DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Old 04-15-10, 06:30 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,373
Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Grabbed this off the shelf (marked) or $9.99. It had a sticker to get $10 off the Complete Series of Mental, but my Target did not carry it (I checked and it's online only - why the hell is there a Target exclusive sticker on it? Ugh).
Gizmo is offline  
Old 04-15-10, 06:37 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,216
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

I seen this also. I asked and they said they had Mental when it first came out but no longer carry it.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 04-15-10, 06:46 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,373
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
I seen this also. I asked and they said they had Mental when it first came out but no longer carry it.
That makes sense. Was hoping it was $10 as well making both $5 each. Oh well.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 04-15-10, 10:09 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,394
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Thanks for the heads-up! I gotta grab this next time I am near a Target
gotrice487 is offline  
Old 04-16-10, 04:27 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,667
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Will try to get this tonight. Thanks Gizmo.
jjcool is offline  
Old 04-16-10, 04:57 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 219
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Thanks op. Was waiting for a good price on this. Picked it up today.
marald is offline  
Old 04-16-10, 05:02 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
boc4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The edge of insanity
Posts: 2,817
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
I seen this also. I asked and they said they had Mental when it first came out but no longer carry it.
This is true. I picked it up the first week of release with the $10 sticker and I think they were both $19.99
boc4ever is offline  
Old 04-16-10, 08:16 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
I seen this also. I asked and they said they had Mental when it first came out but no longer carry it.
That sounds mental...

Thanks, OP. For 10 bucks, I'll give this show a try--I've been meaning to. Is it a temporary price cut, or is it on sale this week? If its a temp. cut, when does it end?
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 04-16-10, 09:47 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 72
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

It's a really funny show, and a great blind buy guys.

It's a shame that season 2 is pretty much guaranteed to be its last (no official announcement, but the main cast are all attached to new pilots, and the prognosis is not good).

Last edited by leitmotif; 04-17-10 at 11:48 PM. Reason: grammer
leitmotif is offline  
Old 04-17-10, 06:13 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 92
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Thanks for posting Gizmo, I picked one up today!
macontosh2000 is offline  
Old 04-17-10, 07:34 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,373
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
That sounds mental...

Thanks, OP. For 10 bucks, I'll give this show a try--I've been meaning to. Is it a temporary price cut, or is it on sale this week? If its a temp. cut, when does it end?
Not temp, but likely won't last once it's all sold out (it had a normal $9.99 tag and not the big 'PRICE CUT' one). The Pilot and second episode are not that great, but it quickly changes gear. The episode about the lights not registering black people is

I hope Fox brings out the second season. I'm still waiting on Dollhouse and that likely has a bigger following (Whedon) over this.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 04-17-10, 09:14 PM
  #12  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 31
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Nice deal. Thanks.
mecca138 is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 12:00 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 755
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

just had the gf swing by target and nab the last copy for me... thanks OP
JoN8282 is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 12:47 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,989
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Of course.. after I bought it at BB for $15.. and have opened and watched it..
b2net is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 12:53 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,373
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Of course.. after I bought it at BB for $15.. and have opened and watched it..
Just buy it from Target and return it to Best Buy with your receipt.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 01:06 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,001
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Just got it, thanks for the heads up OP. This was my favorite new show last year, it sux that it is pretty much guaranteed not to make it past season two.
joltman is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 04:15 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Surfinhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 866
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Managed to find a copy today. Thanks OP!
Surfinhank is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 08:50 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 91
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
The Pilot and second episode are not that great, but it quickly changes gear. The episode about the lights not registering black people is
Agreed. A friend showed me this and the first episode I saw was Jabberwocky--it was hilarious. I then proceded to watch the Pilot after having bought it at BB for $15 as well and thought, "Well this is pretty funny..."

Those are the only 2 episodes I've seen thus far, but I'm told it only gets better!
stardork13 is offline  
Old 04-18-10, 09:18 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by stardork13 View Post
Agreed. A friend showed me this and the first episode I saw was Jabberwocky--it was hilarious. I then proceded to watch the Pilot after having bought it at BB for $15 as well and thought, "Well this is pretty funny..."

Those are the only 2 episodes I've seen thus far, but I'm told it only gets better!
It does keep getting better, sadly we still have yet to see the final two episodes of season 2. I doubt we will see them before it eventually gets released on dvd.
vmars is offline  
Old 04-19-10, 10:08 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 370
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

*mr. burns voice*

excellent...
JediMindTricks is offline  
Old 04-19-10, 10:17 AM
  #21  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,228
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Picked it up last night, complete blind buy. Reston store has two copies left.
Trevor is offline  
Old 04-19-10, 01:16 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 370
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

thanks, OP!

picked up a copy at the galleria locatione. there's one left now.
JediMindTricks is offline  
Old 04-19-10, 01:30 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

I was at Target yesterday and didn't know about this deal... if I had known who knows if I would've caved like Trevor with a complete blind buy of this letting ocd get the best of me again. For me it's not worth making a trip back to Target for a series I know nothing about. If I happen to make it by one this week and I remember, I'll look.

I'm sure Magnum PI, Kate & Allie, and some other $8 Big Lots series or the ones that Deep Discount has for cheap (like Starsky & Hutch) have some good moments too. There's just too much out there to keep up with, so to keep from going crazy I've got to pass on stuff I don't know about. Ignorance is bliss?
Manzana is offline  
Old 04-19-10, 03:03 PM
  #24  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,228
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I was at Target yesterday and didn't know about this deal... if I had known who knows if I would've caved like Trevor with a complete blind buy of this letting ocd get the best of me again. For me it's not worth making a trip back to Target for a series I know nothing about. If I happen to make it by one this week and I remember, I'll look.

I'm sure Magnum PI, Kate & Allie, and some other $8 Big Lots series or the ones that Deep Discount has for cheap (like Starsky & Hutch) have some good moments too. There's just too much out there to keep up with, so to keep from going crazy I've got to pass on stuff I don't know about. Ignorance is bliss?
I need to adopt this method.

I organized my TV sets the other day, did a very rough season count, and think I'm up to around 500. I watch 3 or 4 seasons a month, so it will take me about 14 years to watch everything once, IF I stop buying new stuff.

I just now did that math, and think that this is moment where I realize I have a problem.
Trevor is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 10:23 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Better Off Ted (Season One) - $9.99 at Target

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I need to adopt this method.

I organized my TV sets the other day, did a very rough season count, and think I'm up to around 500. I watch 3 or 4 seasons a month, so it will take me about 14 years to watch everything once, IF I stop buying new stuff.

I just now did that math, and think that this is moment where I realize I have a problem.
Crap. Did you have to point this logic out to me? At least you are actually watching 3-4 seasons a month! I am watching a lot of movies, but rarely take the time to watch TV series. Once summer hits, and there is less to watch on TV, I'll try to make up for lost time. But I know I'll never get caught up with everything I own TV-season-wise... Hell, I likely won't ever take the time to get them ORGANIZED like you did. I do have related seasons with each other, but otherwise it is random, not alphabetical or by genre or anything.

BTW, Better Off Ted is still out there in stores near me. I've seen this at 3 of the 4 Targets I went to in the past few days. They were all labeled 9.99 on the shelf, but there was only 1 copy at 2 stores, 2 copies at the 3rd store. The 4th store didn't even have a shelf tag for it.... But for anyone interested, they may still be out there...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-20-10 at 10:30 AM.
kenbenobi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.