DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

some nice finds at walgreens

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: some nice finds at walgreens

Originally Posted by berigan
dmkb, I saw the same titles at one Walgreens north of Atlanta, and Blossoms in the Dust (Greer Garson) Holiday Affair (Mitchum), and It Happened on 5th Avenue!
I was so excited! That was about it for the older titles...weird to be scoping out Walgreens, and weird how there can be 2 , 3-4 miles apart, and yet elsewhere none for miles.
Whoa, I'd love to have found that Mitchum title. Good for you mate!
Old 05-15-12, 02:08 AM

While looking for "Plastic Man", found
"Buffalo Bill - Season 1 & 2 (complete series)" ($5.99),
"Born on the Fourth of July" ($5.99)
"Camp Nowhere" (Christopher Lloyd)/"Baby Secret of the lost legend" (William Katt - animatronic dinosaur)($3.99)
Disney's "In Search of the Castaways" ($5.99)
Old 05-15-12, 08:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jgorow
walgreens pharmacies in my area just got a nice deal on some 2 disc sets for five bucks each, some were "cartoon network" dvds. those I found were "grim adventures of billy and mandy - complete season 1" and "ed, edd, and eddy - complete season 1, and complete season 2"
I guess then would've been a good time to pick up The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Old 05-15-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap, I actually bought that because of this thread then sold it like a year later. I don't remember how much I sold it for but it wasn't anywhere near $90, probably closer to like $10. Son of a bitch.
Old 05-15-12, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I visited the local Walgreens this evening. Not a lot of stock, and the only title that leaped out was several copies of "The President's Analyst" for $3.99. Still, happy that I looked.

I considered starting a new thread, but for now decided to mention it here. These off-the-beaten-track sellers are definitely worth visiting. Locally I've recently found several out-of-print (and otherwise expensive) titles at a regional supermarket chain (Weis Markets), and a different but still interesting assortment at Rite Aid. At Weis I've seen WB, Fox, and Universal film noirs, out-of-print Paramounts, and even one out-of-print Woody Allen film (Mighty Aphrodite). They aren't always cheap, but the rare ones always cost less than what you'd pay on Amazon or EBay. Weis operates stores in PA and MD, with a few in NY, but I'm sure their DVD distributor has a much larger reach. Check you local supermarkets and pharmacies and you might be surprised!
Old 05-18-12, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by thetao
I visited the local Walgreens this evening. Not a lot of stock, and the only title that leaped out was several copies of "The President's Analyst" for $3.99. Still, happy that I looked.

I considered starting a new thread, but for now decided to mention it here. These off-the-beaten-track sellers are definitely worth visiting. Locally I've recently found several out-of-print (and otherwise expensive) titles at a regional supermarket chain (Weis Markets), and a different but still interesting assortment at Rite Aid. At Weis I've seen WB, Fox, and Universal film noirs, out-of-print Paramounts, and even one out-of-print Woody Allen film (Mighty Aphrodite). They aren't always cheap, but the rare ones always cost less than what you'd pay on Amazon or EBay. Weis operates stores in PA and MD, with a few in NY, but I'm sure their DVD distributor has a much larger reach. Check you local supermarkets and pharmacies and you might be surprised!
Thanks for posting this. I have been hitting the local Big Lots looking for the Presidents Analyst. I'll try Walgreens today.
Old 05-18-12, 09:56 PM

Hit three Walgreens on the southside of Atlanta yesterday and today. Nothing really to report at the one in Riverdale or Fayetteville stores. The one in Jonesboro, saw Samantha Who? 2nd and final season for $5.99 and Along Came Jones With Gary Cooper, but it was a floater....
Old 05-18-12, 10:52 PM

Picked up only copies of:

"American Psycho" $3.99
"Talk Radio" $3.99
Old 05-18-12, 11:15 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I've been to multiple stores where they put the dvd's in 3 rows deep on a narrow shelf. I was at a store today where I could only look at a third of the dvd's. Another store I could only look through half without dropping them to the floor.
I have found some ok things. but they are the worst store that I have been to for looking through them.
Old 08-16-12, 10:48 AM

Though a bit pricier than Big Lots, I did find some interesting titles at Walgreen's

Plastic Man $6.99 (Though I already got this at Big Lot for $3)
Radio Days $3.99
Radioland Murders $3.99
Watcher in the Woods $5.99
Town & Country $3.99
Return to Witch Mountain $5.99
Old 11-16-12, 02:20 PM

Found the Swedish language version of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and the two sequels - $7.99 each.
Old 11-16-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I may need it check for that. Will be at WG Monday if not before. I do know the larger of our 2 stores got rid of there dvd's, though.
Old 11-18-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up "Sleepwalking" BD and "I (Heart) Huckabees" 2 Disk SE DVD for $3.99 each at Bloomington, IL yesterday. Saw a few copies of the Dragon films, but don't remember which titles.

Walgreens is currently offer a $25 gift certificate if you transfer a prescription there, so I'll be doing that later in the week.
Old 12-24-12, 03:57 PM

Walgreens has added a lot of semi-new titles (stuff from recent years)

Reservoir Dogs (anniversary editions) 5.99
Illusionist 5.99
Morons From Outer Space 3.99
People that Time Forgot 3.99
The Howling 3.99
Dark Knight Returns
tons more