DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 6 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/558692-big-lots-part-6-a.html)

b2net 07-25-09 07:22 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 6

For those of you looking for "that one"..... Here is the LT sku....

145 550 01548 3 059

other $10 'sets" have been seen as the same except 069 at the end.

Happy Hunting...

whotony 07-25-09 07:28 PM

you posted that twice havent you?
why be cryptic just say what it is?

MooMooMooMoo 07-25-09 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 9596536)
For those of you looking for "that one"..... Here is the LT sku....

145 550 01548 3 059

other $10 'sets" have been seen as the same except 069 at the end.

Happy Hunting...

Thank you! I've emailed them, will post their response.

cracksky 07-25-09 07:35 PM

Probably means Looney Tunes 1-5 Set

I guess I'm the only one who is not on the lookout for it since I grabbed all five at Costco for $18.99 each a while back.

b2net 07-25-09 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 9596545)
you posted that twice havent you?
why be cryptic just say what it is?

I have received quite a few PMs and didn't want to spell it out as so many are crazy for it... and I do wish I would have found two so I could have helped another DVD Talker out, but alas there was only one..

b2net 07-25-09 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 9596551)
Thank you! I've emailed them, will post their response.

Now if we could just get a good head's up for the other titles we are pursuing... jeez.. I now have to go everyday.. I was told by one store to leave my name and number... they didn't call.. they got them in... they put them out.... by the time I began to wonder and went in... absolutely picked over... none I wanted... and when I called they said thay had not gotten any.... the Hunt continues.... :dance:

whotony 07-25-09 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9596552)

I guess I'm the only one who is not on the lookout for it since I grabbed all five at Costco for $18.99 each a while back.

I think there was a vol. 6 too.

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 9596554)
I have received quite a few PMs and didn't want to spell it out as so many are crazy for it... and I do wish I would have found two so I could have helped another DVD Talker out, but alas there was only one..

Right gotchya.

whotony 07-25-09 07:46 PM

wait a minute, are you saying they are packing the first 5 LT gold collections as one set for $10?

akrate69 07-25-09 07:48 PM

Found today at Mt Clemens, MI store (Gratiot/16 mile). The number after the set means there's at least that many.

Top Cat - 11
Batman Animated Volume 4 - 4
Josie and the Pusycats - 6
Adventures of Superman (Reeves) S5/6 - 1
Lois and Clark seasons 1-3 - 4/1/6
Tales from the Crypt seasons 3 and 5 - 1/3
Johnny Quest season 1 - 1
Murphy Brown season 1 - 4
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman - 1
Appleseed Ex Machina steelbook - 6
Space Ghost / Dino Boy - 1
Pinky and the Brain V1 - 1
Wonder Woman Season 2 (unwrapped) - 1
Tracy Takes On season 1 - 7
Larry King Live - 8
Life Goes On season 1 - 1
Wiggles - 1

There was also one copy of Lucy's Really Lost Moments: 1st Time In Color. A one disc dvd in color and black & white.

No $10 sets.

cracksky 07-25-09 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 9596567)
I think there was a vol. 6 too.

Costco only had 1-5 on sale.

b2net 07-25-09 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 9596572)
wait a minute, are you saying they are packing the first 5 LT gold collections as one set for $10?

rotfl exactly

Johnny Zhivago 07-25-09 08:09 PM

Peeps... I requested no PMs on my extra America's Game box. That means... You guessed it. No PMs. I'm replying anyhoo but it's not going to get you anywhere. Sorry. I'm ignoring them moving forward until Wednesday.

I think we're all aware that it is a highly wanted item... That's why I grabbed it for DVD Talk. If you have TFTC then keep your postings updated in the exchange forum, NOT in this thread. Believe me, I will find you if America's Game is in your wanted list. But not until Wednesday. Yes, I am willing to sell it at cost plus shipping. On Wednesday in the proper thread. Much like Big Lots; if I don't trade it then that post will be as random as a restock. That is the fair thing to do for everyone here, not just the peeps hitting my PM.

and that is the end of my brief exchange thread talk in this thread.

Nothing here at closing but I grabbed a new trash can for $10... :lol:

One more check here locally for TFTC on Tuesday...

Johnny Zhivago 07-25-09 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 9596330)
Has anyone been finidng the James Bond movies at Big Lots? I've been to three of them here in Illinois and nothing to speak of. Still looking for Scooby Doo-Dynomutt Hour as well.

The Bonds were part of a Father's Day promotion. There was a restock at one of the stores here but after the $6 sets ad ran and people realized that Big Lots sold DVDs... They have pretty much vanished into thin air.

conehead433 07-25-09 08:26 PM

I guess the popularity of Big Lots DVD bargains has changed the landscape here at DVDTalk. Now a BL thread doesn't last a week before it's closed due to length. I practically quit shopping Wal Mart's bargain DVDs quite some time ago since so many of them would eventually show up at BL. Even at $3 a piece it gets quite expensive, it's an addiction. If I'm able to do so I just have to add more titles to my mostly unwatched DVD collection. But who has time to watch, you have to be at the frickin' store everyday to try to make sure you don't miss out.

My Other Self 07-25-09 08:28 PM

I returned some of my haul from last weekend since no one was able to fill the rest of my requests, so as an FYI if there's anyone in the Sacramento region I came across these at a few stores today whilst searching for LT v6 and Powerpuff Girls.:

Northgate Blvd. in Sac
Picked clean. New shipment won't be out until Monday, but I returned Best of the New Scooby-Doo Movies and Josie & The Pussycats, so those may or may not still be there right now - they threw them in to a return bin and they're lazy at this store so they're probably still behind the service desk.

Elkhorn Blvd. in North Highlands
Picked clean. Some Popeyes, War at Home, and Tracy Takes On. Scattered Flinstones sets. I also returned Jonny Quest, Top Cat, Wacky Races, Flintstones S2, S3, and S5, Lois and Clark S1 and S3, Superman: The Animated Series Vol. 1, and some other HB sets I can't think of.

Harding Rd. in Roseville
Just put out a whole display in anticipation for the ad tomorrow. Lots of HB sets (saw Top Cat, Wacky Races, Flntstones) and Adventures of Superman (had all the sets). Also had Tales From the Crypt S2, S3, and S5. Lots of "typical" sets too - Popeye, War at Home, etc.

Jefferson Blvd. in West Sac
Had some HB (1 Wacky Races, some Flintstones scattered), and some Crypt Seasons. Also the "usual". Nothing special here.

Hope that helps someone. I think this ends my BL trips since now all I'm looking for are Looney Tunes v6 and Powerpuff, and it's not worth driving all over hell and creation for them. I think I'll just be scoping out the one by me when they get new shipments in and hope for the best.

U2Cowboy 07-25-09 08:35 PM

Haha. Did you get one of those 30-gal ones with wheels? I grabbed one of those. Much cheaper than Home Depot. I also snagged a couple diecast Disney Cars characters. Had to get something for all that driving around. :)

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago (Post 9596600)
Peeps... I requested no PMs on my extra America's Game box. That means... You guessed it. No PMs. I'm replying anyhoo but it's not going to get you anywhere. Sorry. I'm ignoring them moving forward until Wednesday.

I think we're all aware that it is a highly wanted item... That's why I grabbed it for DVD Talk. If you have TFTC then keep your postings updated in the exchange forum, NOT in this thread. Believe me, I will find you if America's Game is in your wanted list. But not until Wednesday. Yes, I am willing to sell it at cost plus shipping. On Wednesday in the proper thread. Much like Big Lots; if I don't trade it then that post will be as random as a restock. That is the fair thing to do for everyone here, not just the peeps hitting my PM.

and that is the end of my brief exchange thread talk in this thread.

Nothing here at closing but I grabbed a new trash can for $10... :lol:

One more check here locally for TFTC on Tuesday...

Johnny Zhivago 07-25-09 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by U2Cowboy (Post 9596637)
Haha. Did you get one of those 30-gal ones with wheels? I grabbed one of those. Much cheaper than Home Depot. I also snagged a couple diecast Disney Cars characters. Had to get something for all that driving around. :)

No, it's a nice little beige 13 gallon Sterilite with a swivel top for the kitchen. :lol: I live alone (uh, with my cat)... So it's mostly for empty beer cans and cat food containers. Ah... The life of a bachelor. :sarcasm:

I've read your posts in the exchange thread btw...

conehead433 - Complete agreement.

BobO'Link 07-25-09 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 9596330)
Has anyone been finidng the James Bond movies at Big Lots? I've been to three of them here in Illinois and nothing to speak of. Still looking for Scooby Doo-Dynomutt Hour as well.

Even though these were supposed to be part of a Father's Day sale they *finally* showed up here a couple of days ago.

I picked up:
Octopussy
The Man with the Golden Gun
Licence to Kill
Never Say Never Again

They also had:
The World is not Enough
The Living Daylights
Thunderball
Goldeneye
Live and Let Die
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Dr. No
You Only Live Twice
Moonraker

There might have been a couple of others but those are what I remember seeing. All are the single disk "Special 007 Edition" versions that were released prior to the remastered 2 disk ones.

U2Cowboy 07-25-09 09:04 PM

Everyone needs a good beer trash can :-). I'll be waiting for Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago (Post 9596654)
No, it's a nice little beige 13 gallon Sterilite with a swivel top for the kitchen. :lol: I live alone (uh, with my cat)... So it's mostly for empty beer cans and cat food containers. Ah... The life of a bachelor. :sarcasm:

I've read your posts in the exchange thread btw...

conehead433 - Complete agreement.

BobO'Link 07-25-09 09:07 PM

Made a mid-afternoon run here. Absolutely *nothing* has been added and what was there has dwindled to 1 copy each of "Lois and Clark" S1, S4, "The Flintstones" S2, S3, "The West Wing" S2, "Joey" S1 (amazing as this store started with 10+ of these and they sat there for over a week before they began to move out), Batman TAS S2, and 8 copies of "Tracey Takes On" S1. I think the only copy of that one that's been purchased is the one I picked up. All of the stuff that was left was/is burried amongst newly added $3 titles, most of which appear to be restock items. I *did* find a lone copy of "Cat People" w/Natassia Kinski which I picked up along with the lone copy of "Woman of the Year". Since they also had a few copies of "Adams Rib" I looked for "Pat and Mike" thinking these might be from a break up of the "Tracy & Hepburn: The Signature Collection" set, but no luck.

Trevor 07-25-09 09:09 PM

Just checked the Sterling store, nothing new since Monday (or at least nothing new left).

conehead433 07-25-09 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chop2Chip10 (Post 9596332)
I've got an extra ****pussy if you want it. :)

You'll be quite popular here.

Pizza 07-25-09 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky (Post 9596552)

Great deal! I wish I had seen them for that price there. Certainly beats running to big lots every day.

My Other Self 07-25-09 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pizza (Post 9596678)
Great deal! I wish I had seen them for that price there. Certainly beats running to big lots every day.

They still are. I thought that was their "new" regular price.

dukedynamo1 07-25-09 09:23 PM

LOL. Pretty funny how true that is for most of us here on this board. It's becoming an addiction without a cure in sight.

Originally Posted by conehead433 (Post 9596626)
I guess the popularity of Big Lots DVD bargains has changed the landscape here at DVDTalk. Now a BL thread doesn't last a week before it's closed due to length. I practically quit shopping Wal Mart's bargain DVDs quite some time ago since so many of them would eventually show up at BL. Even at $3 a piece it gets quite expensive, it's an addiction. If I'm able to do so I just have to add more titles to my mostly unwatched DVD collection. But who has time to watch, you have to be at the frickin' store everyday to try to make sure you don't miss out.