Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Criterion Sale at DVD Pacific

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Criterion Sale at DVD Pacific

They have some great prices on Criterion Collections up to end of April. Over 400 titles in the sale. Link below:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/search2008...ecial-promo-38

I already have most of what I want from Criterion but will pick some more up that I have been on the fence about in this sale I think.
Old 03-10-09, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Criterion Sale at DVD Pacific

Thx for the link. Have never shopped at DVDPacific. Any coupons?
Old 03-10-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sale isn't so great for Blu-rays. DVD Empire is better.
Old 03-10-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't check closely, but just from scanning through it looks like all of these are still more expensive than during the DVDPlanet sale twice a year...

That's assuming, of course, that there will be another DVDPlanet sale (fingers crossed).

Thanks for sharing, though!
Old 03-10-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wages Of Fear (SD) is four bucks cheaper at CD Universe, but shipping charges cancel out the savings.
Old 03-10-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

The two criterions I am currently looking for are about $3 cheaper in this sale, than they are at amazon with normal pricing. Plus amazon ships for free
Old 03-10-09, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the post OP but Where is the sale ? This prices are outrageous!!! is there any coupon or code ?
Old 03-10-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Membership prices ? I wonder if the membership is free?

And alot of the lower priced ones are 'Essential Art' or Janus DVD's,still good.But the cases are some of the cheapest I have ever owned.I have 2 out of 4 that will not even close at all.I know its just the case,and its transfer of the movie thats what important.

So they are not true Criterions,no spline number,disc does not say Criterion..etc..
Just wanted to pass along this info.
Old 03-10-09, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Membership prices ? I wonder if the membership is free?
It's a free membership. Basically, by setting up an account, you're a member. I've ordered several time from DVD Pacific and have never had any problems. They also offer free shipping with no minimum purchase.

The Criterion prices aren't that great. They do tend to have decent prices on some indie label DVDs (Synapse, Blue Underground, etc.), but the major label prices are nothing to get excited about.
Old 03-10-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
The two criterions I am currently looking for are about $3 cheaper in this sale, than they are at amazon with normal pricing. Plus amazon ships for free
Guess you missed the big FREE SHIPPING at the top of their page.....

Yes that’s right! Your favorite online DVD store now offers free standard shipping on all qualifying orders. Over 90% of all DVD and CD we offer will ship for free. Exclusions only include non standard releases and box sets where weight is above that of a normal release. Your shipping charges for these items will be shown at order and check out.

USPS Standard shipping will be the default method for all orders placed and shipping is completely free when your order does not contain any box sets or special editions. Wait it gets better. We will also include at absolutely no charge a delivery confirmation with all standard shipping.

USPS Standard delivery is available to all 50 United States. Place your order before 10am and we will typically have it filled and shipped same day for any in stock items. Back orders and pre orders will be shipped as they arrive into stock and they will ship for free.

Standard delivery is typically made within a 5-10 day time frame. So get shopping now to take advantage of this great offer.

Since Amazon usually waits 3-7 days to send out anything with free shipping for non-prime customers, and since no minimum is required here as it is at Amazon, and since Amazon now charges sales tax for New Yorkers ...... I'll probably be using DVD Pacific a little more now.