DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Alias Season Sets $12.99 each at Target

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Alias Season Sets $12.99 each at Target

Originally Posted by asianxcore
You should definitely finish it. The ending to Season 5 and the series is too good
Oh, I know. I saw it when it aired. Havent seen it since. Just holding off to build anticapation.
Old 08-06-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by s72450
Sounds like a great price. I'm wondering though what are the odds of a Blu-Ray set of the series. I'd hate to buy these when a BR release was in the works.
I would say pretty low. But you never know. Have many older tv series made it to blue ray yet?
Old 08-06-09, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any one seen them actually at Target yet? I've gone to three of them so far, and all I've seen are the place holders for them. I'm gonna check back on Friday as I was told they get shipments in then, so we'll see I guess.
Old 08-06-09, 04:27 PM

I stopped by my local Target today and found one set of season 1 for sale. Bought it, asked if they'd get any more in, was also told they'd be getting a shipment in tomorrow but they have no idea what's going to be in it.
Old 08-06-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by temp81830
Has any one seen them actually at Target yet? I've gone to three of them so far, and all I've seen are the place holders for them. I'm gonna check back on Friday as I was told they get shipments in then, so we'll see I guess.
No luck here. Employee claimed all seasons were "sold out" as they were "flying off the shelf" due to price reduction. Claims they will get more but not very helpful as to exactly when.
Old 08-06-09, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Easy
No luck here. Employee claimed all seasons were "sold out" as they were "flying off the shelf" due to price reduction. Claims they will get more but not very helpful as to exactly when.
I wonder if the same Hoarders/Resellers from Big Lots are swooping in ?
Old 08-06-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I was going there today anyway and took a look, all sold out and no sale sign or rain checks.
Old 08-06-09, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by jgorow
might check out that alias, but golden girls?, wouldnt even buy that one if it was $3 at big lots
Haha, I bought every season, there's no shame in my game. That show is fucking hilarious and stands up today. The things they managed to get away with on that show are really shocking in retrospect.

Originally Posted by dan30oly
I don't recall all the details, but the whole "prophecy" surrounding Sydney which was a pretty big deal/storyline was wrapped up in about 5 seconds with very little thought put into it. It left me with a real "WTF are you kidding me? That was it?!?" feeling.
Yeah, it was five seasons of prophecy and they just shooed everything under the rug by basically saying
Spoiler:
"Whatever, audience. Irina is just a crazy bitch. You've been punk'd."
"Truth takes time," my ass. What a clusterfuck. Shit like that makes me giggle when people say the ending to Battlestar Galactica was the worst in sci-fi history. Never seen the ending to Alias, eh?

The fifth season certainly wasn't helped by the addition of Rachel Nichols (every episode surrounding her is a chore to sit through) and Balthazar Getty, either. Or that horrible Vaughn storyline that made no sense and seemed to have been created just because Garner & Vartan had broken up in real life.

I think the season two finale has the fight sequence you're talking about. That sequence lasted, what, ten minutes? It's incredible! And oh so violent.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Tempting, but doesn't the complete set have a bonus disc? I'll have to wait for a good deal on that.
There's really nothing special on that disc. A bunch of PR fluff and scans of the official magazine covers. Stuff that wasn't interesting enough to include on the season sets, but ended up being used to sucker fans into buying that horrible box set that slaughters the discs.
Old 08-06-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So, I stopped by my two local targets today and not only did they not have any in stock, but there was no indication of any sale.
Old 08-07-09, 05:25 AM

I'll agree. Alias was one of the best shows on TV, at least for the first two seasons. I couldn't miss an episode of it, and even got mad at my mom for calling me during a pivotal reveal moment in the middle of Season 1. I did think Season 3 went downhill (after J.J. Abrams left to go work on Lost). Season 4 got messed up by ABC and Season 5 got ruined by Jennifer Garner being pregnant (thus making them split the season and shorten it). I bought all the seasons as they came out except for Season 5 (which I've still yet to get). When I watched Season 3, I did think better of it than I did as it aired. But my wife and I are going back and watching them, now (since she's never watched the show) and after flying through the first two seasons, we're dragging through Season 3. But I'll still look for Season 5, as eventually we're going to watch the entire show and I'll need that season. Plus after going back and watching the show, again (in hindsight from seeing the show end), I'm starting to see things that may make the problems I had with the last couple of seasons make sense. But I want to see them all again to make sure, as I haven't watched Season 5 since it aired and the other seasons since the DVDs were released.
Old 08-07-09, 09:34 AM

i have season 1 and 2 and haven't seen the rest of the series.

i was so excited when i read this thread. so i went to the target next to work and all i saw were the signs with the new price reduction.

i'll need to check other targets and hope for the best.
Old 08-07-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well...the sale is thru the end of the month so if I cannot wait for stock to come in.....Deepdiscount has these for $16.99 and Amazon has them listed for $17.99 which are still great prices for the season sets.
Old 08-07-09, 01:57 PM

My local Target just got them in today. They had all the seasons, except I took the last of season 2. Best Buy also has them for $16.99, so that's another option.
Old 08-07-09, 02:35 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Are they in the Target ad? That would make them $12.59 at Best Buy with pricematch.
Old 08-07-09, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Are they in the Target ad? That would make them $12.59 at Best Buy with pricematch.
The are not in any ad that I have seen yet. Maybe this next weeks ad.
Old 08-07-09, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by yellowlt4
The are not in any ad that I have seen yet. Maybe this next weeks ad.
Best Buy and Target have been doing more and more non-advertised sales, so I'm guessing they aren't going to be in the ad, especially since this is almost a month long event.
Old 08-07-09, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Looks like some of the J.J shows are going through a Temporary Sale?

Best Buy:
Alias- $16.99
Felicity- $16.99

Target:
Alias- $12.99

Costco:
Alias- $12.99

Borders:
Alias- $14.99
Felicity- $14.99
Old 08-07-09, 03:57 PM

If they hit 12.99 Ill bite on Felicity. I remember really enjoying the first few seasons on TV.

Best Buy:
Alias- $16.99
Felicity- $16.99

Target:
Alias- $12.99

Costco:
Alias- $12.99

Borders:
Alias- $14.99
Felicity- $14.99
Old 08-08-09, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best Buy:
Alias- $16.99
Felicity- $16.99

Target:
Alias- $12.99

Costco:
Alias- $12.99

Borders:
Alias- $14.99
Felicity- $14.99
I picked up felicity at amazon for 14.99 a season a few days ago, if anyone deals with them.

I haven't had a chance to check my Target for alias, but i don't have my hopes up. They have almost never had anything marked for sale prices, or reflecting these unadvertised specials spoken about on the forums.

and when i ask associates about them, they all do that "Michael Myers Head Tilt" thing and feign confusion about how to find out, so i end up taking my dvd money elsewhere.
Old 08-08-09, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by golden_rod
Haha, I bought every season, there's no shame in my game. That show is fucking hilarious and stands up today. The things they managed to get away with on that show are really shocking in retrospect.
No shame here either, buddy... and I'm 31/male. I just bought all 7 seasons through Amazon for $10.49 each.

As you said, the show really was revolutionary for its(or any)time. And hey, we all have to "get old" sometime. Now, I'll get to share it with these funny ladies.
Old 08-08-09, 04:32 PM

I went to buy Season 5 at my Target today & they're completely out. I was told that they get trucks in on Mon., Wed. & Fri.
Old 08-08-09, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did they ever rerelease the earlier seasons to match the packaging of the latter seasons? The first two seasons were in a box with 3 keep cases, completely different than the other 3. Id probably rebuy those if they were in similiar (and smaller) cases.
Old 08-08-09, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I gave up on Target and just spent the $16.99 at Best Buy for seasons 1 & 2.
Old 08-08-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Did they ever rerelease the earlier seasons to match the packaging of the latter seasons? The first two seasons were in a box with 3 keep cases, completely different than the other 3. Id probably rebuy those if they were in similiar (and smaller) cases.
All 5 seasons that are being sold at Costco are in new packaging. The case is a standard keepcase with all the discs contained on double-sided flaps.
Old 08-08-09, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
All 5 seasons that are being sold at Costco are in new packaging. The case is a standard keepcase with all the discs contained on double-sided flaps.
And that's the packaging that was being sold at the 2 Targets I went to this morning.

Last edited by logangrey; 08-08-09 at 10:04 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.