Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Old 03-20-10, 11:08 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hell
Posts: 345
Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Today I bought New Moon and Twilight in Forks, and got a $5 gift card and used a $5off Coupon. Here I'll show you.

Receipt:

N.M. DVD - $20
Forks DVD - $10
Total - $30

w/ $5 off Coupon: $25
w/ Free Gift Card: $20

Then Return Forks DVD get back $9

Total: $11

~~
Returned my Forks DVD and got $9.05 back.
thelonelyisland is offline  
Old 03-20-10, 11:10 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,201
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

:facepalm:
iNCREDiPiNOY is offline  
Old 03-20-10, 11:21 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 238
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

I think the "Returned my Forks DVD and got $9.05 back" part of this transaction, will kill the deal for most people.
ericn101 is offline  
Old 03-20-10, 11:22 PM
  #4  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 36,782
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

nah.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 02:01 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back. I have no intention of returning anything. Suggesting that we do that isn't really a legitimate deal...

But I am curious why you got $9.05 back for Forks. I didn't think you could return anything that generated a free gift card without having to pay for the GC in full, but based on your amount, it sounds like they pro-rate it...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 03-21-10 at 02:04 AM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 03:11 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 4,137
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back. I have no intention of returning anything. Suggesting that we do that isn't really a legitimate deal...

But I am curious why you got $9.05 back for Forks. I didn't think you could return anything that generated a free gift card without having to pay for the GC in full, but based on your amount, it sounds like they pro-rate it...
I asked my friend who works at target if this would work and he was told that at the store he works at you had to return the entire "twilight package" (the gift card, DVD and twilight in forks) to make an exchange.
critterdvd is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 05:25 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Posts: 1,027
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

are you assuming that everybody has gift card? and where can i get the coupon?
newginafets is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 06:47 AM
  #8  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,239
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by critterdvd View Post
I asked my friend who works at target if this would work and he was told that at the store he works at you had to return the entire "twilight package" (the gift card, DVD and twilight in forks) to make an exchange.
He is wrong. The receipt says that you must return the entire package, but if you return part of it the system automatically pro-rates it.
Originally Posted by newginafets View Post
are you assuming that everybody has gift card? and where can i get the coupon?
No, everyone who buys the package at Target gets a $5 giftcard.

The coupons are all over this site, look for them in the various twilight, coupon, and redplum threads.
Trevor is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 09:48 AM
  #9  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Royersford, PA
Posts: 1,033
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Why don't you use the $16.00 off redplum.com coupon and get it for a lot less?
dkedvd is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 10:31 AM
  #10  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,239
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
Why don't you use the $16.00 off redplum.com coupon and get it for a lot less?
That coupon is meant for when you buy all four titles shown. At most stores it won't scan automatically, and many will say that it is fraud if you use it for one title.
Trevor is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 11:15 AM
  #11  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 36,782
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
He is wrong. The receipt says that you must return the entire package, but if you return part of it the system automatically pro-rates it.

No, everyone who buys the package at Target gets a $5 giftcard.

The coupons are all over this site, look for them in the various twilight, coupon, and redplum threads.
and can't you not use the GC on the same item it was given for? what a misleading/stupid original post.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 11:25 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,216
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
He is wrong. The receipt says that you must return the entire package, but if you return part of it the system automatically pro-rates it.
On my receipt it says:
Refund value for BD Twilight $16.66
Refund value for Twilight $8.32

I have a question, a friend picked these up for me and I actually wanted the 3 disc instead of blu. Can I return New Moon BD without receipt and get 3 disc or does Target require receipts? Just asking because I figured the price might go up this week.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 11:33 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 1,819
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

From personal experience every Target I've ever shopped at won't even let you in the door to return something (especially electronics) without a receipt. YMMV
Mr.Briggs is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 11:34 AM
  #14  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Royersford, PA
Posts: 1,033
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
That coupon is meant for when you buy all four titles shown. At most stores it won't scan automatically, and many will say that it is fraud if you use it for one title.
I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times). But if you don't want to save $16.00 that's up to you. And its not fraud. Its a badly worded coupon. If it said "buy all for of these titles together and save $16.00" then I would say yes. But just says "Save $16.00 when you buy" and listing the four titles. Sure you can put two and two together and figure out what they want you to do but since it doesn't actually say that you NEED to buy all four its poor wording on their part. Even the manger at Target said to me that there was no way of telling from what was written on the coupon whether or not you HAD to buy all four or could just use it per title.

Last edited by dkedvd; 03-21-10 at 11:58 AM.
dkedvd is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 12:08 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 14,314
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs View Post
From personal experience every Target I've ever shopped at won't even let you in the door to return something (especially electronics) without a receipt. YMMV
We've returned stuff, hassle-free, without receipts numerous times at Target. We paid with a debit card, and they simply swipe the same card to issue the credit. Never had any type of problem.
cdollaz is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 12:47 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 627
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
We've returned stuff, hassle-free, without receipts numerous times at Target. We paid with a debit card, and they simply swipe the same card to issue the credit. Never had any type of problem.
That's different. If they have the purchasing debit or credit card, they can use it to look up the transaction for you.
SPRBD is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 02:23 PM
  #17  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,239
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs View Post
From personal experience every Target I've ever shopped at won't even let you in the door to return something (especially electronics) without a receipt. YMMV
I've never seen a Target where they have anyone at the door, and I've been to at least 30 all over the country.

And they even have it written into their policy that you can return things without a receipt.
Trevor is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 02:30 PM
  #18  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,239
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times). But if you don't want to save $16.00 that's up to you. And its not fraud. Its a badly worded coupon. If it said "buy all for of these titles together and save $16.00" then I would say yes. But just says "Save $16.00 when you buy" and listing the four titles. Sure you can put two and two together and figure out what they want you to do but since it doesn't actually say that you NEED to buy all four its poor wording on their part. Even the manger at Target said to me that there was no way of telling from what was written on the coupon whether or not you HAD to buy all four or could just use it per title.
Why do you need six copies?

But anyway, I was posting the obvious. The coupon is meant for all four titles purchased together, stores will possibly not get reimbursed for them, so if they want to refuse them, we shouldn't have any problem with that.

Also, many people will morally refuse to even try to use the coupon. And we shouldn't be upset with them.

Personally, I used it once, but wouldn't argue if they declined it.

People who try to take advantage of obvious misprints or glitches in the system, and then complain about stores trying to protect themselves really make me mad. Not addressing you personally, just the idiots with the sense of entitlement.
Trevor is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 03:10 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,659
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Why do you need six copies?
I don't think he meant he bought six copies of the same flick, but that he has used the $16 off coupon a total of six times (on different items, since four titles are shown for it)....maybe he got Astroboy on DVD one time, the Bandslam DVD the next time, then Astroboy on BD, then different store exclusives for New Moon on DVD and BD??
WMAangel is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 03:12 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,952
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I'm not sure what $5 coupon you are referring to, but I used the redplum $16 coupon on New Moon BD, and $3 coupon for Forks, so I saved $19 plus got the $5 GC back...
So to be clear, you were out the door for $11 with 2 movies and a $5 gift card?
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 06:03 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 5,952
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times). But if you don't want to save $16.00 that's up to you. And its not fraud. Its a badly worded coupon. If it said "buy all for of these titles together and save $16.00" then I would say yes. But just says "Save $16.00 when you buy" and listing the four titles. Sure you can put two and two together and figure out what they want you to do but since it doesn't actually say that you NEED to buy all four its poor wording on their part. Even the manger at Target said to me that there was no way of telling from what was written on the coupon whether or not you HAD to buy all four or could just use it per title.
Wow. I just printed that coupon out and I can't imagine my Target will let me get away with that.

The titles are clearly separated by commas, which in my mind, means all 4 must be bought simultaneously.

Of course it won't stop me from trying.
BuckNaked2k is offline  
Old 03-21-10, 06:23 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hell
Posts: 345
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
So to be clear, you were out the door for $11 with 2 movies and a $5 gift card?
No, Twilight 3-Disc Only and $5 gift card.

Twilight & Forks: $30 [for both]
Redplum: $5 off
Giftcard: $5
Total: $20
Return Forks: $11 (for New Moon 3-Disc)
thelonelyisland is offline  
Old 03-22-10, 03:16 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
I've (and many others on here) have used that coupon multiple times. Target & Walmart for me (6 times).
Wait a sec. I'll forgo even asking why you would use it six times. I just want to know how you printed it six times. Don't you get an "already printed" message from their site?

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
We've returned stuff, hassle-free, without receipts numerous times at Target. We paid with a debit card, and they simply swipe the same card to issue the credit. Never had any type of problem.
Lucky. I've only had to return a few things, and I swear I think I would have an easier time going through airport security with a turban on my head and an AK-47 strapped to my back.

Also, I'd like to point out that the $5.00 and $10.00 coupons use the wording "Plus one/any two of the following," but the $16.00 coupon does not. It's implied, of course, but for some reason they didn't spell it out the way they did with the lesser-valued coupons.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 03-22-10, 08:39 AM
  #24  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Royersford, PA
Posts: 1,033
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
Wait a sec. I'll forgo even asking why you would use it six times. I just want to know how you printed it six times. Don't you get an "already printed" message from their site?
Why? There were four titles so that's already four and my twin cousins b-days were this weekend got so that's two more. And to print 6 coupons I used my comp, my wife's comp, & my work comp.

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
Also, I'd like to point out that the $5.00 and $10.00 coupons use the wording "Plus one/any two of the following," but the $16.00 coupon does not. It's implied, of course, but for some reason they didn't spell it out the way they did with the lesser-valued coupons.
Yes, its strange. But good for us.
dkedvd is offline  
Old 03-22-10, 10:12 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Get 'New Moon' 3-Disc Edition for less than $12 at Target!

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
So to be clear, you were out the door for $11 with 2 movies and a $5 gift card?
Yes and no. I could have paid $11 out the door if I bought the SD, but I bought the BD so it was $16 out the door...
kenbenobi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.