DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 50% of Criterion @ Barnes & Noble - 7/14

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: (DEAD) 50% of Criterion @ Barnes & Noble - 7/14

Originally Posted by JoeStSteven
so I could use this coupon code A8P8N9P and they would take 25% off the highest price + another 50% off the rest of the order!?? seems to good to be true
That is an old expired code. There are several 15% coupons for members and a few stackable $5 off coupons that could give you up to $15 off. Also you get another 10% off with your membership.

Here is the current list of coupons.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-part-2-a.html
Old 07-13-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks like the blu-ray criterions on not 50% off,at least not the 2 on sale at B&N today.

Lasermovies,thanks for the coupon link.

if I place a order i will post it here..
Old 07-13-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking through a list, and a lot of the covers on BN.com are different from the actual DVD covers. Odd.
Old 07-13-09, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I'm looking through a list, and a lot of the covers on BN.com are different from the actual DVD covers. Odd.
Just wondering what your definition of "a lot" is because the Barnes & Noble sight that I'm looking at seems to have the majority, if not all, of the correct covers. The one mistake that stuck out to me was "Empire Of Passion" being listed as "In The Realm Of Passion."

CC
Old 07-13-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Looks like the blu-ray criterions on not 50% off,at least not the 2 on sale at B&N today
The sale in stores doesn't start until the 14th, but they are all on sale on-line. I just placed an order.
Old 07-13-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
That is an old expired code. There are several 15% coupons for members and a few stackable $5 off coupons that could give you up to $15 off. Also you get another 10% off with your membership.

Here is the current list of coupons.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-part-2-a.html
Those $5 coupons are only for people who purchase a membership at a store correct? If I purchase a membership online now, I cannot use them?
Old 07-13-09, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner
if you do a search for Criterion movies,some others will come up.

Like 'Brazil'...it has at least 2 more prints that are not criterion.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ccfixx
Just wondering what your definition of "a lot" is because the Barnes & Noble sight that I'm looking at seems to have the majority, if not all, of the correct covers. The one mistake that stuck out to me was "Empire Of Passion" being listed as "In The Realm Of Passion."

CC
Well, there were at least 5-10. I went through the whole list, though.
Old 07-13-09, 08:40 PM

I ended up buying 4 Criterion DVDs just a few moments ago. I'm not a member, but the final price came to $64.01 shipped after I used the Visa link (5% off) and one of the other 10% codes.

CC
Old 07-13-09, 09:21 PM

You could also use the 10% off Bing cashback followed by a 10% code...that'll get you down to ~60% off list. That's the best combination I've come up with for non-members. Members could use the 15% off code, of course.

Last edited by ec461; 07-13-09 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 09:30 PM

Has any one tried using the AAA discount? It didn't seem to be applying it to the order. AAASUMMER9 was also not working. I've never used the AAA discount before so I'm not sure how it works, is it not eligible on sale items? I didn't see that listed in the terms. I went through their website, but their logo disappeared from from the top when I entered the check out screen, is that normal?
Also, is it stackable with the other 10% codes? Or do I need to be a BN Member for any of it to apply?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-13-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was wondering too about AAA.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 07-13-09 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 10:03 PM

Too bad "Last Year at Marienbad" is not part of the sale. Really want that one. Got some other great stuff though. Thanks OP and thanks LASER for the coupon codes.
Old 07-13-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Those $5 coupons are only for people who purchase a membership at a store correct? If I purchase a membership online now, I cannot use them?
Should work with any membership regardless where it was purchased as long as it is registered online. However if you just purchased a membership you could probably only use the second coupon. You have to have either an existing membership, or purchase the membership between the dates listed on the coupon for it to be valid.

Originally Posted by ec461
You could also use the 10% off Bing cashback followed by a 10% code...that'll get you down to ~60% off list. That's the best combination I've come up with for non-members. Members could use the 15% off code, of course.
You can also use Visa or miltary.com links to get an instant 5% to 6% discount with the 10% coupon, and get no minimum free shipping. If you are paying shipping the Bing rebate is not worth it. Also it usually takes a few days for the rebates to show up on Bing at B&N. On a few occasions they screwed me out of the rebate.

Originally Posted by so it goes
Has any one tried using the AAA discount? It didn't seem to be applying it to the order. AAASUMMER9 was also not working. I've never used the AAA discount before so I'm not sure how it works, is it not eligible on sale items? I didn't see that listed in the terms. I went through their website, but their logo disappeared from from the top when I entered the check out screen, is that normal?
Also, is it stackable with the other 10% codes? Or do I need to be a BN Member for any of it to apply?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
No you don't need to be a B&N member. In fact I found out you can't use the AAASUMMER9 coupon with a B&N membership. You just need a AAA membership to log into their web site for it to work. Not sure why it didn't work from what you described. I would assume the 10% codes should work also, and stack with the AAA 10% discount.

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Does anyone know if the AAA discount will work with this sale?
Yes. I used it a while ago but found the coupon will not work if you have a members account. I had to use another account without a membership to get the 15% coupon to work. But you can stack the 10% AAA website discount along with the 15% coupon.
Old 07-13-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ec461
But all the 10% coupons are for only one item, is that correct?

For some reason I am having a hard time understanding this...so you have to place 4 orders of one item (with a different coupon each time), in order to get 4 Criterions at 10% off each?

Last edited by Jaymole; 07-13-09 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But the 10% off is only for one item, is that correct?
If you are talking about the coupon codes they are 10% off the highest priced item in your cart. So yes it is one item only.
Old 07-13-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you are talking about the coupon codes they are 10% off the highest priced item in your cart. So yes it is one item only.

Thanks!

I just wish there was a online coupon for 10% off your whole order. That would probably push me into placing an order right now.

Will have to think this over some more.
Old 07-13-09, 10:52 PM

But all the 10% coupons are for only one item, is that correct?

For some reason I am having a hard time understanding this...so you have to place 4 orders of one item (with a different coupon each time), in order to get 4 Criterions at 10% off each?
Yeah, something like that. 4 orders. It's kind of a pain.
Old 07-13-09, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

50% off + any applicable sales tax
+10% off the highest priced item
+5% off from Visa or 10% off from BING

Criterions are higher priced then other dvds, but if you want these movies, it doesn't get any better than this Jaymole.

I placed 5 orders earlier this evening. I'm not so much a Criterion collector, but of the movies I do like released by Criterion, I make sure those are in my collection.
Great sale! Thanks for ALL the info here to help us out. If it wasn't for DvdTalk, this would have passed me by.
Old 07-13-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
50% off + any applicable sales tax
+10% off the highest priced item
+5% off from Visa or 10% off from BING

Criterions are higher priced then other dvds, but if you want these movies, it doesn't get any better than this Jaymole.

I placed 5 orders earlier this evening. I'm not so much a Criterion collector, but of the movies I do like released by Criterion, I make sure those are in my collection.
Great sale! Thanks for ALL the info here to help us out. If it wasn't for DvdTalk, this would have passed me by.
Same here. I just get the Criterions that interest me and think I would like to have in my collection. So far I got 4 orders in and put 18 on my wish list for later. Doubt I will get them all but it gives me some time to decide on which ones to order.

If you run out of coupon codes you can always start a new account and use them again.
Old 07-14-09, 01:33 AM

With my AAA discount I can get the Essential Art House sets for only $41 each shipped. I'm trying to save for a new laptop, but that's almost too good to pass up.
Old 07-14-09, 01:41 AM

Not sure where is a good place to post this, but I have come into some credit at Barnes and Noble and would not mind passing along savings to people that need it. I havve several gift cards. PM Me if interested.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-09, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RequiemX
With my AAA discount I can get the Essential Art House sets for only $41 each shipped. I'm trying to save for a new laptop, but that's almost too good to pass up.
I think thats a very good price for these 2 boxsets.

I picked up Vol II not to long ago when second spin had A 20 or 25% off sale with free shipping,and I know I paid over $40 for the set.I glad the set I did get was in just like new shape.

Also to bad Vol 3 and 4 are not 50% off.

Okay I just spent almost 2 bills.
thanks Op and everyone for all the great info on this sale.
Old 07-14-09, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Darn, I actually have $15 in Borders bucks that are in my account for use next month. OTOH, Criterions are rarely this cheap. I guess I'll pick out one and purchase it. Any opinions on Pierrot le Fou and Bottle Rocket? I really hate doing blind buys on films I haven't seen.
Old 07-14-09, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^I have a feeling you'll find some much higher prices if you go to Borders looking for this sale. With the Borders Bucks included, you may be able to get something for 50% off.

I haven't seen Pierrot le Fou, but I can highly recommend Bottle Rocket.

Last edited by dino88; 07-14-09 at 04:34 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.