DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Superhero DVDs at Wal-Mart 07-22

Old 07-16-08, 08:14 AM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11
Superhero DVDs at Wal-Mart 07-22

This morning I caught a very brief peek at what will be replacing the $4.00 DVDs currntly in the E-pod ( I know it's weird but, that's what they call it ) island at Wal-Mart.

Superhero movies. The prices I saw were $13.00 and $7.50 but there could be some $5.00. Not all the cases were tagged yet so I'm not sure. I was only able to pull a few out to see the covers. Here's what I remember seeing:

The Fantastic Four movies
The Spider-Man movies
Ultraviolet ( Unrated version ) $7.50
Iron-Man ( animated w/new comic book included )
Avengers ( animated w/new comic book included )
Avengers 2 ( animated w/new comic book included )
Bat-Man Serials
Bat-Man and Robin Serials

Sorry it's so sketchy and incomplete but I should be able to get a better look tonight. There were more cases. I'll try to get a complete detailed list if I can.

Thought maybe everyone would like some early info.
DarthDVD is offline  
Old 07-16-08, 10:28 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 474
Thanks for the update!

I had hoped that Wal-Mart would re-stock the $4 DVD display as I really wanted to pick up the Princess Bride BC edition for that price.

I'll keep an eye out for the superhero DVDs in the "E-Pod".
Bob_F1 is offline  
Old 07-16-08, 11:23 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,215
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out next week and see. I still need Spidey 3 if they have it on sale. I might pick up the F4's for $4 if they are on too. Who knows.
pridesticks06 is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 08:42 AM
  #4  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,722
Darn. I'll be re-buying for those exclusive comic books I imagine.
Trevor is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 12:48 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 482
I believe I saw Dick Tracy and Rocketeer as well
Moleman1138 is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 01:36 PM
  #6  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Moleman1138
I believe I saw Dick Tracy and Rocketeer as well
Dick Tracy:
Serials?
Warren Beatty Movie?
Animated?
Other?
u-stu is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 02:24 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Connekatakut
Posts: 578
Originally Posted by u-stu
Dick Tracy:
Serials?
Warren Beatty Movie?
Animated?
Other?
I'm curious too. Based on the fact that he saw it alongside The Rcoketeer, I'd guess it's the Warren Beatty film, which is fine by me. I've been wanting to pick a copy up cheap.
theflicker is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 04:58 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,296
Re: Superhero DVDs at Wal-Mart 07-22

Originally Posted by DarthDVD
This morning I caught a very brief peek at what will be replacing the $4.00 DVDs currntly in the E-pod ( I know it's weird but, that's what they call it ) island at Wal-Mart.

Superhero movies. The prices I saw were $13.00 and $7.50 but there could be some $5.00. Not all the cases were tagged yet so I'm not sure. I was only able to pull a few out to see the covers. Here's what I remember seeing:

The Fantastic Four movies
The Spider-Man movies
Ultraviolet ( Unrated version ) $7.50
Iron-Man ( animated w/new comic book included )
Avengers ( animated w/new comic book included )
Avengers 2 ( animated w/new comic book included )
Bat-Man Serials
Bat-Man and Robin Serials

Sorry it's so sketchy and incomplete but I should be able to get a better look tonight. There were more cases. I'll try to get a complete detailed list if I can.

Thought maybe everyone would like some early info.
The Batman serials have interested me for a while, but the only place I've found them has them set at about $30 each. Even at $13.00, they'd be worth picking up to me.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 05:00 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,296
Re: Superhero DVDs at Wal-Mart 07-22

Originally Posted by theflicker
I'm curious too. Based on the fact that he saw it alongside The Rcoketeer, I'd guess it's the Warren Beatty film, which is fine by me. I've been wanting to pick a copy up cheap.
I wonder if perhaps this would signal that the long-talked about VISTA Series edition of "Dick Tracy" might be forthcoming. I haven't heard anything more concerning the Disney/Beatty lawsuit over "Tracy" rights, but if they're spotlighting leftover stock, it *could* be an encouraging sign. Maybe.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 05:07 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: near Dayton, OH
Posts: 524
Originally Posted by MinLShaw
The Batman serials have interested me for a while, but the only place I've found them has them set at about $30 each. Even at $13.00, they'd be worth picking up to me.
Last Winter(Spring?) it was reported in the "Big Lots" bargain thread that one of the Batman Serials was being found in multiple areas at the heavy discount of just $3.00 each!
If Wal-Mart dumps them at $5.00 each that would be cool...
Keith123 is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 05:09 PM
  #11  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,722
Originally Posted by MinLShaw
The Batman serials have interested me for a while, but the only place I've found them has them set at about $30 each. Even at $13.00, they'd be worth picking up to me.
Check Big Lots if you have them local. $3 each.
Trevor is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 05:10 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: near Dayton, OH
Posts: 524
Originally Posted by Moleman1138
I believe I saw Dick Tracy and Rocketeer as well
Were they already out for sale for the Public or do you work at Wal-Mart and got a sneak peak of the titles to be put out?
Keith123 is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 06:43 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,965
Originally Posted by Trevor
Check Big Lots if you have them local. $3 each.
The only one of these reported at BL is "Batman" the 1943 movie serial and that one seems to be a very big YMMV.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 07:31 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Why cant the Rocketeer get some SE love or at least 16x9?
Rammsteinfan is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 07:50 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 474
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Why cant the Rocketeer get some SE love or at least 16x9?
Agreed!
Bob_F1 is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 08:01 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
hasslein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 2,600
Do the Batman serials have the slipcover? Big lots 1943 didn't.
hasslein is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 08:53 PM
  #17  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Bob_F1
Agreed!
Same here.
u-stu is offline  
Old 07-17-08, 09:34 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 482
I work Wally world. Dick Tracy is the 90 film.
Moleman1138 is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 12:39 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
looks like my wal-mart put out some of the titles a bit early, probably to fill empty spots from the sold-out $4 titles (or so it seems since some of the $4 titles are still there).



here are the titles that showed up. quite a few different price points. don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or if it's just because the titles are out prior to official date.


Darkman (6.50)
Fantastic Four (1-disc) (9.00)
Fantastic Four: ROTSS (1-disc) (13.00)
Fast and the Furious: Franchise Collection (13.00)
Invincible Iron Man (7.50)
Punisher (7.50)
Rocketeer
The Shadow (7.50)
Transformers (1-disc) (13.00)
Ultimate Avengers (7.50)
Ultimate Avengers 2 (7.50)
X-Men (1-disc)/X2: X-Men United (2-disc) 2-pack (9.00)
X-Men: The Last Stand (9.00)
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 03:35 AM
  #20  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 92
Was gonna get Ultimate Avengers 2 but it's not really a deal like I though it would be. Especially since I recently picked up Invincible Iron Man for $4 and Ultimate Avengers for $5 (different times). Also wanted The Shadow when I saw the picture but it's no deal either. My only hope seems to be Rocketeer unless it's over $5.

Oh, and the Batman serials.
u-stu is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 08:25 AM
  #21  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
looks like my wal-mart put out some of the titles a bit early, probably to fill empty spots from the sold-out $4 titles (or so it seems since some of the $4 titles are still there).



here are the titles that showed up. quite a few different price points. don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or if it's just because the titles are out prior to official date.


Darkman (6.50)
Fantastic Four (1-disc) (9.00)
Fantastic Four: ROTSS (1-disc) (13.00)
Fast and the Furious: Franchise Collection (13.00)
Invincible Iron Man (7.50)
Punisher (7.50)
Rocketeer
The Shadow (7.50)
Transformers (1-disc) (13.00)
Ultimate Avengers (7.50)
Ultimate Avengers 2 (7.50)
X-Men (1-disc)/X2: X-Men United (2-disc) 2-pack (9.00)
X-Men: The Last Stand (9.00)
Here are the rest that I found. I included the upc numbers for the serials in case someone wants to look them up. Also, Punisher is from 2004 upc# 01223616243.

Batman 1943 Serial (13.00) upc# 04339627474
Batman & Robin Serial (13.00) upc# 04339627473
Ultraviolet Unrated Edition (7.50)
Spider-Man SE: FS (7.50)
Spider-Man 2 SE: FS (7.50)
Spider-Man 3 (13.00)
Resident Evil 1 & 2 (13.00)
Resident Evil: Extinction (13.00)
Ghost Rider: WS (13.00)
Underworld SE: FS (7.50)
Underworld Evolution (7.50)
Dick Tracy
The Rocketeer

Thanks shyguy1083
DarthDVD is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 09:37 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
djskyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by DarthDVD
Batman 1943 Serial (13.00)
13 DOLLARS??
After 3 dollars at Big Lots?
"Siempre precios bajos" I think not
djskyler is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 10:58 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: near Dayton, OH
Posts: 524
Originally Posted by DarthDVD
Here are the rest that I found.
Batman 1943 Serial (13.00) upc# 04339627474
Batman & Robin Serial (13.00) upc# 04339627473
Thanks, for the info! I was going to my Wal-Mart today just to see if they had the Batman serials(and the price) out early and if they didn't I was going to try again Tuesday. Now, I'm not going either day. $13.00 each plus tax plus gas? Nah...
Keith123 is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 02:39 PM
  #24  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11
I'll probably just get Ultraviolet. I've been seeing that pg-13 version in the $5 dump bin and wishing it was the unrated. Now that we're getting it I'm not letting it pass me by.
DarthDVD is offline  
Old 07-18-08, 03:04 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,965
Originally Posted by Keith123
Thanks, for the info! I was going to my Wal-Mart today just to see if they had the Batman serials(and the price) out early and if they didn't I was going to try again Tuesday. Now, I'm not going either day. $13.00 each plus tax plus gas? Nah...
Same here. The B&R serial is $14.26 at DD w/free shipping. I can wait for the next sale.
BobO'Link is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.