Image Buy 1 Get 1 Free @ DD

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Image Buy 1 Get 1 Free @ DD

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh, ok. Thanks for making it clear. How much does FYE give back in trade in for those Twilight Zone collections? That would make me want to order 2 sets as opposed to seperately ordering the definitive Twilight Zone sets.
Old 08-25-08, 07:58 AM

Secondspin shows $21.50 trade-in for each of the old Twilight Zone Collections. After splitting an order with my coworker, Live cashback, and selling my old sets, I'm making ~$20 to upgrade.

Kinda softens the blow from the ~$350 I spent on the old collections.

EDIT: Prolly gonna stop by FYE before sending the sets to Second Spin. Their trade in prices are usually pretty close to Second Spin prices, but they give an extra 25% if you opt for store credit.

Last edited by bang4dabuc; 08-25-08 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-25-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like they are out of stock on the Twilight sets. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on this. No telling when they will ship now. I ordered a game that was out of stock, and they finally shipped it 4 months later!
Old 08-25-08, 11:36 AM

Mine said a pre-order, to be shipped by September 16th. Not bad.
Old 08-25-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NoirFan
I was only really interested in the first two Twilight Zone sets, but at $23.62 each I'm sorely tempted to order 3 and 4 as well.
Personally, In terms of Twilight Zone seasons, I'd skip season 4 and buy season 5 instead. The hour long episodes from the fourth season really don't stack up against some of the classics in season 5. Read the reviews here at DVDtalk for more details.

-beebs
Old 08-25-08, 12:14 PM

If you place a pre-order on DD with Bill Me Later, and the order goes through, does that mean you've been accepted? Or do you have to wait until the order is scheduled to ship to know whether you've been accepted by BML? This is my first Bill Me Later order and I'm kind of confused as to how it all works. My order went through but I haven't received any sort of e-mail from BML about my account.
Old 08-25-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone seen Jupiter Moon, and since they don't have the first set, would I be lost if I started with set 2 or 3?
Old 08-25-08, 12:53 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
This was probably mentioned already, but they have added a lot of titles to the B1G1F list.
Old 08-25-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ I don't think that's been mentioned.

I just skimmed the list, and didn't see anything new. I had gone through it pretty thoroughly a few times before I placed my orders because I wanted either another $16.88, $33.75 title, or $26.99 title (or something close to them) to save the most money. Nothing jumped out at me as anything I hadn't seen before.

Can you give a couple of examples?
Old 08-25-08, 01:56 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheato
^ I don't think that's been mentioned.

I just skimmed the list, and didn't see anything new. I had gone through it pretty thoroughly a few times before I placed my orders because I wanted either another $16.88, $33.75 title, or $26.99 title (or something close to them) to save the most money. Nothing jumped out at me as anything I hadn't seen before.

Can you give a couple of examples?
Maybe I initially looked at it on day one, but I swear there are dozens of new titles there now.

The three Tales of Tomorrows weren't there when I first looked for example.
Old 08-26-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got a shipping confirmation on the TZ complete sets today - so it may be coming earlier for the rest of you too. Good, I don't want to wait!
Old 08-26-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Has anyone seen Jupiter Moon, and since they don't have the first set, would I be lost if I started with set 2 or 3?
Probably. It is very much a soap opera. I bailed after the first disc or so -- just wasn't my taste. I'd definitely recommend a quick Netflix of disc #1 before shelling out for sets on a blind buy.
Old 08-26-08, 07:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Can anyone point me towards a picture of what the Twilight Zone Definitive Collection looks like? Will it fit on a regular DVD shelf? Is it fairly easy to get discs? Anything that will wear out with high usage? I can't seem to find any of these issues addressed in the many reviews I've found on the net so far... --Peter
Old 08-26-08, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Can anyone point me towards a picture of what the Twilight Zone Definitive Collection looks like? Will it fit on a regular DVD shelf? Is it fairly easy to get discs? Anything that will wear out with high usage? I can't seem to find any of these issues addressed in the many reviews I've found on the net so far... --Peter
Amazon has some images of the set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B000H5U5EE/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all
Old 08-26-08, 10:57 PM

For TZ, looks like just the regular season sets packed into a box, that's it. Mine's in the mail, I'll report on it when it arrives.
Old 08-26-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Probably. It is very much a soap opera. I bailed after the first disc or so -- just wasn't my taste. I'd definitely recommend a quick Netflix of disc #1 before shelling out for sets on a blind buy.
Thanks, I think I will pass on it. It looked like a long shot Cult type show anyways. I'm just going to have to order a cheapy as the second title.
Old 08-27-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hilts
I remember reading a few comments that the packaging for the individual sets is better than the complete collection packaging, but of course I can't find those comments now. Any opinions?

Here is the Official Twilight Zone Thread. Discussion of packaging issues with the complete collection starts on page 7.
Old 08-27-08, 10:06 AM

For anyone who has been sitting on the fence (I kind of wish that I had now), Live Search Cashback for Deep Discount is now at 10%, which is effectively 20% for this sale.
Old 08-27-08, 10:34 AM

^Damn. Wish I had waited too, I ordered too soon to even get the 8% off, because I didn't know about it. I signed up this week and I'm ready for the next order though, thanks!
Old 08-27-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't beat yourself up about it. How many times has it paid to NOT wait? Deals that people got in on early that were canceled for latecomers, sales ended early, items that go out of stock, etc.. I am SURE you have come out well-ahead over the years, and it's impossible to get the best deal every time, and even without the Live.com 20%, it's still a great deal!
Old 08-27-08, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by foggy
For anyone who has been sitting on the fence (I kind of wish that I had now), Live Search Cashback for Deep Discount is now at 10%, which is effectively 20% for this sale.
Thanks for the heads up! I just canceled my orders for the Complete Twilight Zone box sets, then reordered them using the 10% discount link. A great deal gets even better.

$81.00 for The Twilight Zone - The Complete Definitive Collection is incredible. Just $16.20 per season.

Last edited by SkullOrchard; 08-27-08 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-27-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't like the packaging of the complete set, those plastic trays taped to the flimsy cardboard. Looks nice, though. The individual seasons come in thinpacks with individual artwork and espisode listings per disc. I put everything into sleeves, so those work out great, no printing or custom artwork needed.

For me, I went with the 5 individuals sets + the first season of the 80's revival. 10% live.com discount ends up with $113.40 shipped after cash back for these 6 sets and 34 total discs.

-beebs
Old 08-27-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
If you place a pre-order on DD with Bill Me Later, and the order goes through, does that mean you've been accepted? Or do you have to wait until the order is scheduled to ship to know whether you've been accepted by BML? This is my first Bill Me Later order and I'm kind of confused as to how it all works. My order went through but I haven't received any sort of e-mail from BML about my account.
Wait for a "Welcome" e-mail from BML. You are then prompted to register on the BML website. If you log in to your DD account and the order should be shown as "canceled", then your BML request was denied.
Old 08-27-08, 01:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by beebs
I really don't like the packaging of the complete set, those plastic trays taped to the flimsy cardboard. Looks nice, though. The individual seasons come in thinpacks with individual artwork and espisode listings per disc. I put everything into sleeves, so those work out great, no printing or custom artwork needed.

For me, I went with the 5 individuals sets + the first season of the 80's revival. 10% live.com discount ends up with $113.40 shipped after cash back for these 6 sets and 34 total discs.

-beebs
I might just go this route too. I've been reading that thread from a couple of years ago, detailing all of the trouble folks are having with the complete series set.
Old 08-27-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the advise, was waiting and debating but it looks like the individual season releases for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.