DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Black Friday Question

Old 11-25-09, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Wal-Mart Black Friday Question

^If the item matches *exactly* I'd try anyway, doorbuster or not. Worst case scenario is you'll get denied and if they do the match it's one less store to visit.
Old 11-25-09, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
^If the item matches *exactly* I'd try anyway, doorbuster or not. Worst case scenario is you'll get denied and if they do the match it's one less store to visit.
True dat.
Old 11-25-09, 02:47 PM

I'm wondering if their will be an actual line for the dvds..??. In the years past, the displays are somewhere in the store and people hover around them , but I've never seen people waiting in line to get them.
Old 11-25-09, 03:04 PM

Can someone help me out with advise on the PS3 bundle, do y'all think it will last a while or should I get there way before normal people are waking up?
Old 11-25-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LoPan5705 View Post
I'm wondering if their will be an actual line for the dvds..??. In the years past, the displays are somewhere in the store and people hover around them , but I've never seen people waiting in line to get them.
No. Not for $2 DVDs. They'll have them stacked on pallets around the store, probably nowhere near the Electronics dept.
Old 11-25-09, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I went to my Walmart today and asked several employees questions. They all said they'd be pricematching and didn't make any mention of "no doorbusters". The only problem I foresee is if I'm there at 5 AM and I have an ad (like Kmart) that starts at 7 AM they could say no if they notice that. About 75% of the stuff I wanted was there, and I moved ones with fewer copies into more strategic locations (whether or not they'll still be there who knows). Hopefully with Amazon specials tomorrow and next day I'll only have about a dozen things I want to PM. I doubt there will be much I want (i.e. don't already have) in the $2 display at Walmart, and last year too large a portion of the cheapo DVDs were fool screen only. Hopefully I can be in and out of Walmart in 30 minutes.

My Best Buy also said they would be matching any and all BF ads (including doorbusters). I said "really?" in disbelief and the employee said that their store was the only 1 in the area to do PM'ing (perhaps because it's the newest). Since I don't plan on going to the mall and fighting lines there, I doubt it'll matter.
Old 11-26-09, 12:49 AM

Last year my Walmart didn't open until 5 AM. I think it will be the same this year. I saw the $2DVDs in the Black Friday ad, there's only 2 or 3 that I saw that I want. If its not raining like it has been for the past 3 weeks, I will go to the sale.
Old 11-26-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Speaking of Freddy Got Fingered, I got my copy for $3.88 at Wal-Mart about 6 Black Fridays ago- I think that was the first one where they had DVDs for under $4. I'm very proud to have it in my collection- I keep all the Razzie award winners together on the shelf (also have Gigli, White Chicks, Showgirls, and the very first winner, Can't Stop The Music).
Old 11-26-09, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I went to my Walmart today and asked several employees questions. They all said they'd be pricematching and didn't make any mention of "no doorbusters". The only problem I foresee is if I'm there at 5 AM and I have an ad (like Kmart) that starts at 7 AM they could say no if they notice that. About 75% of the stuff I wanted was there, and I moved ones with fewer copies into more strategic locations (whether or not they'll still be there who knows). Hopefully with Amazon specials tomorrow and next day I'll only have about a dozen things I want to PM. I doubt there will be much I want (i.e. don't already have) in the $2 display at Walmart, and last year too large a portion of the cheapo DVDs were fool screen only. Hopefully I can be in and out of Walmart in 30 minutes.
Now this is dedication!

I much prefer shopping from home, but I have to admire your logistical skill!