Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

I was wondering why Gravity Falls complete was so cheap at $20 but then I saw it had basically no extras at all. Not worth it.
Old 03-07-19, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g
Not included. The shout factory sets at walmart tend to be stripped down versions at a budget price like the Bill and Ted's excellent adventure set.
To put a finer point on it, the Max Headroom set was missing disk 5 and the 16-page booklet. The Marx Brothers set was missing the 40-page booklet. I decided to suck up the Marx Brothers loss (maybe there's somewhere online where I can download and print my own??), but couldn't stomach the missing disk. I returned to Wal-Mart yesterday (I'd bought it from an out-of-town store and decided to wait until I visited that area again) and presented my opened Max Headroom set to Customer Service for a refund. I presented my case very clearly and walked away with a gift card and nearly no hassle. If anybody else feels ripped off (with this or any other "budget" Shout Factory set), I hope you will do the same.
Old 03-08-19, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

couldn't stomach the missing disk.
Same here - and I didn't buy it.
Old 06-18-19, 03:47 AM

Available now.

Fifteen dollars; Jaws DVD gift set - exclusive packaging (box) and fabric poster.
Old 06-18-19, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Get Smart complete series plus VUDU digital copy is $39.99 in store.
Old 10-01-19, 10:25 PM

"Spider-Man: Far From Home" - available now

​​​​​Exclusive retro action figure and packaging; BD/DVD/DC combo $27.96
Old 03-05-20, 03:29 AM

Many Warner and HBO DVDs are now ten dollars each. The stuff that should've appeared in last year's Black Friday.

Took home, "Chernobyl" and "Castle Rock" season one. Also saw season two of "West World" and others.

"Chernobyl" didn't come with its slipcover... so I got creative. I bought it. My store has the non-sale version - which is the same thing, but that has the slip. Pulled off a slipcover from a regular and put it over my copy on sale. Took it to the register, paid for it. It's a mint copy by the way.

Also saw one of the seasons of "American Gods". And the current(?) seasons "Supergirl, "The Flash" and "Arrow" off the top of my head.
Old 03-05-20, 03:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
To put a finer point on it, the Max Headroom set was missing disk 5 and the 16-page booklet. The Marx Brothers set was missing the 40-page booklet. I decided to suck up the Marx Brothers loss (maybe there's somewhere online where I can download and print my own??), but couldn't stomach the missing disk. I returned to Wal-Mart yesterday (I'd bought it from an out-of-town store and decided to wait until I visited that area again) and presented my opened Max Headroom set to Customer Service for a refund. I presented my case very clearly and walked away with a gift card and nearly no hassle. If anybody else feels ripped off (with this or any other "budget" Shout Factory set), I hope you will do the same.
I have actually seen media of dvd series donated to thrift and as u try check for the condition if scratch etc and saw it was missing a cd lol. now why donate media if not gonna include all the cds lol. lucky i checkd or would be a pain since cant get refund from thrift since they have sign buying as is so u get what u pay for so gotta check all before snag any. cool they atleast gave gift card and didnt cause any hassles any .
Old 03-05-20, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The deluxe Omen Collector's Blu-ray box set is showing up at some Walmarts for $39.96, way cheaper than anywhere else.

Apparently stores are currently getting a reset.
Old 03-06-20, 10:59 AM

I check their bins and by chance aisles and some in aisle i may have got sell fast lol cause some 5 bucks or less by chance. but rest just are aisle warmers lol. not sure when they fill the bins but they do sell once hit bins if buyers have not gone streaming yet. i got so much from snagging from different shops i gotta start decluttering to score more good stuff.
Old 05-14-21, 04:21 AM

"Shrek: 20th Anniversary Edition"; two disc set with slipcover is ten bucks.

Didn't know this was also on DVD, picked up a copy.
Old 05-15-21, 01:03 AM

Not sure they put media in ads much expect for holidays any, so gotta just check and see what can get cheap any. most times i got collections by chance is at biglots any since closer to them really.
Old 05-22-21, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like the bargain bins are starting to get a new mix of Blu-rays and DVDs in some locations.
Old 05-24-21, 03:42 AM

Seen walmart by me have like 2 bins kinda of dvd and maybe blu rays any but coverd with dvd since dvd in ways sell less then blu rays. but keep thinking streaming has maybe caused dvd and blu rays to sell less now as media sells almost anyplace around me. i just know where to go for the cheapest and then go from there.the is for movies and tv shows anytime.
Old 05-24-21, 07:25 AM

but keep thinking streaming has maybe caused dvd and blu rays to sell less now
What's causing that dip is stores putting everything behind glass. You have to get help to buy anything - and often that help will take ten or nearly twenty mintues of standing around. Who has the keys? *shrugs* This has been hurting sales, not able to randomly buy.

since dvd in ways sell less then blu rays
My local stores - Blu-Ray is barely present, DVD is king.
Old 05-29-21, 02:37 AM

Yea, seen videos where the media was behind glass door and was like wow lol. so guess if they keep locking up media and u gotta wait to get then some or many gonna say f**k it and check cell and order as scan barcodes to get it online lol. that what some or many do use store as showroom and order stuff online and not in store sometimes. i have got stuf from aisle sometime but most time from bins any. i check the bins anytime i by chance can go and check any or just get from dt or biglots or anyplace i know it cheaper lol. but have a lot not even watchd yet so never really in rush to get new unless check when need get other needs by chance. but i get a mix of dvd and bluray sometimes if with dvd any. and 4k is the new blu ray to me so no rush to get 4k unless by chance see at dt any lol from what i have read sometimes.
Old 05-29-21, 07:24 AM

but have a lot not even watchd yet so never really in rush to get new
This is where we really disagree. No such thing as having too much, pending.
Old 05-30-21, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have noticed some Walmarts basically locking up their entire UHD assortment. I guess theft rates on them are fairly high. If you scavenge on eBay, you'll notice an amazing amount of media correlates well to what Walmart currently carries.

But I think locking everything up depresses sales. I dread bringing something up to the cashier in a case because half the time they have no idea how to get it unlocked without assistance.
Old 05-30-21, 11:04 PM

I remember when dvd use to have security stickers inside case so had be rubbed on counter to deactivate it any lol.
Old 05-31-21, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

A little off-topic. I guess the Walmart in my town has a problem with theft of mostly cheap bicycle related items.
They had most of the cheap items locked up in a security case and I needed a few $5 bike tubes, Had to call someone and it took forever.
And the employee had to bring them up to the check stand for me to purchase.
I'm sure whoever is steal this crap just moved on to something not locked up.

I did not even check the media on my visit. Next time..
Old 05-31-21, 03:55 PM

Yea, walmart worry gonna loose their bilions any so lock up stuff anyone try steal at time. i guess they note what gets stoeln anytime and get cabinets any to lock it up anytime lol. imagine if u had to get help cause almost anything was locked up lol. so as stuff is noted to get stolen they just gonna add more cabinets lol. i see videos some stores check receipts and some dont i guess idk.
Old 06-01-21, 07:48 AM

*nods*

It's depressing.
Old 06-03-21, 10:28 PM

I wonder for reals if any walmarts have a outside garden stuff area to parking lot if anyone try act as if shopping and wait for workers to go in for any reason or turn back and they roll out with anything they carry or basket of stuff lol. cause if planned right they make too easy to walk out with stuff from side lol. all this is just guessing.
Old 06-04-21, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's my understanding the majority of thefts at Walmart are inside jobs aided by employees.
Old 06-04-21, 02:47 AM

I guess they act as if was sold but dont check receipt if still do any and just split stuff so ea get whatever without paying for it any i guess so like a carry out but not paid any i guess.