Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar Tree DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-20, 05:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've only ever seen that Astros championship BD. I don't think MLB made one for the 2015 Royals - they started the series in 2016 for the Cubs if I remember correctly.
I have the box set of all the games, but I know there's some kinda Championship disc out there. It might not have been released by MLB, though. I have SO much stuff from that season...wanna see a pic of my World Championship metal trash can? Hee hee...
Old 10-13-20, 05:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a baseball dvd at dt but forgot what team for winning a playoffs or series i guess. dvds sell for collect or resell so guess whoever check the stores are gonna snag it for profit or gift so it sell at some point.
Old 10-15-20, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Stopped by a few stores while travelling yesterday only because I saw the BD/DVD sign in their window. Some leftovers inside - the only DVD of interest was the BBC show Intruders. I've added it to my large mountain of unwatched media.
Old 10-15-20, 03:05 PM

Im guessing some or many of us are in same boat as to have a collection cause media cheap and have only watched a small amount cause busy with anything else so it waits for us to see or just donate to a place for space lol. i have seen 1 recent or just check it out for extras any. besides just dt i have snagged some good from variety places since only got 1 dt close by and no car to score more from other stores far away besides 1 i went to even thought my foot was jacked up at time but was test to see what can handle at time and proved it not worth walking so far with bad foot if can get any closer to home. i see what i got can replace cable or streaming anytime since only watch news any for weather or see tv for sports maybe now days. so have my stash as backup and unload or donate any i really see noth worth keeping later.
Old 10-17-20, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by cabler30
Im guessing some or many of us are in same boat as to have a collection cause media cheap and have only watched a small amount cause busy with anything else so it waits for us to see or just donate to a place for space lol. i have seen 1 recent or just check it out for extras any. besides just dt i have snagged some good from variety places since only got 1 dt close by and no car to score more from other stores far away besides 1 i went to even thought my foot was jacked up at time but was test to see what can handle at time and proved it not worth walking so far with bad foot if can get any closer to home. i see what i got can replace cable or streaming anytime since only watch news any for weather or see tv for sports maybe now days. so have my stash as backup and unload or donate any i really see noth worth keeping later.
I'd almost never hit on any DVD jackpots at Dollar Tree if I could only visit one location. The media inventory is just too erratic from store to store, even in the big waves. Most of the DVDs at Dollar Tree are not worth injuring your foot.
Old 10-17-20, 05:49 PM

Yea, i doing a no buy for month now seeing how if not get to when first get stocked and picked over by workers any before hand. i have scored some good stuff but as say not worth adding to already healing foot. gotta go back to doc later cause got plantar foot or fasitis how ever u spell the fancy name lol. so may have to do surgery as a boss said and idk till go back ffew months cause run into holidays so i guess many patients to see and time off for holidays any so like delays anything till after turkey day and before xmas. if any surgery not sure it even happen before xmas or after cause gotta wait for him make time to do so any later. till then i do the noted steps ea day and deal with any random pain from walking so much any. it not mass pain but tolerable compared to others who gotta deal with more anytime.
Old 11-23-20, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My local store had an endcap full of all the Black Friday media out when I stopped by mid-afternoon today. Significantly more DVDs than BDs.

If you are interested in DVDs, I'm guessing you could find something to take home with you.

Lots of BBC stuff (Earth/Blue Planet, etc), animated titles (Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures, Lego Nexo Knights: Season 1, Top Cat, Batman)

A couple of TV shows -- Sherlock Holmes (I've seen that at DT before) and season one of Sinbad.

Old 11-26-20, 03:34 AM

I may recheck on thursday but if none by chance then no shock, but if bunch then got add to basket and recheck any real want. but if no want then can try check biglot again for their stuff and see how it goes.
Old 11-26-20, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I thought DT was one of stores closed on Turkeyday now. So just took a quick look and
grabbed mostly blu-rays and did not have time to look through all the DVDS... Maybe tomorrow .
Had just one game. Titanfall 2 Xbox one

The Devil's Candy
And a Lego show for my kids

Old 11-26-20, 11:36 PM

I went late kinda and thought maybe be open, but guess they closed early or just did cause some or many closed early or just took day off by chance cause pandemic chaos affecting many places. so i tried and even tried 99 cent store and they also early or just closed so got my walk in for today lol. try go early friday and hope got alot good stuff cause by chance if was closed then be a lot good stuff to score by chance. almost went to biglots cause they was only open half day but didnt cause wanted to relax for most part and can wait till check dt first if any. since biglot ad for few days so can check after dt if not get a lot by chance.
Old 11-27-20, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went out this morning....nothing out yet!
Old 11-27-20, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ReelFlick
Went out this morning....nothing out yet!
Did you ask an employee? Granted, many times they have no idea what's going on.

I stopped by 2 stores today. One had nothing out. When I inquired about it, the lady went to look and came out with 10 boxes on a dolly. They were clearly marked to be put out on 11/27/20.
Old 11-28-20, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My usual store finally put the DVDs and BDs out on Friday. Nothing too thrilling beyond the scattered Blu-rays from WB. Lots of DVDs this time from the usual Dollar Tree suspects.
Old 11-28-20, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Found a different location with better selections. Some Magnolia/Magnet and Echo Bridge BDs mixed in with a wide array of DVDs. Found Bitten (Syfy) Season two on DVD.
Old 12-01-20, 05:07 PM

I think some or all stores get some or none dpends on what traffic they get and if they are aware of media the store get any. so it hit and miss cause not sure what place get and how many copies of any media at time. i just try be aware and grab any gold by chance. we all like different stuff so we all not gonna grab the same stuff. like some genre or themes i liked in past i not like as much now since classic stuff is all done and now most stuff now is made by like indie fil makers any. so a lot u see at dt may not really see at walmart or biglots a lot. and thrift or pawnshops may get from anyone who need cash more then the media at time. but think like any place u get a mix of collectors and resellers by chance. so snag what u can if want that bad.
Old 12-01-20, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Discovered The House Without A Christmas Tree DVD when checking out a Dollar Tree I'm always disappointed in. 70's holiday movie starring Jason Robards from Paramount. A few random holiday movies seem to be included in this latest batch.
Old 12-04-20, 01:42 AM

I may recheck incase they held out for any reason and guess be picked over before i get to it by chance. i can tell it has been cause traffic does not seem to keep the area decent as they try decide what get lol. i mean what so hard about stacking or leaving it like a roledex style setup to be able read sides and check instead of scattering the media as if it ur room lol. i have even tried to fix stuff to make easier to check any i may want like volunteer straightening lol. i seem to think some are idk challenged or think too hard to make it easier to check by moving stuff around and repeg any so can check stuff easier. just how i see things is all. i mean no on has told me i cant try to straighten area so easier find stuff lol.
Old 12-08-20, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

During the weekend, I tried the Dollar Tree in the town next to me and was set to get Shout's Charlie Says & Killer Klowns BD. But the insanely long lines caused me to put them back & take off.
But earlier today, My local DT finally got some boxes in. Ended up getting Yakuza Apocalypse (A blind-buy that I debated getting at the other store) and The Institute (Saw this on Tubi a few months back and liked it)
Old 12-08-20, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cabler30
I may recheck incase they held out for any reason and guess be picked over before i get to it by chance. i can tell it has been cause traffic does not seem to keep the area decent as they try decide what get lol. i mean what so hard about stacking or leaving it like a roledex style setup to be able read sides and check instead of scattering the media as if it ur room lol. i have even tried to fix stuff to make easier to check any i may want like volunteer straightening lol. i seem to think some are idk challenged or think too hard to make it easier to check by moving stuff around and repeg any so can check stuff easier. just how i see things is all. i mean no on has told me i cant try to straighten area so easier find stuff lol.
Some locations are terrible at keeping their aisles tidy. They just dump boxes anywhere and seemingly have no plan allocating new merchandise in a timely manner.
Old 12-09-20, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
During the weekend, I tried the Dollar Tree in the town next to me and was set to get Shout's Charlie Says & Killer Klowns BD. But the insanely long lines caused me to put them back & take off.
But earlier today, My local DT finally got some boxes in. Ended up getting Yakuza Apocalypse (A blind-buy that I debated getting at the other store) and The Institute (Saw this on Tubi a few months back and liked it)
The Black Friday batches are still coming in? I haven't bothered to check any DT's this time around. Perhaps I should.
Old 12-09-20, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

The store closest to me just put them out in the last week. I went there to get some Xmas cards and they had an endcap full of mostly dvds and some Blu-rays. Mostly Warner Bros stuff, a lot with Walmart stickers, probably from their dump bin. I got 3 dvds, 2 of which I am now wondering why I bought: Martha's Homemade Holidays (Martha Stewart) and a Harry Potter DVD game you play on your dvd player. The Martha disc was in a snapper case, which I haven't seen in ages and I don't know anything (or care) about Harry Potter. I saw the first HP movie when it was first released on home video, but that's it. I'll probably donate both of those to Goodwill. The other one was a collection of 15 Academy-Award-winning Warner Bros cartoons. I hope they are not edited. There's a "Speedy Gonzales" on there, so I assume not. Also got a couple of Blu-rays.
Old 12-10-20, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In terms of sheer quantity, this current wave is one of the biggest. Most stores seem to have gotten in over 15 boxes of media (mostly DVD with a scattering of BD) over the past three weeks. Some locations put them all out at once, while I would say most stores held a few boxes back for space reasons.
Old 12-10-20, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Quatermass
and a Harry Potter DVD game you play on your dvd player. The Martha disc was in a snapper case, which I haven't seen in ages and I don't know anything (or care) about Harry Potter. I saw the first HP movie when it was first released on home video, but that's it..
Funny you mentioned Harry Potter. I have completely ignored it (film & book). Recently there were some good sales on the compete blu box, so I bit at $26. Currently watching the 1st one & deciding if I like it. So far my thinking is it's easy to watch, though geared at children. I hope I end up enjoying it, 8 movies is a lot to think about watching if I don't.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 12-11-20 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-12-20, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Funny you mentioned Harry Potter. I have completely ignored it (film & book). Recently there were some good sales on the compete blu box, so I bit at $26. Currently watching the 1st one & deciding if I like it. So far my thinking is it's easy to watch, though geared at children. I hope I end up enjoying it, 8 movies is a lot to think about watching if I don't.
Harry Potter has been described as the dullest movie franchise to ever succeed at the box office.
Old 12-13-20, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Harry Potter has been described as the dullest movie franchise to ever succeed at the box office.
Duller than Pirates (POC)?

​​​

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.