Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: (DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - It's Live! (For Now)

Hi,

Longtime lurker, first time posting...

I just called customer service and talked to a very nice lady who explained everything to me so I wanted to pass on this information. From what she told me the orders have been cancelled, they actually got an alert in their system telling them that an invaild code was used and the orders would not be filled

If I understood correctly once you place an order it goes to the warehouse and then it is placed into the system to be processed. Once these "invalid orders" were at the warehouse they were cancelled right away and never even entered into the system.

That is why the order numbers are not showing up on their end but we have them. Hope that makes sense.....

I told her my worry was that I would be charged twice if I placed this order again and she told me that would not happen since it was basically stopped from the get go.

Customer service was very nice to me and answered everything I needed to know. It would have been great if it went through but I understand that it didn't so no hard feelings.

Hope this information is helpful to someone else....

Jason
Old 06-12-09, 01:03 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I never even placed an order, and I understand the "glitch", but why not just process the orders? I mean, it's not like it was some weird "100% OFF" code, it's the same amount they'll be offering in a months time anyway... to save some face, and bolster some good will, you'd think they'd just honor it for christsake.
Old 06-12-09, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Like it has been stated many times in this thread, how are we supposed to know exactly when the sale starts?
Well, on DVDTALK, you usually get a thread started by site ownership announcing that it has started, and since in the past they have been a partner in the promotion, that thread encourages you to use the DVDTALK coupon code when ordering. That's how we've known in the past when the sale officially starts.
Old 06-12-09, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by goblinking73
Hi,
From what she told me the orders have been cancelled
Jason

Awww that is too bad. I never get lucky on this kind of stuff.
Old 06-12-09, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
That might work if they didn't use the same codes every single sale.

Like it has been stated many times in this thread, how are we supposed to know exactly when the sale starts? Quite often this is how we first find out when it goes live, the second someone finds a code works.

You also seem to be making a bigger deal out of this than anyone who placed an order is. I don't see anyone here yelling and screaming about how they should honor this. I think many of us just want to know whether or not they will so we know what do to when the sale actually starts.
See what I mean? ... butthurt. Har de har har ...

Anyway, yeah, I ordered one item that I'd been wanting for a while, but if they don't honor this purchase, ach, I'll just buy it when the sale starts for real. I mean, damn, these are just movies.
Old 06-12-09, 01:32 PM

first time post ... I have been waiting for days for this sale to officially start! I'm hoping it happens TONIGHT (somebody said Fridays at midnight?). I started saving about 2 months ago and now I have a want list with a good 70 items on it ... and an itchy trigger finger! I don't understand how it benefits them to stall the sale until July when half of the DVD-guys on the internet are ready to pick up some new stuff for the summer NOW.
Old 06-12-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JoeStSteven
first time post ... I have been waiting for days for this sale to officially start! I'm hoping it happens TONIGHT (somebody said Fridays at midnight?). I started saving about 2 months ago and now I have a want list with a good 70 items on it ... and an itchy trigger finger! I don't understand how it benefits them to stall the sale until July when half of the DVD-guys on the internet are ready to pick up some new stuff for the summer NOW.
Yeah, I do not want to wait till July either. I've had this sale in mind since December and I'd rather not see it delayed further.
Old 06-12-09, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by goblinking73
Hi,

Longtime lurker, first time posting...

I just called customer service and talked to a very nice lady who explained everything to me so I wanted to pass on this information. From what she told me the orders have been cancelled, they actually got an alert in their system telling them that an invaild code was used and the orders would not be filled

If I understood correctly once you place an order it goes to the warehouse and then it is placed into the system to be processed. Once these "invalid orders" were at the warehouse they were cancelled right away and never even entered into the system.

That is why the order numbers are not showing up on their end but we have them. Hope that makes sense.....

I told her my worry was that I would be charged twice if I placed this order again and she told me that would not happen since it was basically stopped from the get go.

Customer service was very nice to me and answered everything I needed to know. It would have been great if it went through but I understand that it didn't so no hard feelings.

Hope this information is helpful to someone else....

Jason
Yes, this is actually an immensely helpful post, because it gives us an answer to the question at hand and also helps explain DD's wacky status update page (they should really integrate their systems better!).. thanks for the info and welcome.
Old 06-12-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaygarrick
Well, on DVDTALK, you usually get a thread started by site ownership announcing that it has started, and since in the past they have been a partner in the promotion, that thread encourages you to use the DVDTALK coupon code when ordering. That's how we've known in the past when the sale officially starts.
Last time I'm going to waste my time posting about this subject, since it doesn't really matter. But, many times this sale is first mentioned as being started due to someone finding only a code or two working at first. The exception to this was the first few times this sale happened, when we didn't know it existed or would be a reoccurring thing.
Old 06-12-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But like he said, the company puts a thread up. The first few times in the past where it was found by testing codes was a long, long, time ago.

I'm probably the only guy here that would rather have it start in July since I'll know if I'll have money to spend by the end of this month or not.
Old 06-12-09, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
But like he said, the company puts a thread up. The first few times in the past where it was found by testing codes was a long, long, time ago.

I'm probably the only guy here that would rather have it start in July since I'll know if I'll have money to spend by the end of this month or not.
I'm in the same boat as well, as soon as I found out that the sale would be in July, I took care of a few things financially that I would have held off on until July.
Old 06-12-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Seconded. I'm getting a car in a few weeks and might actually have a bit more disposable income next month.
Old 06-12-09, 04:20 PM

You're absolutely not the only one. As I mentioned earlier (either in this thread or the other one about DD), I'll be pleased as punch if the sale doesn't actually start till mid July. I am caught up on pretty much everything I want, but I have about half a dozen things coming out between now and the last week in July, so a later sale this year only helps me.
Old 06-12-09, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Darknite39
I hope my orders are honored, but, even if they aren't, I doubt the prices will be much different unless they don't do 25% off in the real sale.
Every title in my cancelled order was part of a current sale, so the prices will be much different for me next month. By inexplicably postponing the sale an extra month for the first time ever, DD has cost me about $50.
Old 06-12-09, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
By inexplicably postponing the sale an extra month for the first time ever, DD has cost me about $50.
No, you're just not getting to save $50 more than they intend to offer at. The 20%, or 25% sale, if and when it happens, will no doubt happen at a time when they have few to zero other sales going. Isn't that always how this goes?
Old 06-12-09, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Every title in my cancelled order was part of a current sale, so the prices will be much different for me next month. By inexplicably postponing the sale an extra month for the first time ever, DD has cost me about $50.
I thought they always ended the rest of their sales before the big 20% (or 25%) sales, regardless of what month they're in.
Old 06-12-09, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I thought they always ended the rest of their sales before the big 20% (or 25%) sales, regardless of what month they're in.
During the November 08 sale, I remember ordering a few WB box sets that were already part of a sale - the Steve McQueen and Paul Newman sets among them.
Old 06-12-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

During the November 08 sale, I remember ordering a few WB box sets that were already part of a sale - the Steve McQueen and Paul Newman sets among them.
How about a B1G1 Criterion/25% off sale? Eh, might as well bump that up to 30% while I'm dreaming.
Old 06-12-09, 05:55 PM

25% twice a year is the most we could ever ask for. Good for them, good for us. at 25% I go nuts and buy everything I can get my hands on. 20% not as much
Old 06-12-09, 07:21 PM

Hello everybody!!

This is my first post in this forum. Firstly i apologise for my poor english and every mistake i make writing, i hope you understand me.
I think that the sale must be sooner than 17th july because they have already actived the code "DVDPRICESEARCH". The discount now is 0% but they only need to change it to 20 or 25%.

Regards
Old 06-12-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. Entitlement issues?
Old 06-12-09, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The sale has specific start and end dates because DD gets special discounts/sales incentives from the studios that only apply to those dates. In the past certain studios would not participate in these incentives and their titles were excluded or removed from the listings during the sale.
Old 06-12-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Basque
Hello everybody!!

This is my first post in this forum. Firstly i apologise for my poor english and every mistake i make writing, i hope you understand me.
I think that the sale must be sooner than 17th july because they have already actived the code "DVDPRICESEARCH". The discount now is 0% but they only need to change it to 20 or 25%.

Regards
Yep, no "invalid code" message, but no discount, either. Seems like it's getting close.
Old 06-13-09, 12:04 AM

If you "Proceed to checkout" and go to the "Final order review" you can click on "Coupon or discount -ADD" and see "Discount DVDPRICESEARCH (-$0.00) has been applied to your order".
Old 06-14-09, 12:54 AM

You've just stated the reason why they won't honor invalid coupons. They don't want to offer you a coupon on top of a sale price, which isn't fair to them. In the past, they've always let their other sales expire before running the 20/25% off sale for that very reason. So if they had run the sale in June, as in past years, they wouldn't have offered the sale prices at the same time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.