Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

Who has the best price for Zorro Walt Disney Treasures and how many tins are being issued?
Old 11-05-09, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price

Members of the Disney Movie Club can get it for $15.98 each with the current 60% off sale. This won't help if you're not a member or considering joining, but it gives an idea of the savings you can get. They offered Dr. Syn & Mickey Mouse Vol.4 at the same prices for a brief time about 3 months after they had disappeared from store shelves.

I think Amazon has them for $39.98 each shipped.
Old 11-05-09, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Members of the Disney Movie Club can get it for $15.98 each with the current 60% off sale. This won't help if you're not a member or considering joining, but it gives an idea of the savings you can get. They offered Dr. Syn & Mickey Mouse Vol.4 at the same prices for a brief time about 3 months after they had disappeared from store shelves.

I think Amazon has them for $39.98 each shipped.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to some on the Ultimate Disney site, the ones from
the club are not in tins but an orange box. Sellers on half.com
had them for $25 plus shipping. Wherehouse.com had them with
the 30% off code for less than Amazon.com

DG
Old 11-05-09, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ People on UD were confusing the original Club exclusive sets that were taken off the site quite a while back and the new tins. The new sets are the ones pictured on the site for $39.95. The old Movie Club exclusive sets (with colorized episodes) are no longer available.

However, creekdipper (maybe) should have mentioned that that 60%-off code is only available to some people. The best deal I have at the DMC right now is 50%-off all items in your order except for the most expensive one (only 25% off Blu-rays, though). So I can get one for $39.95 and the second for $19.98, and pay $8.42 shipping. Total is $68.35. Still a great deal, especially if you enrolled in the club and paid $25.90 for 7 DVDs. The Zorro sets will count as fulfillments to your account.
Old 11-05-09, 08:42 AM
Defunct Account

Re: Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

Wherehouse.com is sold out of both seasons now. They were $29.39 each + shipping ($4.50?) and tax after coupon. Now I think Amazon is your best bet.
Old 11-05-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$38.99 each at Costco.
Old 11-05-09, 11:58 AM

Price matched Wal-Mart's $36.86 online price at Best Buy (wanted to visually inspect tins and for RZ points).

Last edited by DVDSRFUN; 11-05-09 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I lucked out and preordered from Half.com. I ordered season 1 from one seller for $27.48 total and season 2 from another seller for $28.98 total. I've already received season 2 and it's legit. Of course, there is some risk ordering from Half.com or Amazon marketplace, as the sellers may try and sell you the Disney Rewards colorized versions.
Old 11-05-09, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked mine up at DeepDiscount for $38.89 each (no shipping/tax) - got them today.
Old 11-05-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

$36.99 at Amazon.com now.
Old 11-05-09, 05:39 PM

I think I read somewhere there are only 20,000 or 30,000 copies of each. So don't wait to long.

James
Old 11-05-09, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Supposedly 30,000 copies of each. Sounds about right based on past "treasures" releases.
Old 11-06-09, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheato
^ People on UD were confusing the original Club exclusive sets that were taken off the site quite a while back and the new tins. The new sets are the ones pictured on the site for $39.95. The old Movie Club exclusive sets (with colorized episodes) are no longer available.

However, creekdipper (maybe) should have mentioned that that 60%-off code is only available to some people. The best deal I have at the DMC right now is 50%-off all items in your order except for the most expensive one (only 25% off Blu-rays, though). So I can get one for $39.95 and the second for $19.98, and pay $8.42 shipping. Total is $68.35. Still a great deal, especially if you enrolled in the club and paid $25.90 for 7 DVDs. The Zorro sets will count as fulfillments to your account.

You are absolutely correct in noting the caveats with the Disney Club price I posted. I started to mention some of them myself, but the explanation got so convoluted that I thought I'd save it in case somebody wanted more info. To get 60% off, you do have to be a V.I.P. member (meaning that you've fulfilled your obligation). More importantly, as you noted, you do have to pay the full member's price for one item before getting others at 60% (same with Columbia House). In my case, I was buying a bunch of sets from them (Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Alias, Desperate Housewives, etc.) and a bunch of single movies, so both Zorros were at 60% (my "qualifying" purchase was a Snow White/Winnie the Pooh set that was the featured selection & also allowed me to get free shipping on the entire huge order). BTW...the VIP discount on Blu-Rays is 40%.

Anyway, thanks for clarifyng, Cheato. I wanted to let others (who maybe hadn't considered Disney as a source) that the sets could be had cheaply from them, but it is only fair to note that one does have to meet other requirements in order to qualify for the discounted prices. Like any other club, it can really work in your favor if you know how to work it (the 'Clubs' subforum gives great insight into this).

I had already pre-ordered both Zorros from Amazon (and now see that they've dropped their price a few bucks...sadly, they don't offer their 30-day guarantee against price drops anymore). I only discovered the Disney offer on Monday when the new catalog arrived, and it was too late to cancel the Amazon order (which arrived today). The sets look beautiful...I'll have to decide whether to send them back now or keep them & resale them if they go out of print. I may hang onto them in case the others from Disney have dented tins, etc.
Old 11-06-09, 06:10 AM

Yes, too bad that Amazon has no price guarantees after an order ships, but so far I'm only out $4 total. With the 30,000 quantity I was too afraid they'd be out of stock everywhere on the first day to risk waiting to buy from somewhere reliable. I almost stopped by Best Buy just to make sure I had them in hand, but Amazon shipped mine on Monday so I didn't need to. Apparently Amazon still has enough so maybe the demand was less than I figured (unlike Dr. Syn which I think quickly became very hard to get).

I didn't even think about checking the DMC or Wherehouse/FYE before ordering. They so rarely have good prices. It sounds like I could've gotten the 60% off discount, but then I would've had to find something I want at full price and pay an extra $10-$15 (from what I could normally find it for) on that item to save $23 on each Zorro. Did DMC have free shipping too? It would've been worth it, but it's too late now. If there were any deal discussions on Zorro BEFORE they came out, I sure missed that thread.
Old 11-06-09, 10:07 AM

Ugh I didn't want to spend this much money but we got the original color box set from DMR but missed out on season 2. And with these being limited and all I'm a sucker and couldn't pass up. Thankfully we had the 50% off deal at DMC so after shipping I'm looking at $68 for both seasons.
Old 11-07-09, 09:52 AM

Dr. Syn was available last year for about 4-6 weeks off and on. Many people still got orders that were delivered well into December. These Zorros are going to be gone FAST. If you want it, buy it NOW. If you want extras buy the limit of 3 of each title on Amazon.com for $36.99 each (no shipping, no tax). That is a ridiculously low price. Jump on it.

The sets are beautiful with the black tin and the gold embossing. 6 discs. 18 hours of content. 30,000 production run with numbered certificate. Doesn't get any better. If you are even thinking about buying one, or like to trade up on Ebay later, buy one asap.
Old 11-07-09, 11:23 AM

Looks like there already gone on deepdiscount.com
Old 11-07-09, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Like any other club, it can really work in your favor if you know how to work it (the 'Clubs' subforum gives great insight into this).
Where on their site is the 'Clubs' subforum?
Old 11-07-09, 12:30 PM
Defunct Account

He was referring to the 'clubs' subforum on DVDTalk.
Old 11-07-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was on the fence about these but decided to get them since I already own all the other Treasure DVDs. Ordered them at B&N.com with my membership and other discounts for about $30 each.
Old 11-08-09, 10:09 AM

For fun I checked Amazon today, and while both sets still show as in stock, they raised the price on S1 to $44.99 while leaving S2 at $36.99. Very strange.
Old 11-08-09, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
For fun I checked Amazon today, and while both sets still show as in stock, they raised the price on S1 to $44.99 while leaving S2 at $36.99. Very strange.
Now season 2 is $49.99
Old 11-08-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Holy shit...those price jumps were fast. Costco it is!
Old 11-08-09, 04:09 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I was on the fence about these but decided to get them since I already own all the other Treasure DVDs. Ordered them at B&N.com with my membership and other discounts for about $30 each.
What discount codes did you use?
Old 11-08-09, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by R5D4
What discount codes did you use?
You can find some in the B&N coupon thread. I used one of the stackable $5 off coupons, but there are also a few 20% coupons if you start a new account.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-part-2-a.html

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.