Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Prices: August 31 - September 6, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transformers 2 Disc Special Edition w/ Transforming Case >>>> $17.99 ????

Transformers DVD + Bonus Collectible Optimus Prime Mask >>>> $12.99
That transforming megatron dvd case will go nice w/my Optimus prime case
Old 08-31-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Anyone have a report on what some of the other $2.99 titles that are available in store for this sale?
Old 08-31-08, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Anyone have a report on what some of the other $2.99 titles that are available in store for this sale?
There was not much in there. I saw "The Omen" (remake), and I think I saw "Johnny Dangerously" as well.

Also I saw "Ronin" in the $4.99 bin.

Personally I picked up "Monster Squad" and "Big Trouble in Little China".
Old 08-31-08, 02:48 PM

11 AM - Zero $2.99 dvds except 2 copies of Chain Reaction were avalible at my store. Grabed an ad and pm'ed somwhere else. I Should check again tomorrow to see what unadvertised titles show up.
Old 08-31-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Circuit City is a fucking joke. I used to defend them, but now, I can't.

Now they have all of these advertised prices for this week.. they had NO $2.99 DVDs, and nothing else that was in the ad. I went in for Office Seasons 2 and 3.. they had ONE copy of each (which I grabbed), leaving left none on the first day of a sale. Their $14.99 Blu-ray selection was ridiculous. They had this little bin on wheels in the middle of one of the aisles, and all they had was 2 copies each of Swordfish and Bullitt.

Not only that, but they still had a lot of signage up indicating sales from LAST week. I had an argument with the one clueless employee about price matching one of the DVDs that were on sale for $4.99 last week since the sign was still up indicating that it was on sale. I ended getting it at a discounted price, but overall, what a sorry selection.

If you can, grab the ad and PM at Best Buy. No need going through all that hassle or digging through TONS of unorganized DVDs (the TV-On-DVD was scattered and all mixed together) and getting attitude from employees. I wish I did that now.

I should've known better from CC as it is. My last purchase from them was back in February for Smash Bros for the Wii. I haven't had a reason to shop there since. About three weeks ago I got an oddball refund from the same store for some amount that I never paid. They refunded like $14.76 into my checking account for a return. I hadn't stepped foot in to a store since 6 months prior, so I didn't know where it came from. Customer Service was no help, and neither was the store that gave me $14. They had NO idea where it came from.

Now I'm not complaining about "free money", but the fact they they put it in there ALL that time after it passed.. they could easily take it out and them some again. Who knows.

The store I got The Office at is barely a year old on top of that. It looks like a monsoon hit it on the inside. Tons of redshirts and no one to help you. That's really sad. I always liked them better than Best Buy, but now, I think they pretty much fit in the same category.
Old 09-01-08, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like others are reporting, my CC's $2.99 & $4.99 bins were a joke. The $2.99 bin only had Chain Reaction and one other film. The $4.99 bin was a mess and had mostly Crash and the Avenger titles. I went back to the DVD section of the store and found Big Trouble in Little China on the $6.99 rack and Monster Squad back with the regular DVD's. Both rang up correctly...

I would love to have seen what other $2.99 titles were available. I already watched BTLC last night (hadn't seen it since I was a kid)...very fun movie.
Old 09-01-08, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by nmr1723
Like others are reporting, my CC's $2.99 & $4.99 bins were a joke. The $2.99 bin only had Chain Reaction and one other film. The $4.99 bin was a mess and had mostly Crash and the Avenger titles. I went back to the DVD section of the store and found Big Trouble in Little China on the $6.99 rack and Monster Squad back with the regular DVD's. Both rang up correctly...
My experience exactly. The bins were an unlabeled mess with only a few titles in them, but I tracked down Big Trouble in Little China and The Monster Squad elsewhere in the store.
Old 09-01-08, 01:00 PM

Bought Big Trouble in Little China & Chain Reaction this morning.

The CC I went to had quite a few titles in the $4.99 bin. So I guess it's a YMMV.

FYI: CC in the Promenade in Bolingbrook is the CC I went to.
Old 09-02-08, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought Carmen Jones for $2.99 and one $9.99 CD.

Their CD selection is truly terrible.
Old 09-02-08, 08:59 AM

Did I read that right? GH3 for PS3 (The guitar/game bundle) is only 79.99 this whole week? I might pick that up.

Can someone confirm this?
Old 09-02-08, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
I bought Carmen Jones for $2.99 and one $9.99 CD.

Their CD selection is truly terrible.
I picked up Carmen Jones as well, the only 2.99 dvd left.

I have a new Best Buy opening up next door to CC. I can't wait as I find that besides being much, much, much more organized, BB has a more varied selection. This, I find, applies to dvds as well as their cd selection.