Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Bought today..

The Fugitive Season One Vol. 2
The Fugitive Season Two Vol. 1
Bosom Buddies Season One

Looking for Fugitive season one volume one, If anyone has an extra copy and would like to make a trade or sell please pm me.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I went at ten and saw essentially this, plus the Daily Show and sans Police Squad

I did end up picking up something I didn't see in this thread or that wasn't mentioned.

Stephen King TV set (The Langoliers, The Stand, Golden Years) for $6.

I am bummed about not getting F13 S2, Police Squad & Animated ST(would have completed an Xmas gift for me).
Went on a bit of a road trip after this post to see family and found myself within detour distance of several Big Lots.

Around 4 on BF in Evansville I managed to snag:
Police Squad (The complete series)
Stella (Season 1)
(This despite having the smallest selection of DVDs I have ever seen at a BLs)

The next day around 5 somewhere in Kentucky I found:
Friday The 13th (Season 2) (They had 3 copies left)
& some new $3 titles
Hero At Large (John Ritter as a Super Hero?)
"A Fine Madness"(Old Sean Connery Comedy)
Alfie (Michael Caine)

I also debated on getting Theodore Rex as it looked deliciously bad but was convinced not to by the wife.

Overall I am happy with my BL BF Haul, wish I could have secured ST: The Animated Series and maybe the Borg Collection...
Old 11-28-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the Niles, IL store...one copy of Police Squad, S2 of Matlock, Seasons 2 & 3 of Sabrina, S2 of Mork and Mindy, Indecision 2004, CSI Miami S1, 7th Heaven S5 and S6 but other then that, slim pickings.
Old 11-28-10, 02:58 PM

well, my BL is pretty emptied of TV shows now. Any chance that they might be getting any different sets later on? Most of what I was hoping to get was never even available at my local stores. Or is it just over......?
Old 11-28-10, 04:59 PM
ADP

It's just the opposite at my local NC store. I stopped in today and from the looks of it they have not sold a single tv set. There was nothing there that I really wanted but I may grab something for a trade.

Funny thing is that I stopped in there Saturday a week ago and spoke with the manager about the sets. He said they had them in but wouldn't let me take a look just to see what they had, I knew I wouldn't get to purchase but wanted to make plans on which BL to hit on Black Friday.

I didn't even bother going to that store and happened to stop in today, and they haven't sold a single set.

Maybe it's karma
Old 11-28-10, 10:34 PM

*Sigh* Leslie Nielsen died. Now I'm really bummed I didn't find Police Squad.
Old 11-28-10, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
One person's "crap" is another's treasure...

While the one here had Sabrina S1 (but not S2, 3, 4) and some CSI (which my wife likes but I detest) it did *not* have the Hillbillies. Even though I somewhat enjoy Sabrina and picked up a copy of S1 I'd have *much* rather had S2 of the Hillbillies...
The ones I mentioned were the non-crappy. The "crappy" I am referring to are sets I had never even heard of before and sets I had seen before for that price...
Old 11-28-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
...Leslie Nielsen died...
Old 11-29-10, 07:41 AM
Cool New Member

went to 8 biglots looking for csi shows..especially csi miami but hardly found any that I had already got at the other stores...

Purchased...

6.00 each
Star Trek Fan Collective - Q
Star Trek Fan Collective - Borg
Star Trek Fan Collective - Klingon
Crime Scene Investigation - The Complete Third Season
CSI: NY - The Complete Third Season
CSI: NY - The Fourth Season
CSI: NY - The Fifth Season
Old 11-29-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Went to my local Phoenix area BL today. At first the DVDs looked picked over, but I found a lot of the TV sets mentioned here. Ended up buying a Star Trek Fan Collective: Klingon and Perry Mason S3 V.1 for my spouse and a Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit and Babe for my nephew. Disappointingly, it wasn't until I got home that I found the Babe disc was a floater.

Here's what I saw but didn't get:
Twin Peaks S2
Beverly Hillbillies S2
Melrose Place S3
Bosom Buddies S1
Odd Couple Final Season
Gomer Pyle USMC Final Season
The Fugitive (don't remember which)
Mission: Impossible S5 (1 copy)

Was so hoping to find that Woody Woodpecker set - drat!

I was also tempted by a double pack of Knute Rockne, All American and I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang for $6 -- maybe it'll still be there next month!
Old 11-29-10, 12:13 PM

I guess that the TV box sets are being replenished. I visited a couple stores and was surprised to see the considerable stock they still had on Sunday. Though of the two stores, one had Fugitive s1v1, Redemption, The Hills, The Brotherhood, & Cheers s7; while one a few miles away had Twin Peaks, Mork, Laverne, Happy Days, Police Squad, CSI, 7th Heaven, Trek Q, Jag, McGyver, Brady Bunch, and several others but not what that other store had. Oh yes, and Coach at both, but no Joey.
Old 11-29-10, 12:22 PM

Do you know which season(s) of Jag they had?
Old 11-29-10, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by mr Articulate
I guess that the TV box sets are being replenished. I visited a couple stores and was surprised to see the considerable stock they still had on Sunday. Though of the two stores, one had Fugitive s1v1, Redemption, The Hills, The Brotherhood, & Cheers s7; while one a few miles away had Twin Peaks, Mork, Laverne, Happy Days, Police Squad, CSI, 7th Heaven, Trek Q, Jag, McGyver, Brady Bunch, and several others but not what that other store had. Oh yes, and Coach at both, but no Joey.
Are you saying that a BL got NEW stock with different sets than before? Or are you saying that you were just surprised that there was a healthy supply of what was there before still lying around?

I wasn't planning to back to BL anymore....however...
Old 11-29-10, 01:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mr Articulate
I know the stores you're talking about. No, they're not being replenished. The same sets have been there since Friday, they just haven't sold.
Old 11-29-10, 02:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Went into Midwest City, OK. They didn't have too many TV videos, but they did have one "Police Squad" and about 5 Twin Peaks S2. They had a ton of Nickelodeon videos and quite a few $5 & $3 titles, but no "Hardcore" which was the only one I wanted. I bought one of the Twin Peaks sets and some olive oil.
Old 11-29-10, 03:28 PM

Went to the West Monroe,LA Big Lots today... only a few copies of the second season of Twin Peaks, second season of Mork & Mindy, seasons 4,5, and 6 of 7th Heaven, and one copy of season 2 of The Odd Couple (only thing I bought, wasn't interested in Twin Peaks or 7th Heaven, already had Mork & Mindy).
Old 11-29-10, 06:02 PM

didnt find any tv sets i was interested in but i did find Das Boot uncut version for $3
Old 11-29-10, 07:32 PM

Picked up The Love Boat: Season 1 Volume 2. It contained 4 disc's (disc one, disc two, disc two, disk four). 2 disc two's and no disc three. Check the disc's in your seasons carefully.....
Old 11-29-10, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up Matlock: The Second Season today for $6. Wish they had the other seasons to go along with it, but I'll take what I can get.

The Amsterdam, NY store has lots of MEDIUM - SEASON 4 if anyone is looking for that one.
Old 11-29-10, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by DVD-Obsession
Picked up The Love Boat: Season 1 Volume 2. It contained 4 disc's (disc one, disc two, disc two, disk four). 2 disc two's and no disc three. Check the disc's in your seasons carefully.....
This happened to me on Firefly. Had to send it back to amazon.
Since I can't get to a big lots I've been checking amazon for dvds that listed and got Friday the 13th season 2 for $10
Old 11-29-10, 10:25 PM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

...now if someone would just have a blow-out sale on Friday the 13th season 1 and 3 (or Wild Wild West season 1 and 2).
Old 11-29-10, 10:57 PM

yea I want to get Friday the 13th 1 and 3. Just can't find it cheap enough to get right now
Old 11-29-10, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

^ I hear that
Old 11-30-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

on the tv sets, some of the stores got too many identical boxes for their available shelf space, so you may see restock from their back room.
Old 11-30-10, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
on the tv sets, some of the stores got too many identical boxes for their available shelf space, so you may see restock from their back room.
On my way back to NJ from the South yesterday, I stopped in the Winchester, VA, Big Lots, and they had put out 13 identical display trays on an endcap. They were all what we've come to call the "Joan of Arcadia assortment" (with Caroline in the City S1, Sabrina S1, etc.), and they were untouched at 11:30 a.m. Amazing.

My Thanksgiving week trip took me from NJ to Southaven, MS, and back, and it was amazing how many places had the same assortment that my local store did. Eventually I did find stores that had something other than the "Joan of Arcadia assortment", but they were few. I picked up Sabrina S1, S3, and S4, but never came across S2 which is what I really really wanted.

Funniest moment of all was Thanksgiving night in Nashville: I was asking the clerk if the TV DVDs were in a separate section or whatever, and she was trying to figure out which DVDs I meant. Finally she asked if they were the ones in the Black Friday ad. Then she looked like she wasn't sure what to say, and she finally came up with, "Oh, those are coming in on a truck tonight. You can come back tomorrow." Now, I strongly suspected that they had been in the stockroom for weeks, not coming in on a truck on Thanksgiving night. She added, "We open at 6 tomorrow. I know you don't want to come back, but...." I said, "Gee, if the truck isn't coming until tonight, you'll never be able to get them out on the floor by 6 am!" I thought I had her there, but she said, "Oh, yes, we have to, or people get upset when the advertised specials aren't here." She was pretty convincing, so I did go back and had some success.

Last edited by barbybrant; 11-30-10 at 01:07 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.