DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Old 07-26-09, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Big Lots Part 6

Holy crap, Deadwood has been spotted? I would kill to get my hands over any of those at that price.
Old 07-26-09, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVDmadman9 View Post
So is big lots gonna start letting people check for items stock online? That's cool. Should save me some gas money instead of relying on the luck of the draw.
Where can I check the items in-stock?
Old 07-26-09, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlamedLiquid View Post
probably one in West Virginia
If you are inferring that the "wv" in my name stands for West Virginia it very well could, but "wv" could also stand for many other things. They could be initials, a street abbreviation, a company abbreviation, anything.

See for yourself: http://www.abbreviations.com/abbreviations/WV/1

Besides, even if it were in WV, according to my map there are also 5 states that border it which would make that a rather large geographical area.

I see where this is leading but I prefer not to say where it was because it would be pretty stupid of me to let the resellers and hoarders know what store to avoid, etc...

I was under the impression that a lot of members hated it when people came into a store and bought everything in sight but when I post information that I believed would be well received... You can't have it both ways.
Old 07-26-09, 06:17 PM
Banned

Picked up Smallville: season 7 on blu-ray at big lots for $6. I'm willing to trade for any two of these $3 titles...
- Huckleberry Hound
- Tales From The Crypt: Season 1
- Jetsons: Season 1
- Mission Hill
Old 07-26-09, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano View Post
Holy crap, Deadwood has been spotted? I would kill to get my hands over any of those at that price.
Deadwood? Which season? What price?

Have any other HBO titles been found at BL? I don't recall seeing any.
Old 07-26-09, 06:24 PM

I saw deadwood season 1 for $3
Old 07-26-09, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by dkedvd View Post
Picked up Smallville: season 7 on blu-ray at big lots for $6. I'm willing to trade for any two of these $3 titles...
- Huckleberry Hound
- Tales From The Crypt: Season 1
- Jetsons: Season 1
- Mission Hill

Did you find all the other TFtC seasons?? I got extra copies in case you wanted them but I am still looking for S6 and Huckleberry Hound.
Old 07-26-09, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by wvtechs View Post
If you are inferring that the "wv" in my name stands for West Virginia it very well could, but "wv" could also stand for many other things. They could be initials, a street abbreviation, a company abbreviation, anything.

See for yourself:
Besides, even if it were in WV, according to my map there are also 5 states that border it which would make that a rather large geographical area.

I see where this is leading but I prefer not to say where it was because it would be pretty stupid of me to let the resellers and hoarders know what store to avoid, etc...

I was under the impression that a lot of members hated it when people came into a store and bought everything in sight but when I post information that I believed would be well received... You can't have it both ways.

Now its just screaming West Virginia.

:P
Old 07-26-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In the St Louis area, I hit Watson Rd (twice), South County and Kingshwy this weekend and got MURPHY BROWN,S1; THE AMERICAN GIRL COLLECTION (for my daughters); and two copies of THE BEN STILLER SHOW (one for me, one for my brother). No signs of $10 sets.
Old 07-26-09, 06:33 PM
Banned

Now its just screaming West Virginia.

:P
The 'v' stands for video so go fish.
Old 07-26-09, 06:51 PM

The 'v' stands for video so go fish.
Than why would you put Tech after it.

there is a West Virginia Tech.

I dont see what the big deal is. Its not like someone is going to hunt you down.
Old 07-26-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn with Lois & Clark, Tales from the Crypt, & Deadwood now makes me feel stupid for paying full retail when they were first released. Big Lots is making me not want to buy stuff for a long time now. lol
Old 07-26-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley View Post

Have any other HBO titles been found at BL? I don't recall seeing any.

Six Feet Under.

Damnit, with Deadwood being out there now, that takes it to a whole other level. I gotta get my hands on Seasons 2 and 3 for that price! Still want to find the other Thundercats sets as well.
Been to 8 different stores so far, and there are a few others I still need to hit.
Old 07-26-09, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by basaro View Post
Good beer comes in a bottle Shouldn't you be recycling those cans?
Who said it was good beer? and yes... I'm trying to play into the humor of the average Big Lots! shopper here. Come on!
Old 07-26-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: question

Originally Posted by Will M View Post
I am still missing a fair amount of stuff from the current Big Lots DVD wave. Things like Birdman, Yogi, Magilla Gorilla, & Superman serials.

I have a question for those who have been getting DVDs at Big Lots longer than I. How long should I keep looking for these DVDs in the stores?
Will these keep trickling out or once the wave of new DVDs hits the store are they done getting these titles?
Has anyone actually seen Yogi Bear at Bl or is that just hoping?
Old 07-26-09, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are we 100% sure that it was Deadwood and not Everwood. The latter is a WB title... Although, I have seen Six Feet Under here.
Old 07-26-09, 07:29 PM
Banned

Than why would you put Tech after it.

there is a West Virginia Tech.

I dont see what the big deal is. Its not like someone is going to hunt you down.
Hunt me down. LOL

Perhaps I should put it another way, for the sake of simplicity. The "w" stands for Western, "v" stands for Video and "techs" stands for Technicians. Now that we have a complete breakdown of my ID and it's meaning, can we get back on topic?

Last edited by wvtechs; 07-26-09 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-26-09, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago View Post
Are we 100% sure that it was Deadwood and not Everwood. The latter is a WB title...
Yeah I was thinking that too...can anyone else confirm any DEADWood sightings? Because there's a big c*cksucking difference between the 2 shows.

And the only Six Feet Under I've seen at BL is Season 3 (weakest season imo)...but it wouldn't be too crazy for Deadwood to show up since there have been quite a few of the HBO standup discs, documentaries etc.
Old 07-26-09, 07:39 PM

Hunt me down. LOL

Perhaps I should put it another way, for the sake of simplicity. The "w" stands for Western, "v" stands for Video and "techs" stands for Technicians. Now that we have a complete breakdown of my ID and it's meaning, can we get back on topic?
w/e. No use trying to hide your location. So you posted something about Big Lots limiting people. How does that effect you?
Old 07-26-09, 07:42 PM

Beverly, NJ got some of the latest batch. Picked up Popeye V1 (last one), Flintstones V2 and V3, and The Ben Stiller Show (last one). Passed on Flintstones V1 (all the copies were missing shrinkwrap), The War at Home S1, and some of the more common box sets (The OC S2, Dukes of Hazzard S5 and S6, Nip/Tuck S4, etc.).

Originally Posted by kbarkerok View Post
saw a couple seasons of DEADWOOD and Babylon 5, that werent out yesterday- but they are marked $6 each
"Just when I think I'm out...they keep pulling me back in..."
Old 07-26-09, 07:46 PM
Cool New Member

Managed to pickup
Tales from the crypt 1 (last copy)
Johnny Quest
also picked up Batman the legend begins with some other movie but i might end up returning it

No lois and clark season 2 unless there are new sightings within the next week i think i am done making my trips to big lots anyone feel the same way?
Old 07-26-09, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by sdfan21 View Post
unless there are new sightings within the next week i think i am done making my trips to big lots anyone feel the same way?
I have 2 within a mile or so of my house so I will pop in every once in a while like I always have...there may not be crazy bargains like these, but I've gotten a hell of a lot of good stuff there over the past few years, and I expect they will continue to at least get some new stock, even if it's not $3 box sets.

And why would anyone pass on Flintstones S1 just because it's not sealed? If it's for your own collection and you need it, I would go ahead and get it because I don't think anyone has seen sealed copies at BL. They seem to be brand new, just not sealed.

Last edited by TropicalRobot; 07-26-09 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-26-09, 07:57 PM
Cool New Member

I wish my biglots were 2 miles away but they are not. either way it has been a blast and i have gotten other stuff from biglots that i would of never thought that i would find there. im really hoping that the store picks up on more season set dvds and maybe just maybe start bringing blu rays in!
Old 07-26-09, 08:00 PM

I saw DEADWOOD- season 1 and 2

didn't pick up either.

didn't know it was HBO show. never watched it

but other HBO shows i've seen at Big Lots are Six Feet Under, and Tales from the Crypt.
Old 07-26-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I'm done after this week and back to stopping in every week or two for other shit if I need it... The $3 DVD deals were/are nice. The $10, $6 and $3 sets thing though. Amazing. I need to actually watch this stuff before I'm dead.

Unless, of course, that was Deadwood spotted and not Everwood... Ugh.

edit - CRAP.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.