Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon: Grab Bag Sale: 97 DVDs up to 78% Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's actually a few really good discs here.

Pee Wee Herman Show - the original "adult" HBO special, less than $6 is a pretty good deal

Just for Kicks - a really interesting doc about sneakers and the rise of hip hop, very well done and very interesting (and somewhat enraging)
Old 08-21-08, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Too bad those $19.99 TWILIGHT ZONE collections aren't the most recent...
Thanks for the heads up ... I almost got my "Collections" and "Seasons" mixed up ... I already have the first 3 "Seasons" which I got a while back at Costco for under $30 a "Season".
Old 08-21-08, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
While I'm sure these are good sets, and a good bargain, most collectors prefer the newer Definitive collection sets. The newer sets are grouped chronologically, by season (e.g. "Season 1, etc). Also, they were supposedly remastered, with better picture and sound (although I haven't compared them). Finally, the Definitive sets are supposed to have more extras. They can also be purchased one season at a time...you don't have to purchase the entire collection. Not much of a bargain right now ($70 per season), but the complete set can sometimes be found on sale for a decent price.
You are forgetting the best part, all the episodes are uncut. Every episode contains the original opening, bumpers, Rod Serling ads for the next week's episode and an ad for a CBS show at the very end. The definitive sets are really a treat to watch.
Old 08-21-08, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bobaray
Not much of a bargain right now ($70 per season), but the complete set can sometimes be found on sale for a decent price.
They all sell for $47.25 each from DD - $37.80 during the sale. The transfers are noticibly improved - check it out. The complete set has some serious packaging issues.

Last edited by NoirFan; 08-21-08 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-21-08, 08:55 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
What in the hell is "Who In The Hell Is Pete Doherty"?
Old 08-22-08, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow
You are forgetting the best part, all the episodes are uncut. Every episode contains the original opening, bumpers, Rod Serling ads for the next week's episode and an ad for a CBS show at the very end. The definitive sets are really a treat to watch.
Glad you mentioned this. I bought the complete definitive collection but haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet.

For those still considering the $19.99 sets, see separate thread about Deep Discounts current B1G1 sale on the definitive season sets. $47.25 for two seasons or $202.50 for two complete sets ($101.25 if you can find someone to split the cost and buy the second copy off of you).
Old 08-22-08, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Night Shopping for 5.49??? This is a TREASURE in the pile of rubbish. For fans of movies from the UK that are actually good, pick this up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250491/

Very underrated, and it's a shame to see it lumped in with movies by Todd Bridges and Paris Hilton.
Old 08-23-08, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Late Night Shopping for 5.49??? This is a TREASURE in the pile of rubbish. For fans of movies from the UK that are actually good, pick this up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250491/

Very underrated, and it's a shame to see it lumped in with movies by Todd Bridges and Paris Hilton.
I just came in this thread to say the exact same thing. I love this movie.