Deep Discount
$15
$21
$23
misc store
$
$
$

These weekly threads are for price comparisons of all the big new releases, and the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Wednesday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; we'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Hulk vs - trading cards with 2 disc SE (1 pack) and blu-ray (2 packs) only
Open Season 2 - bundled in larger box with backpack
WWE Legends Exclusive (Vol. 4-6)

Target -
Open Season 2 - bonus DVD
Hulk Vs. - bonus CD-Rom on both SD releases (not on blu-ray)

Circuit City -
liquidation sale in progress
I searched and found nothing new

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Hulk Vs. 2 disc edition - mini comic
Open Season 2 - bundled with plush

K-Mart/Sears -

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
nothing found

Barnes and Noble -

Borders -

Costco -
Open Season 2 - bundled with Pez Dispenser

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster -

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us -

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the stores to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 03-16-09 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-24-09, 11:31 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 1/25/08 to 1/31/09

Updated.
Old 01-24-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 1/25/08 to 1/31/09

Thanks Trevor! Would be lost without your thread
Old 01-25-09, 10:30 PM

What he said.
Old 01-26-09, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what they said.
Old 01-26-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hindolio
what they said.
What everybody said.
Old 01-26-09, 07:49 AM

Stop it unless you all want to read a Sally Field-like post.
Old 01-26-09, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Stop it unless you all want to read a Sally Field-like post.
What he said.
Old 01-26-09, 05:42 PM

? whats going on man ? I am lost.
Old 01-27-09, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this is getting ridiculous! on top of that, where are the exclusives?! but seriously...

what sally field said.
Old 01-27-09, 08:54 AM

Target has an exclusive CD-ROM comic book with HULK Vs., both single and dual disc versions. The single disc comes in a lenticular slipcover, while the dual disc has a traditional one. Not sure if other retailers have the same slipcovers, but the CD-ROMs are Target exclusives for sure.
Old 01-27-09, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
Target has an exclusive CD-ROM comic book with HULK Vs., both single and dual disc versions. The single disc comes in a lenticular slipcover, while the dual disc has a traditional one. Not sure if other retailers have the same slipcovers, but the CD-ROMs are Target exclusives for sure.
Does the CD-ROM also come with BR or it is jusr for SD ?
Old 01-27-09, 10:30 AM

Good question, I forgot to look!

Blu-ray is not really on my radar just yet, but I can check when I hit Target again later.
Old 01-27-09, 11:57 AM

Snowing pretty hard here, and this is my only day off out of like 16 straight, think I'll stay in and watch Oscar DVDs today. But I'll hit a few stores later in the week.

Thanks for the Target update Ajay, figured they'd continue with the CD-Rom on all Marvel animation releases. I'm going to guess no on the blu-ray, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 01-27-09, 03:27 PM

Stay home and stay safe, Trevor. I'm happy to pick up the slack when I can. Found a few other Hulk Vs. exclusives while I was out today.

Wal-Mart has a mini comic packed inside the case, but only on the 2-disc version.

Also, the Best Buy exclusive has an interesting wrinkle. The 2-disc version does come with the aforementioned trading cards, but the Blu-ray comes with MORE trading cards! I couldn't determine whether the cards themselves are exclusive, or if they're existing cards merely packaged with the discs. The description of the cards varies from one source to another -- the sticker on the package refers to them as a "set of trading cards" while the the weekly sales circular refers to them as a "pack of trading cards." If they are indeed random packs, then they are likely culled from some existing set of cards, yet if they are in fact sets, then that could mean that the additional set of cards in the Blu-ray are unique to that set. Er... can anybody add info from their personal experience? I probably won't be opening these until I figure out what's what. Though I don't yet have a Blu-ray player, I may just buy the Blu-ray of this title just to get the extra cards, if they're worth it.

Lastly, I stopped by Costco and they have a version of Open Season 2 with a Pez dispenser. Not sure if it's exclusive, but I didn't see it anywhere else today.

Wasn't able to hit Target again, so hopefully somebody else can find out if the Blu-ray also has the CD-ROM (as you say, Trevor, carried over from their earlier Marvel animated features).
Old 01-27-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts

Kind of disappointed, kind of glad Hulk Vs. doesn't have a steelbook. I'm such a sucker for those things it really does make me buy a movie when I wasn't planning on it or waiting for it to drop in price. ALA Clone Wars, Gotham Knight,
Old 01-27-09, 06:05 PM

Oh, and I noticed that Open Season 2 was available at Wal-Mart with a beanbag character, not sure of the specifics. But I saw it and figured I'd pass it along.
Old 01-27-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any details on the Open Season 2 Target bonus dvd?
Old 01-27-09, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thanks for the Target update Ajay, figured they'd continue with the CD-Rom on all Marvel animation releases.
Man, I was gonna sit back and wait for Hulk VS. to plummet in price within 6 months, but I have to get it now since I've been getting the Target exclusives of the Marvel Animated movies with CD-ROM since Ultimate Avengers 2. I still regret not knowing about and getting the first Ultimate Avengers with the CD-ROM since I never see it pop up anywhere for sale, not even on eBay. I really wish I had that one to complete my collection. If anybody has one they'd be willing to sell, please let me know.
Old 01-27-09, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if im not mistaken, the target exclusive for hulk vs is a digital comic book? have the past comic book dvd exclusives been similar?
Old 01-28-09, 05:37 PM

Yes hindolio, according to the sticker, the CD-ROM is a digital comic book of The Mighty Thor. Target has had similar exclusive CD-ROM comics for the Marvel animated features since the first "Ultimate Avengers" disc a few years ago. Speaking of which, I still haven't been able to find out if the Target Blu-ray of Hulk Vs. comes with the exclusive.

For that matter, has anybody found out what the deal is with the extra trading cards in the Best Buy version?

FYI, if anyone was wondering, I can confirm that the Circuit City version of this title does not contain anything exclusive, since the location near me is still receiving new releases and got nothing unique for this. I also checked with Toys R Us and they didn't seem to have anything exclusive either, but you know how it goes, not every location within a given chain gets the same stuff.

Lastly, has anybody been able to check Borders yet?

Last edited by Ajay C; 01-28-09 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-28-09, 11:25 PM

Has anyone spotted [rec] yet? It was supposed to come out yesterday and all the ads were advertising it as being available at Best Buy and Wal Mart. Went to 3 Wal Marts, 2 Best Buys and an FYE and no one got them in.
Old 01-31-09, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Kind of disappointed, kind of glad Hulk Vs. doesn't have a steelbook. I'm such a sucker for those things it really does make me buy a movie when I wasn't planning on it or waiting for it to drop in price. ALA Clone Wars, Gotham Knight,
The Marvel Animation Releases were under Lionsgate Home Entertainment release and Lions Gate North America didnt do any dealings with Scanovo yet.
Old 01-31-09, 10:27 PM

bestbuy got the WWE Legends Exclusive (Vol. 4-6)
Old 02-01-09, 10:41 AM

A little late, but I hit 10 chains last night. Updates made.

Lee Hero, I didn't see [Rec] anywhere, but I only searched the new releases sections.

This week's thread coming later today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.