DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-12, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Warner Archive sales

Taken from the blu-ray.com DVD forum:

Use the code DEALS10 for $10 off $50. I'm not big on made on demand discs, but 5 for $40 is about as good a deal as I've seen on them.

NOTE: The 5 titles have to be priced $19.95 for the coupon to work.
Old 03-11-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b

Use the code DEALS10 for $10 off $50. I'm not big on made on demand discs, but 5 for $40 is about as good a deal as I've seen on them.

I finally managed to get it to work. Thanks!

Last edited by Gobear; 03-11-12 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-11-12, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b

I hadn't planned on ordering this time, but that last $10 inducement did it for me. I placed two orders using two different email accounts and got 10 for $80 plus tax.

Thanks for the coupon code.
Old 03-12-12, 09:44 AM

I tried placing an order numerous times yesterday and again today and this is the message I get:

Unfortunately there was a problem processing your order. Please try again in a few seconds or call customer service at 1-866-373-4389 for help. Thank you for your patience.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-12-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berigan
Diplomaniacs! I think your title would have been better though!
Darn spellchecker!

How has the quality been so far?
I only have the double-feature, and I'm no HD/bitrate/lossless fiend, but it looks pretty good to me considering the age of the films.

Doesn't look like they have put out Hips, Hips, Hooray out yet? Hips, Hips Hooray has about the best 3 minutes in pre code history!
I don't know if this is the three minutes you're talking about, but they're still pretty good:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zpfTjxlPoRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cute gals and great costumes! I would have sworn I had the complete film on my hard drive, but all I could find was this sample!

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Please someone post if any of the WHEELER & WOOLSEY pics have the trailers on them. Thanks.
Not on the double-feature, no.
Old 03-12-12, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went with the following for the 5/$50 deal, and may be so inclined to try the $5 off if it's still in play and works on the MGM stuff:

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Green Slime
Who is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? (I can never get that title right!)
From Hell it Came
Night School
Old 03-12-12, 12:41 PM

I ordered 7 titles and got them for $70. The sale only pertains to Warners and not the other studio products they handle
Old 03-19-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got this in my e-mail:

Special Notice: Due to technical difficulties, WB Insider Rewards points may temporarily not be redeemed for DVDs or Blu-rays. We'll be fixing as soon as possible, please pardon any inconvenience.

Thank You.

The WB Insider Rewards Team
Old 03-25-12, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has Warner Archive ever had a sale on the Sony disks it carries? There's a few there that I really want, but I keep waiting for a 5 for 50 type sale like Warner runs on its own product.
Old 03-25-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CrumpsBrother
Has Warner Archive ever had a sale on the Sony disks it carries? There's a few there that I really want, but I keep waiting for a 5 for 50 type sale like Warner runs on its own product.
WB Shop ran a 20% off Sony discs last year, but to my knowledge they have not yet offered a 5 for 50 deal. I would be so down for that if it ever happens.
Old 03-25-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CrumpsBrother
If you'll settle for a price in between, a lot of retailers carry these MOD discs cheaper than MSRP. Here's a price comparison on Nightwing. Importcds has most of the Sony MOD's at that price. And Deep Discount has a lot of them for $15.26. Since there's only 1 or 2 titles I want, I'd rather just get 1 DVD for $15 than 5 for $50.
Old 03-25-12, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Preterite
Darn spellchecker!

I only have the double-feature, and I'm no HD/bitrate/lossless fiend, but it looks pretty good to me considering the age of the films.

I don't know if this is the three minutes you're talking about, but they're still pretty good:
[CENTER]

Cute gals and great costumes! I would have sworn I had the complete film on my hard drive, but all I could find was this sample!

Not on the double-feature, no.
Yep, that's the clip! I am deeply in with several of those (then) young ladies....and very grateful to the costume designer, great work, whoever you were!
Old 04-12-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Old 04-12-12, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I came here to post about the sale, but coyoteblue beat me to it.

I do have a bit of added content, though. The sale is supposed to be for single discs only, but it looks like there's a glitch in the system that's applying the sale to sets, too. I placed an order for The Split, Thirteen Women, the WB Horror Mystery Double Features set, and the Thundarr the Barbarian set and was charged $44 and tax. Got an email confirmation just now, so hopefully the order will actually go through.
Old 04-12-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Knowing WB, it probably will go through.

Any coupons working right now?
Old 04-12-12, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Preterite
I came here to post about the sale, but coyoteblue beat me to it.

I do have a bit of added content, though. The sale is supposed to be for single discs only, but it looks like there's a glitch in the system that's applying the sale to sets, too. I placed an order for The Split, Thirteen Women, the WB Horror Mystery Double Features set, and the Thundarr the Barbarian set and was charged $44 and tax. Got an email confirmation just now, so hopefully the order will actually go through.
They must have fixed it because I can't get it to work. I can't even get it to work on single discs that don't appear to be on the list. (the Dobermans). I might bite on some of the HB sets if I can get this to work.
Old 04-12-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

just as an fyi, I picked up a WAC at a pawn shop today. just like the one i bought from Warner, this one also hides the blank disc manufacturer id code which is normally a bit embedded in the beginning of the disc.

My dvd identify program did flag it as a +. Ironically the one I ordered direct from Warner scanned very poorly, but this used one is scanning as a high quality burned disc.

I still would be a lot more comfortable if Warner wasn't hiding who manufactured the blank discs.
Old 04-12-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
They must have fixed it because I can't get it to work. I can't even get it to work on single discs that don't appear to be on the list. (the Dobermans).
Isn't that a double feature? In the past I've found that WB counts single-disc double features as multi-discs for their sales. In any case, it sounds like the glitch is gone, sadly.
Old 04-19-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

http://www.wbshop.com/category/on-sale/fire+sale.do

Nothing I need that I don't already have
Old 04-19-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does the Warner Archive ever release their sales figures ?, I wonder how many of these they actually sell, I bet the sales are starting to diminish.

First, they seem to be sending me a lot of emails with 25% off coupons and secondly these discs should be a hard sell at this point with the drop in price of blu rays.

Even this so called Fire Sale the prices are $11 ?????....a Fire Sale ?....how about $7 ?.....hell I can and have in the last few days bought Blu rays for under $7.
Old 04-19-12, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While you may have bought blu-rays for under $7, you can't buy these on blu-ray. Regular price dictates it's a fire sale, although we can wait and get them for $10 or less, that's why I laugh at it being a fire sale.
Old 06-21-12, 02:53 AM

DD has added an additional, one-time only extra 5% off coupon, good through 6/30: EXTRA5

It stacks on top of the 25% off for a total of 30% off.

It's not all that good a deal on the single disk Archive titles, but if you're looking for a multi-disc set, like a TV season, it's the best deal they've ever had.

Examples:

Gordon Scott Tarzans, $60 on Archive (never discounted below that on the Archive) on DD $44.24 (under $8 per title).

FBI TV, best sale price $30 on Archive; on DD $27.58

George Sanders Saint Collection, best sale price $22.50 on Archive; on DD $20.50 (just over $4 per title).

2-Disc (4 hour) miniseries; best price $15.00 on Archive; on DD $13.86
Old 06-21-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
DD has added an additional, one-time only extra 5% off coupon, good through 6/30: EXTRA5

It stacks on top of the 25% off for a total of 30% off.

It's not all that good a deal on the single disk Archive titles
DD raised the prices on the Warner Archive titles after my last (now-deleted) post! Bloody misleaders.

Thanks for the Extra5.
Old 06-21-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I have reason to believe that DD has software monitoring the site & constantly changes prices in real time depending on sales (both up & down).
Old 06-30-12, 02:10 PM

WB Archive has 4 for $44 on their single discs (except for the most recent) now through July 5. Free shipping included. I overspent on the DD sale, but if there are any coupon codes that work I might pick up a few more here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.