Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '10

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '10

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 04:59 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '10

Robert's Anime Corner Store Coupons
It's August, and that means it's time for some 'back to school' savings from RACS! From now until midnight (EST) on Thursday, August 12th you can save up to an additional 10% off any combination of IN STOCK items listed on the store!

To save 5% off any IN STOCK order (no minimum) just use the following coupon during checkout:

BACKTOSCHOOL-SAVE5

To save 10% off any IN STOCK order over $200 just use the following coupon during checkout:

BACKTOSCHOOL-SAVE10

The more you purchase the more you save so be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to load up on some of the Anime stuff you've been wanting! US customers can combine this offer with our super saver shipping option to save even more scratch on your favorite in stock Anime series, Manga, Figure, or Character Items!

Note: Valid for new orders of IN STOCK items only. Coupon code expires at midnight EST on August 12th so get your orders in ASAP!
Old 08-08-10, 08:52 AM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '10

FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M?)

Anime (Blu-ray)Anime (DVD) Live-Action
Old 08-09-10, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
Amazon.com Japan
Good price but does this include English subs? I'm guessing not.
Old 08-09-10, 09:09 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by carnage6
Yes. It includes both English / Japanese Dub & Sub. And it looks like the price went even lower now (¥ 4,419, 57% off).
Old 08-10-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carnage6
It's also far superior than the Bandai release (which was like watching an extended trailer). So, depending on how much of a fan will justify the price difference.
Old 08-10-10, 03:22 PM
WTK

AnimEigo.com
Old 08-10-10, 03:33 PM

IMO, if you're going to buy the GitS disc off Amazon Japan, you might want to consider getting a brand new copy off the marketplace. It's several hundred yen cheaper and the shipping is only ¥ 800 to the US. If you go through Amazon itself, shipping looks to be ¥ 2000 (¥ 1700 + ¥ 300 handling fee). I might be reading it wrong (I'm using Google Translator), but that's what it looks to be.
Old 08-10-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedTail
IMO, if you're going to buy the GitS disc off Amazon Japan, you might want to consider getting a brand new copy off the marketplace. It's several hundred yen cheaper and the shipping is only ¥ 800 to the US. If you go through Amazon itself, shipping looks to be ¥ 2000 (¥ 1700 + ¥ 300 handling fee). I might be reading it wrong (I'm using Google Translator), but that's what it looks to be.
Sorry to ask this here, but how much is that in US Dollars?

And is this the original version? I have 2.0 but would love the original on Blu-ray.
Old 08-10-10, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion

And is this the original version? I have 2.0 but would love the original on Blu-ray.
100 yen is about $1.10 these days.

2.0 comes with the original on Blu-ray, as an extra... however it isn't the best quality.
Old 08-10-10, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

^ Use that to convert between US Dollar and Yen. If you want to do a quick calculation in your head though, ¥1000 roughly equals $12.50. Kinda sucks... I remember two or three years ago when ¥1000 was about $8.00. Needless to say, I don't import much anymore.

Yep. It was released back in 2007 when Bandai Visual USA was still around, but never saw a release stateside. Has the English dub and subtitles as if BV was planning to go ahead and eventually do it similar to how they did Wings of Honneamise. Speaking of which, the release format (DVD/BD Combo) and packaging are very similar to the Wings of Honneamise box. Here's a review with pics that should help answer any lingering questions:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...ll_blu-ray.htm
Old 08-11-10, 10:55 PM
WTK

Amazon.com Round-up (including PMs to BestBuy.com)

DEALS: | Note: Price Fluctuations May Occur on Any Amazon.com Listings!
Spoiler:
Amazon.com Blu-ray Pricing Round-up (at least 40% off unless noted otherwise)
Old 08-12-10, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
Too bad AnimEigo doesn't ship to Europe.
Old 08-12-10, 03:56 PM
WTK

via YesAsia.com's Facebook Page
Thanks for liking YesAsia.com! Please visit often so we don't get lonely.

To celebrate the launching of our Facebook page, we're giving you a US$5 Coupon for your next YesAsia.com order!

Just enter the below Coupon Code when you check out, and save US$5 automatically:
Coupon Code: YAFB5
Expires: August 31, 2010
This Coupon can only be used once per customer. Go forth and choose wisely!
Old 08-12-10, 04:02 PM
WTK

Old 08-12-10, 04:03 PM
WTK

Best Buy (B&M / 8/11 - 8/16)
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I already posted this in the Blu-ray forum. Thread title says it all-

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/...upons_Core.pdf
Old 08-12-10, 08:37 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Cart Toppers
» Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays unless stated otherwise)

Last edited by WTK; 08-12-10 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-12-10, 08:45 PM
WTK

goHastings.com 20% off Coupon
Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Code: WIN0810 (Must logged in to see the discount, no guest)

Works on new, used, previously viewed, cd, blu-ray, dvd, ps3, xbox 360, wii, video game and system, etc....

Last edited by WTK; 08-12-10 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-12-10, 09:16 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Old 08-12-10, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Yes. It includes both English / Japanese Dub & Sub. And it looks like the price went even lower now (¥ 4,419, 57% off).
Well I want to order it but how? My regular amazon membership doesn't seem to work on the Japanese site.
Old 08-13-10, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
goHastings.com 20% off Coupon
is there a significant difference between their "used" and "previously viewed" movies?

i assume the PV means rentals, but the majority of the prices are above used for it to be so.
Old 08-13-10, 09:44 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Panko
is there a significant difference between their "used" and "previously viewed" movies?

i assume the PV means rentals, but the majority of the prices are above used for it to be so.
I believe the PV gets rental case and artwork. I'm not too certain though.
Old 08-16-10, 09:50 AM
WTK

Super Savings! Save at Least 33% OFF Manga From DC Comics & CMX Manga! @ RightStuf.com

Fill in your manga collection with super savings on titles from DC Comics' CMX Manga line!

From now through August 19, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from DC Comics and CMX Manga! (This includes items that are in stock, on order and special order!)

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from DC Comics. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Super Savings" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the DC Comics items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale, and it may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 08-16-10, 07:42 PM
WTK

TRSI Minor Bargain Bin Update...
Old 08-17-10, 01:24 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Restocking...
Old 08-17-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.