Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Hideshi Hino's "Theater of Horror" (6 DVD set) - $6.95 (plus shipping) at Oldies

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hideshi Hino's "Theater of Horror" (6 DVD set) - $6.95 (plus shipping) at Oldies

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 07:36 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Hideshi Hino's "Theater of Horror" (6 DVD set) - $6.95 (plus shipping) at Oldies

Originally Posted by drmoze
explain.
While I don't doubt that items were shipped without some sort of follow up e-mail, I just doubt that some CSR actually swore at that guy. And if they did, I doubt the OP of that message wouldn't have made a stink, called back, spoke to a supervisor, and tried to get something for their grief.
Old 03-04-09, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hideshi Hino's "Theater of Horror" (6 DVD set) - $6.95 (plus shipping) at Oldies

their customer service is great actually and is part of the reason i would buy from them again
Old 03-04-09, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
While I don't doubt that items were shipped without some sort of follow up e-mail, I just doubt that some CSR actually swore at that guy. And if they did, I doubt the OP of that message wouldn't have made a stink, called back, spoke to a supervisor, and tried to get something for their grief.

Yes, she did swear at me. I have nothing to gain by stating this. I am not sure what vested interest you have in this but I know that she did. I heard it. She cussed me and hung up the phone. As for following up, I did call back and complain to the next CSR but he said there was nothing they could do. They even sent me an email later stating, once again, that all of my items had shipped, when I know for a fact that they didn't. Like I said before, worst online transaction ever, and I buy a ton of stuff online. I will never buy from oldies.com again. Do what you will with this info, I just felt the need to warn others about oldies.com as I would want someone to warn me. Thanks.
Old 03-09-09, 10:44 PM

my audio track drops out towards the end of doll cemetery
Old 03-10-09, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by for_reels
Yes, she did swear at me. I have nothing to gain by stating this. I am not sure what vested interest you have in this but I know that she did. I heard it. She cussed me and hung up the phone. As for following up, I did call back and complain to the next CSR but he said there was nothing they could do. They even sent me an email later stating, once again, that all of my items had shipped, when I know for a fact that they didn't. Like I said before, worst online transaction ever, and I buy a ton of stuff online. I will never buy from oldies.com again. Do what you will with this info, I just felt the need to warn others about oldies.com as I would want someone to warn me. Thanks.
I stated many times in different posts that Oldies is just a horrible place to buy stuff. Prices are cheap but does not worth the stress that they cause during the process.
Old 03-10-09, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Last summer I called Oldies customer service to see if I could add a couple more titles to my order before it mailed out (to avoid shipping charges for a new order). The guy on the phone copped an attitude and told me "Why didn't you just do this in the beginning?". Fine, maybe he had a point - but great way to discourage future business. He also made fun of the titles of some of the Midnite Movie Double Features I had ordered (as if to imply, "Why are you buying this crap?").

After that I told him to cancel any unshipped items from my order because he could not tell me whether they would EVER be restocked and that they usually just leave orders open for indefinite periods of time "just in case" a reshipment arrives. Two months later one of the cancelled DVDs shows up in my mailbox. I e-mail them this time and a woman was very courteous and personally sorted out the problem. I had to pay to send the thing back to them, but she did reimburse me for the shipping fees. More hassle than it's worth, really. I'll still use them because of the clearance prices, but only when they have a free shipping or coupon offer going.

Last edited by joe_b; 03-10-09 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-14-09, 09:04 PM

I ordered Theater of Horror as well as Exploitation Madness (10 disk) and Chalkdust Memories. I received the entire order in 8 days and all the disks were in perfect condition. Shipping was less than $4 for all 3 sets. I'm sure there are others with problems, but it worked well for me.
Old 03-14-09, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth, I've placed a few orders with them and have had no problems. (Knocks on wood.)