Best Buy Prices: October 5 - October 11, 2008

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: October 5 - October 11, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My store in the Bay Area had about 10 of the Buffy additional disks and they were on the shelf next to the Buffy DVDs. I picked one up and apparently they haven't adjusted the registers to charge you for it. I got it for free without buying any DVDs.

I did however buy a big stack of blank DVD disks, which are on sale this week. Some folks had noted that none were on sale last week, so I waited until this week to load up on 100 Memorex DVD+R for $22.99.

I saw that Magnum season 8 was on sale for 19.99 but foolishly left the store before checking to see if the others were on sale as well. When I got home and checked out DVDTalk, I saw that my intuition that all seasons would be on sale was correct. So it was back online to order all 8 seasons for in-store pick up. I'll pick them up tomorrow when I drop in to get Sleeping Beauty and the free alarm clock.

I also noted that there were still a lot of Iron Man busts that hadn't sold as well. My guess is, the high price, even with the gift card inside, was a big deterrent.

Last edited by HOSALE; 10-06-08 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-06-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by -TRANCE-
According to BestBuy.com, Child's Play 20th Birthday Edition is only $4.99 in store this week.
DEAD.

it's 7.49 now.
Of course it changed WHILE I was in the store :\
Old 10-06-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

According to BestBuy.com, Child's Play 20th Birthday Edition is only $4.99 in store this week.

DEAD.

it's 7.49 now.
I guess I won't be getting it then. I had printed the web page on Sunday to use for the PM on Tuesday just in case, but now that the price has changed I know from past experience they won't give it to me because they always check the web page in hopes the price has gone back up after it was printed out so they can get out of the PM.

I had contemplated ordering it online for in-store pickup, but decided since it was ringing up $4.99 in-store that I wanted to use my 10% off coupon for an extra 50c off. I didn't know it was a 2-day only deal. Fortunately it's not a movie I care that much about. To me it was a comedy rather than a horror movie. So I'll just wait for $4.99 again... however long it takes.

Last edited by Manzana; 10-07-08 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-06-08, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
DEAD.

it's 7.49 now.
Wow, I checked this morning online and it was still $4.99. So, I stop by during lunch at about 1:30pm and the CR checked the web and I got it for $4.99 plus also pick up the Buffy Exclusive for Free. I guess I'm happy I did it today instead of tomorrow while picking up Sleeping Beauty Blu.
Old 10-06-08, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
How many did your stores have? And where are they at? I'm not gonna be able to go until Tuesday...hopefully they still have some left.
I nabbed 3 Buffy discs today. Woot! Mine had about 100 or so out on the shelves.
Old 10-07-08, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Shit, I won't be able to get to Best Buy until Friday.

Hope they still have some in-stock.

I might go ahead and order one from the website for $4.99, though, just to insure I can get one.
Old 10-07-08, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Hope they still have some in-stock.
I might go ahead and order one from the website for $4.99, though, just to insure I can get one.
How could you order Child's Play for $4.99 when their website shows $7.49 as of yesterday?
Old 10-07-08, 07:46 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by scarredgod
did anyone else get this by itself? did it also ring up at $0.00? i dont want to get in line for it if its actually free. was there a security sensor in it?
I got this by itself, and mine rang up for free too.
No there wasn't a security sensor in it.

BUT - I wouldn't pick it off the shelf and try to walk out with it. It's their property, not yours, until you ring out and get a receipt. Being busted for shoplifting a $0.00 item is really silly.
Old 10-07-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
How could you order Child's Play for $4.99 when their website shows $7.49 as of yesterday?
He's talking about the Buffy disc.
Old 10-07-08, 12:28 PM

Of course I saw zero envelopes to mail in a used Disney DVD for the gift card, and I didn't want to have to deal with talking to an employee that would have no idea what I'm talking about.
Old 10-07-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kajs
Of course I saw zero envelopes to mail in a used Disney DVD for the gift card, and I didn't want to have to deal with talking to an employee that would have no idea what I'm talking about.
they were in the side of the Sleeping Beauty cardboard stand up display
Old 10-07-08, 02:48 PM

Has anyone seen the new 2-disc Touch of Evil in store? The Best Buy website says its available online only, but I can't believe that's true.
Old 10-07-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Raffurar
This is excellent. Everyone should also know that Disney has a rebate included with the blu-ray for $10 with a proof of purchase of the original Sleeping Beauty Special Edition DVD (From experience, they're swift with these rebates!). So I'll send Disney my proof of purchase, and send Best Buy my old Disc. This will get me the Blu-Ray for around $5!
Saw the display at Best Buy today, but there was no indication on the DVD slipcase of the proof of purchase rebate. Therefore, I passed on it.

Can someone prove me wrong on this?
Old 10-07-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RayJ
Has anyone seen the new 2-disc Touch of Evil in store? The Best Buy website says its available online only, but I can't believe that's true.
I didn't see any of the Hitchcock releases for this week available in store. In a month or so, it won't matter as a certain 20% off sale will be approaching...
Old 10-07-08, 03:18 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by tofferman
I didn't see any of the Hitchcock releases for this week available in store. In a month or so, it won't matter as a certain 20% off sale will be approaching...
Plus if you factor in shipping and taxes, you're not really saving that much if you order all four from Amazon and call it a day. I'll wait for DeepDiscount as well. A shame, really, but I think my Hitchcock Masterpiece collection can get me through all of this all right.
Old 10-07-08, 04:03 PM

My nearest store in Worcester, MA, didn't have any Buffy discs. An employee checked and told me they never received them, along with the exclusive Cartman figure. It's probably worth $4.99 to me to not have to drive back to the store in a few days so I might just order one from the site.
Old 10-07-08, 04:26 PM

That's too bad about Touch of Evil. I was hoping to watch it this weekend and just presumed that Best Buy would carry it (I have a gift card). The release date sneaked up on me as well.
Old 10-07-08, 04:47 PM

how exactly does the $10 gift card offer work with the Sleeping Beauty blu-ray?
Old 10-07-08, 07:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by tofferman
Color me newbie, but are you referring to another Deep Discount thing? Do they do one at Christmastime too?
Old 10-07-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
how exactly does the $10 gift card offer work with the Sleeping Beauty blu-ray?
From their website:
Spoiler:

Best Buy DVD Buy Back Program

Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card by mail when you purchase the 50th Anniversary Edition of Sleeping Beauty on Blu-ray Disc and send in any used Disney DVD.

Offer valid in store only. See store for details and mail-in form.

Best Buy Standard Terms and Conditions:

Limit of one $10 Best Buy gift card per household. The Blu-ray Disc version of Sleeping Beauty must be purchased during the promotion period beginning 10/07/2008 and ending 10/11/2008, and must be identified on one receipt. All rebate submissions are subject to purchase validation; returned products are not eligible for the gift card payment. Product may not be returned for full purchase price once the gift card has been fulfilled. Customers who receive a price match, of any type, will not be eligible for the gift card. Those who receive a gift card and later receive a price match, will have the value of the gift card deducted from the price match. Gift Receipts are not accepted as proof of purchase.

Best Buy and its fulfillment companies are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, late, lost, mutilated, misdirected or postage-due requests. All rebate materials and requests for each gift card must be sent in separate envelopes, postmarked by the offer deadline, and sent to the address listed on the Rebate Form. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests and/or providing false information disqualifies this gift card request and could result in federal prosecution for U.S. Mail Fraud. Best Buy reserves the right to deny and/or disregard any gift card request if deemed to be false or fraudulent. Best Buy gift card is paid in U.S. funds. Information submitted with any gift card request will be handled according to the Best Buy Privacy Policy, which can be found on www.BestBuy.com or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law. Requests from Best Buy employees will not be honored or acknowledged. Keep a photocopy of all materials submitted for your records.

Mail to: Dealtree
2040 N. Rosebud Blvd.
Bidg. D, Suite 110
McKinney, TX 75069-8213

Old 10-07-08, 09:06 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 12-26-08 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-07-08, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
From their website:
Spoiler:

Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card by mail when you purchase the 50th Anniversary Edition of Sleeping Beauty on Blu-ray Disc and send in any used Disney DVD.

Limit of one $10 Best Buy gift card per household. The Blu-ray Disc version of Sleeping Beauty must be purchased during the promotion period beginning 10/07/2008 and ending 10/11/2008, and must be identified on one receipt. All rebate submissions are subject to purchase validation; returned products are not eligible for the gift card payment. Product may not be returned for full purchase price once the gift card has been fulfilled. Customers who receive a price match, of any type, will not be eligible for the gift card. Those who receive a gift card and later receive a price match, will have the value of the gift card deducted from the price match. Gift Receipts are not accepted as proof of purchase.

Best Buy and its fulfillment companies are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, late, lost, mutilated, misdirected or postage-due requests. All rebate materials and requests for each gift card must be sent in separate envelopes, postmarked by the offer deadline, and sent to the address listed on the Rebate Form. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests and/or providing false information disqualifies this gift card request and could result in federal prosecution for U.S. Mail Fraud. Best Buy reserves the right to deny and/or disregard any gift card request if deemed to be false or fraudulent. Best Buy gift card is paid in U.S. funds. Information submitted with any gift card request will be handled according to the Best Buy Privacy Policy, which can be found on www.BestBuy.com or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law. Requests from Best Buy employees will not be honored or acknowledged. Keep a photocopy of all materials submitted for your records.

2040 N. Rosebud Blvd.
Bidg. D, Suite 110
McKinney, TX 75069-8213

seems like such an odd promotion... why would Disney want our old DVDs?
Old 10-08-08, 12:27 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Is there no additional rebate form for upgrading from the standard dvd of sleeping beauty? I bought the BR and there was no rebate form inside only the envelope deal for a gift card.

Also do you send the Disney DVD without the case? There doesn't appear to be room in the envelope for more than that.

Last edited by g; 10-08-08 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-08-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by cinemaphile
Color me newbie, but are you referring to another Deep Discount thing? Do they do one at Christmastime too?
They've done them in June and November for years now. (Just don't ask when the next one is, or everyone will flip out.)
Old 10-08-08, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
From their website:
Spoiler:

2040 N. Rosebud Blvd.
Bidg. D, Suite 110
McKinney, TX 75069-8213

That's a cool name for a road. I wonder if it snows there. I picture a nice little hill with lots of kids using their red sleds...

So there is only the one $10 rebate when you send in a Disney DVD then. No upgrade rebate.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.