Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '09

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 12:23 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Right Stuf 12+ Days of Anime Savings @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until midnight, December 18th. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

Day 1:Day 2:Day 3:Day 4:Day 5:Day 6:Day 7:Day 8:Day 9:Day 10:Day 11:

Last edited by WTK; 12-10-09 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-10-09, 08:56 AM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Originally Posted by Raye
Originally Posted by carnage6
I love all the Rightstuf deals and I've placed 3 orders so far but the only thing that bothers me is that not one has shipped. It's been like 2 weeks and everything is still on backorder. Is Rightstuf always this slow?
Not sure about most other people, but it always takes a while for me. I usually have to wait about a week before the order is processed and I receive shipping notification. Though it's not like I'm complaining because I've been shopping with TRSI for years and have only had one problem among the many orders I made, which was promptly addressed by Shawne himself.
It may also hinge on when and/or what you order. If it's one of those 12+ Days deals (or any of their bigger sales), there is a good chance it's waiting for more inventory to come in (even more likely for the bundles). The earlier that your order, the high probility that you will get your order sooner rather than later. If you have more questions, I'm sure their customer service is willing to answer (when the weather cooperates). And also here is their FAQ on Product Availability.
Old 12-10-09, 09:16 AM
WTK

Up to 60% Off Gifts in Movies & TV @ Amazon.com (Expires 12/22/09)

Scattered selections includes:

Last edited by WTK; 12-10-09 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-10-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

HamiltonBook.com has Ninja Scroll: The Series--Ultimate Collection (tin box one with the action figure) for 17.95.
Old 12-10-09, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
HamiltonBook.com has Ninja Scroll: The Series--Ultimate Collection (tin box one with the action figure) for 17.95.
Another thing I wish I could order but I can't since I'm in Canada. Same thing with the anime deals on buy.com.
Old 12-10-09, 11:29 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)
Old 12-11-09, 12:18 AM
WTK

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until midnight, December 18th. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Day 1:Day 2:Day 3:Day 4:Day 5:Day 6:Day 7:Day 8:Day 9:Day 10:Day 11:Day 12:Black Friday Bargains (Still Active)

Last edited by WTK; 12-11-09 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-11-09, 02:42 AM

How many "Bundles of Joy" did RightStuf end up doing last year? I want to hold off on placing my order until everything's all out on the table. Coming up with $49 a second time around would be too difficult.

Last edited by RedTail; 12-11-09 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-11-09, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by RedTail
How many "Bundles of Joy" did RightStuf end up doing last year? I want to hold off on placing my order until everything's all out on the table. Coming up with $49 a second time around would be too difficult.
I expect them to give a few more bundles of joy tomorrow. The show ends the 18th.
Old 12-11-09, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by extatix
I expect them to give a few more bundles of joy tomorrow. The show ends the 18th.
I don't think you quite understand.

Two years ago, the "12 Days of Christmas" became the "12+ Days of Christmas." On the 13th day of the sale, RightStuf unleashed what they dubbed a "Bundle of Joy," which was basically a crapload of extra stuff added to the sale. For some reason though, I think I remember them doing two bundles last year (one on Day 13 and one on Day 14), but I'm not really sure.

At any rate, there's always a few days between the last group of sale items going live and the end of the sale. They won't be doing "18 Days of Christmas," or at least they haven't in the past.
Old 12-11-09, 05:55 AM

Two years ago, the "12 Days of Christmas" became the "12+ Days of Christmas." On the 13th day of the sale, RightStuf unleashed what they dubbed a "Bundle of Joy," which was basically a crapload of extra stuff added to the sale. For some reason though, I think I remember them doing two bundles last year (one on Day 13 and one on Day 14), but I'm not really sure.
According to the archive here (I'd post the link here, but I am not allowed yet) they did it it in one single day.
Old 12-11-09, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@ WTK, is there any coupon code for TRSI for orders about $170? I am a Got anime member but the six Funimaton half season sets I am getting are on sale for about 50% off each. I would love to bring the price down more.
Old 12-11-09, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31
@ WTK, is there any coupon code for TRSI for orders about $170? I am a Got anime member but the six Funimaton half season sets I am getting are on sale for about 50% off each. I would love to bring the price down more.
Sounds like a lot of the sets you are gettings (typically) can't be used with a coupon. Bargain bin items, weekly specials, etc., can not be purchased in conjunction with a coupon.
Old 12-11-09, 03:28 PM
WTK

Robert's Anime Corner Store Holiday Season Deal of the Weekend - Friday, December 11th
Save 45% off the MSRP on the Monster (Naoki Urasawa) DVD Box Set #1 (Eps #1-15)

From now until noon (EST) on Monday, December 14th you can purchase this DVD boxed set for a net price of only $32.99 - an additional $12 off our already discounted price (that's 45% off the MSRP of $59.98!) Just add it to your shopping cart - no coupon code necessary!

Coupon Code: NO COUPON CODE NEEDED
Old 12-11-09, 03:34 PM
WTK

I don't think you quite understand.

At any rate, there's always a few days between the last group of sale items going live and the end of the sale. They won't be doing "18 Days of Christmas," or at least they haven't in the past.
According to the archive here (I'd post the link here, but I am not allowed yet) they did it it in one single day.
It should be in one single day. It's hard to say what DLK will do, but I think one batch should be given. It remains to be seen if he will add another later on.

EDIT: via Twitter...RightStuf.com: Remember, we're unveiling a whole slew of items via tomorrow's "bundle of anime joy"...

Last edited by WTK; 12-11-09 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-11-09, 03:37 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley
Originally Posted by chrisc31
Sounds like a lot of the sets you are gettings (typically) can't be used with a coupon. Bargain bin items, weekly specials, etc., can not be purchased in conjunction with a coupon.
As Ralph_Furley said, most Bargain Bins / Closeout Items / Weekly Specials are not eligible for additional discounts. And the rule of thumb is the product listing has "Not Eligible For Additional Discounts" on the page, you can't use coupons and GA discount as well. Every now and then though a few gets slipped by.
Old 12-11-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
As Ralph_Furley said, most Bargain Bins / Closeout Items / Weekly Specials are not eligible for additional discounts. And the rule of thumb is the product listing has "Not Eligible For Additional Discounts" on the page, you can't use coupons and GA discount as well. Every now and then though a few gets slipped by.
Thanks, I did't know coupons was also not allowed. I just wanted to make sure before I ordered.
Old 12-12-09, 12:22 AM
WTK

Day 1:Day 2:Day 3:Day 4:Day 5:Day 6:Day 7:Day 8:Day 9:Day 10:Day 11:Day 12:Day 13:Black Friday Bargains (Still Active)

Last edited by WTK; 12-12-09 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-12-09, 09:08 AM
Cool New Member

Only got the Haruhi bundle and the Ah My Goddess premium set (which I've been waiting forever to go on sale). Nice Christmas presents to myself!

Thanks WTK for posting the deals!
Old 12-12-09, 01:27 PM

Haruhi LE's, Licensed by Royalty, Hell Girl, Initial D & Baki the Grappler. That's it for this year
Old 12-12-09, 08:38 PM

any known differences between the Vexille bluray on sale now and the new one in next year?
Old 12-12-09, 09:44 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Panko
any known differences between the Vexille bluray on sale now and the new one in next year?
First of all, it's still unknown if this Viridian release actually will get released. The only thing known is that it's repriced and has a different cover art versus the original release. We should/may know more about this with the upcoming weeks.
Old 12-13-09, 12:53 AM
WTK

50% off Select Media Blasters Titles @ BestBuy.com

Discount taken off from BestBuy.com's listed price. 755 eligible titles including anime & live-action. If the link fails try this and click on link that says 50% off.

Last edited by WTK; 12-13-09 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-13-09, 01:10 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
50% off Select Media Blasters Titles @ BestBuy.com

Discount taken off from BestBuy.com's listed price. 755 eligible titles including anime & live-action. If the link fails try this and click on link that says 50% off.
I highly recommend people to look @ this sale. Virtually most (if not all) MB titles are 50% off BB's listed price. Something like this doesn't happen very often...
Old 12-13-09, 01:46 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
I highly recommend people to look @ this sale. Virtually most (if not all) MB titles are 50% off BB's listed price. Something like this doesn't happen very often...
Arggggh! So much stuff!!!! What's a good deal here?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.