1V1, and The Cleaner S1.
Old 11-19-10, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Almost no dvd's again at 72nd in Tacoma WA.
Old 11-19-10, 09:11 PM
Cool New Member

I was surprised to find that my local BL (S.Plainfield,N.J.) had stocked the TV sets this morning.I thought they would wait until black friday.10 trays x 18 sets = 180.Mostly the same mix of titles (lots of CSI Miami S2 & 4,Star Trek Klingon Fan Collective,Odd Couple Final Season,Twin Peaks S2,Melrose Place S3) with the following exceptions.

Wild Wild West - The 4th Season (final season)
Hawaii Five O - The Second Season
7th Heaven - The Ninth Season
Star Trek Fan Collective - Captains Log

Only one copy each of the above sets.Here are several additions to the master list of what has been spotted.

Gomer Pyle - Season 5 (the final season)
Touched By An Angel - Season Three,Volume 2
The Hills - Season 1 & 2

Bought 19 sets total and used my 20% Buzz Club discount.Not a bad haul for $4.80 each!
Old 11-19-10, 10:17 PM

One title I forgot to mention seeing that nobody else I believe has mentioned yet is LAGUNA BEACH. I also saw POLICE SQUAD - it appears my BL had more of the thin "plastic case" dvd seasons (PS, MORK, MATLOCK, SABRINA, HEAVEN) than the other titles in boxed sets.
Old 11-19-10, 11:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

after checking around realized that Twin Peaks Season 2 is sort of a dead end - Season 1 (stand alone) is OOP and doesn't include the premiere anyway. The current release of the above items is a full series box set - so basically you end up rebuying season 2. No wonder the season 2 set is being cleared out.
Depends if you're a completest (like myself); all the commentaries on season one did not carry over to the 'series box', nor did the interviews that are part of season two.

- - -

OUTSTANDING! Fingers crossed my store will have S4 of "The Wild Wild West".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.