DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Old 02-19-10, 02:22 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 926
Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Copied from here: http://www.totallytarget.com/2010/02...227/#more-7830


Value DVDís $4.75
Matilda
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
Green Eggs & Ham
Corpse Bride

Tune In Tuesday
The Informant! $16.99,
The Box $17.99
Flash Forward, Season 1 Part 1 $19.99
Nurse Jackie, Season 1 Ė $24.99
Justice League, Crisis On Two Earths $12.99, Deluxe DVD $16.99,
Everybodyís Fine $19.99
The Vampires Assistant $17.99
Texan26 is offline  
Old 02-19-10, 07:42 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 264
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Seriously? A split season dvd of Flash Forward? Last ditch effort to bump ratings and save the show after they give it a killer (literally I fear) hiatus. I actually like the show, but who is going to buy a split season dvd when its future would appear (I have no facts) to be in doubt?
LostFan is offline  
Old 02-19-10, 07:47 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 193
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Originally Posted by LostFan View Post
Seriously? A split season dvd of Flash Forward? Last ditch effort to bump ratings and save the show after they give it a killer (literally I fear) hiatus. I actually like the show, but who is going to buy a split season dvd when its future would appear (I have no facts) to be in doubt?
What's worse is that they've already announced a full season set for Flash Forward and have a coupon for the August release:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fla...Season-1/13349
adam_omega is offline  
Old 02-19-10, 09:44 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 434
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Originally Posted by LostFan View Post
Seriously? A split season dvd of Flash Forward? Last ditch effort to bump ratings and save the show after they give it a killer (literally I fear) hiatus. I actually like the show, but who is going to buy a split season dvd when its future would appear (I have no facts) to be in doubt?
Split seasons seem to be the new trend. I noticed they did the same thing with "Glee." I guess the studios figure why wait for the current season to finish when you could be making precious money on the first 12 episodes?
redskull is offline  
Old 02-19-10, 10:58 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,406
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Originally Posted by redskull View Post
Split seasons seem to be the new trend. I noticed they did the same thing with "Glee." I guess the studios figure why wait for the current season to finish when you could be making precious money on the first 12 episodes?
Both shows start the 'final half' of the season pretty late so rather than let he show sit, they release on DVD to keep current fans interested and maybe rake in some new ones.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-20-10, 08:57 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 394
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

seems The Box is cheaper at Target as opposed to BB. I think I'll get it from Target.
kristina is offline  
Old 02-20-10, 11:49 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,353
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Originally Posted by redskull View Post
Split seasons seem to be the new trend. I noticed they did the same thing with "Glee." I guess the studios figure why wait for the current season to finish when you could be making precious money on the first 12 episodes?
I hate to say it, but I think you may just end up seeing more and more Split seasons. On top of that, I wouldn't necessarily count on there being complete season sets when they do this, either.

At least the price on half season for Flash Forward isn't too bad. If the second half costs the same amount, then it'd be what you'd pay for a whole season, anyway - unlike some other split season sets that were practically full season cost.
Rocketdog2000 is offline  
Old 02-21-10, 02:18 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000 View Post
I hate to say it, but I think you may just end up seeing more and more Split seasons. On top of that, I wouldn't necessarily count on there being complete season sets when they do this, either.

At least the price on half season for Flash Forward isn't too bad. If the second half costs the same amount, then it'd be what you'd pay for a whole season, anyway - unlike some other split season sets that were practically full season cost.
Well with FlashForward it looks like they'll be putting out a full season set come August. There will be a $15 dollar coupon for it as well. I doubt they will release a separate set for the second half of the season as well. I'm really hoping that they do the same with Glee as well.
vmars is offline  
Old 02-21-10, 09:06 AM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 79
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Superjail is missing from their list. I hope it's out this Tuesday.
Swiski is offline  
Old 02-21-10, 01:33 PM
  #10  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,719
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Weekly comparison thread/tables complete.
Trevor is offline  
Old 02-23-10, 10:06 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
BlockbusterDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 551
Re: Target Weekly Ad 2-21 - 2-27, 2010

Here's this week's ad scan...

BlockbusterDude is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.