DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Even though these were supposed to be part of a Father's Day sale they *finally* showed up here a couple of days ago.

I picked up:
Octopussy
The Man with the Golden Gun
Licence to Kill
Never Say Never Again

They also had:
The World is not Enough
The Living Daylights
Thunderball
Goldeneye
Live and Let Die
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Dr. No
You Only Live Twice
Moonraker

There might have been a couple of others but those are what I remember seeing. All are the single disk "Special 007 Edition" versions that were released prior to the remastered 2 disk ones.
BOBO,

Which store did you find those 007 films at? I've scoured three of them here in thew Chicagoland area and came up with squat. Let me know where you spotted those and thanks again!
Old 07-25-09, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There seems to be a wave of crappy DVD's and seasons that show up at Big Lots.

Last edited by wvtechs; 07-26-09 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-25-09, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cracksky
Some copies of Flintstones S3 have a gold sticker on the packaging indicating a Decoder Card and Animation Cell Replica are inside. Do other seasons have these? How many cell replicas were made?

Penelope Pitstop has one in it. It didn't have a sticker on it, my flintstones 3 didn't either, but had the cell.

Also, I passed on the the unwrapped Flintstones seasons because they have paper outer sleeves as opposed to the plastic outer sleeves which are on the sealed seasons.
Old 07-25-09, 10:24 PM
Cool New Member

One dvd I saw and haven't seen anyone else mention is The Ben Stiller Show (1992-1993). The Latonia Kentucky store has ~6 of these. I have not seen any of these anywhere else.
Old 07-25-09, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein
Penelope Pitstop has one in it. It didn't have a sticker on it, my flintstones 3 didn't either, but had the cell.

Also, I passed on the the unwrapped Flintstones seasons because they have paper outer sleeves as opposed to the plastic outer sleeves which are on the sealed seasons.
The Season 4 and 5 Flintstones sets I found were sealed, but had paper sleeves. Season 2 and 3 had a plastic sleeve (also sealed). Haven't located 1 and 6 yet.
Old 07-25-09, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ My season four has a plastic sleeve. I don't know if 5 & 6 had plastic sleeves or not.
Old 07-25-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
The Season 4 and 5 Flintstones sets I found were sealed, but had paper sleeves. Season 2 and 3 had a plastic sleeve (also sealed). Haven't located 1 and 6 yet.
Season 1 (unsealed) was with the fancy looking slipcover. Same with Season 2 and 3 (but they were sealed). Seasons 4 and 6 were sealed for me but have paper sleeves. Season 5 was opened and was paper sleeve.

Then again, I found one single copy of Flintstones S2 that was with a normal paper sleeve and it was opened. But in general it seems as though they printed Season 4, 5, and 6 only with the paper Sleeves based on what I saw when I found my sets.
Old 07-25-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hasslein
^ My season four has a plastic sleeve. I don't know if 5 & 6 had plastic sleeves or not.
Well, there you go. I guess they just printed all of the seasons both ways then. To me it wasn't a big deal though at $3 a season.
Old 07-25-09, 10:45 PM

Went to the Fort Smith, Arkansas store again today. A single cart with maybe 10 of the $10 sets was left. They never did put them on a shelf. Just left them in cart all week. One side of their DVD rack has been empty since Wednesday. Nothing new here. I called the Springdale, Arkansas store had them look and was told they didn't have any but to check back on Monday that they might get some more with the next truck.
Old 07-25-09, 11:04 PM

Went to 3 stores today..al which are an hour to 2 hours from me.just because I had nothing better to do, and the bay City location hasnt put anything out:

West Genese County: All I found here were Popeyes and Josie and the Pussycat sets. A few $6 sets like The OC..nothing great. I picked up a Popeye here.

Dixie Highway: A couple sets of Lois and Clark Season 3....I decided not to get it since I'd like a full set.....a couple Batman Animated series volume 4, and a couple tales from teh Crypt Season 3. Already own all the Tales and Batmans though. And there were Josies and Popeyes as well. And 2 copies of Murphy Brown..which i nabbed 1 of.

Telegraph Rd. Pontiac:

No $3 sets yet. Lots of $6 sets though. many copies of both Volume 1 and 2 of Pinky and the Brain and Volume 1 of Animaniacs

I will not be going back to these stores though..so don't ask me to pick you up anything.

I grabbed an ad at the Pontiac store and it says the $3 sets will be out Sunday..so when I go to Bay City tomorrow I'll just plant that in their face if I cant find anything.
Old 07-25-09, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
No, it's a nice little beige 13 gallon Sterilite with a swivel top for the kitchen.
I have three of the very same in my garage for my recycling (plastics, cat food tins, etc).

Since I was out anyway today, dropped by the BL in London, KY. Nothing much of note to report except this is the only BL where I've seen sealed copies of Flintstones: S1.

To those who remember my previous posting about Richmond, KY (where the manager told me they didn't have any TV show sets in back and didn't expect any): I went there on my lunch break Friday. The table where the TV sets were dumped was filled up with the standard $3.00 movie discs. Quite sad to look at.

I did walk away with a $3.00 copy of Logan's Run, though.
Old 07-26-09, 12:08 AM
jet

Checked back today at Torrington, CT. Nothing new.
Old 07-26-09, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Since they also had a few copies of "Adams Rib" I looked for "Pat and Mike" thinking these might be from a break up of the "Tracy & Hepburn: The Signature Collection" set, but no luck.
I've seen and bought Pat & Mike, but not seen Adam's Rib and would like a copy of that.
Old 07-26-09, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I've got pretty much everything I wanted now, some of these I would have eventually paid close to full price for- Tales From The Crypt 1-6, Josie & The Pussycats, Dastardly & Muttley, Penelope Pitstop, Jonny Quest, New Scooby Doo Movies and Scooby Doo Season 1, Popeye, Academy Award Winning Cartoons, Huckleberry Hound and Top Cat, along with Flintstones 2 & 3 (already got 4 for about 7 bucks at Ross a while ago, still looking for 1, 6 and a sealed 5- already have Wacky Races too so didn't grab that). There's 2 that I can still check on the way to work if I have time- basically if I go one way I can hit one, and if I go a different way I can hit the other, so if I leave early enough I'll still be checking for any new stuff but I'll be nice and leave what I already have for someone else.

I wonder how many of these titles Warner made and how many didn't sell, and if they've made that many fewer copies of their newer titles? I'd like to get those new 60s and 70s Saturday Morning collections, but if they have a chance of showing up for 3 bucks apiece later I'm not going to be too sorry for waiting. I know Warner still has to make a buck, but this is spoiling us.
Old 07-26-09, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by kbarkerok

this was the one

i plan on going back tomorrow morning when ad comes out.

if they still have i'll pick it up- if you need that one

Yes.......if you can.....let me know what you are lookign to trade or if you just want to outright sell it.
Old 07-26-09, 01:46 AM

I picked up the Popeye DVD. It had the comic sticker on it, but no comic. It was wrapped, so has anyone had a comic in their copy?
Old 07-26-09, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I've seen and bought Pat & Mike, but not seen Adam's Rib and would like a copy of that.
I Saw Adam's Rib today at Ross for $3.99
Old 07-26-09, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ghetto_journo
I picked up the Popeye DVD. It had the comic sticker on it, but no comic. It was wrapped, so has anyone had a comic in their copy?
yes.
Old 07-26-09, 02:15 AM

mine didnt have the comic either. Just an expired coupon for spinach.

Old 07-26-09, 02:33 AM
Cool New Member

Picked up Pinky & The Brain season 2 and Drew Carey season 1 this week. I hope I run into some more Animaniacs/P&TB.
Old 07-26-09, 03:07 AM

My copy didn't have a comic, but I haven't seen any with the comic sticker yet.
Old 07-26-09, 07:10 AM

Picked up a few $3.00 box sets:
Flinstones S1,S2,S3
War At Home S1
Popeye Vol 1

They also had
Wacky Races Complete Series
Penepole Pitstop
Dastardly & Muttley
Tales From The Crypt S5
Veronica Mars S1
And a few Smallville seasons.
No blu-ray to be found.
Old 07-26-09, 07:31 AM
Cool New Member

On my way to Harrisburg, PA in a town that I don't even know the name of I stopped at a Big Lots because my girlfriend had to use the bathroom. While I was waiting for her I noticed some dvds in a bin back in the stockroom through a window. I asked someone if I could see them and ended getting seasons 2 - 6 of Tales from the Crypt for $3 a piece. I didn't even see what else they had because I was so excited.

Now if anyone wants to make a boys dreams come true they could pick me up seasons 1 and 7.
Old 07-26-09, 09:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a few $3 sets at the store in St Cloud, MN:

Wacky Races
Adventures of Superman S1
Adventures of Superman S2
Adventures of Superman S3/S4

Those were the only copies of Superman they had but there were a lot of of Wacky Races, also saw Josie and the Pussycats and Flintstones seasons 4,5,6.
Old 07-26-09, 09:30 AM

Well, my nearest location, Bay City, MI, put the $3 titles out today....just wish I had found more I wanted.

I picked up:

Flintstones Season 4
Lois and Clark Season 1
Lois and Clark Season 3
Adventures of Superman Season 1
Adventures of Superman Season 2
Adventures of Superman Seasons 3 & 4
Appleseed machina steelbook

I'm willing to trade the Adventures of Superman sets if anyone wants to trade for them. I'm looking for:

*Top Priority:

*Looney Tunes Volumes 1 thru 5 set (I wish)
*Flintstones Season 6
*Lois and Clark Season 2
*Lois and Clark Season 4
Huckleberry Hound
Penelope Pitstop
Dastardly and Muttley
Johnny Quest
Hong Kong Phooey
Magilla Gorilla (dont think its been announced)
Yogi Bear (dont think its been announced)
The Jetsons (dont think its been announced)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.