X-Files Revelations = Great deals on X-Files at Wal-Mart

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

X-Files Revelations = Great deals on X-Files at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-08, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw these at Walmart, pissed off now as I paid about 2x that when the Mythology sets came out the first time
Old 07-13-08, 02:28 PM

So... no one's going to post an actual scan of that $5 off coupon for the season/Mythology sets?
Old 07-17-08, 08:42 AM

Is this still happening at Walmart? Or is this deal done?
Old 07-17-08, 11:32 AM

No, the deal's not done. The X-files seasons are still $20 and the coupon still comes with Revelations. It's just that for people who don't want Revelations, just the seasons or mythologies, we can't really get in on this deal unless someone posts a scan of the coupon, which no one has done yet. So, if someone could take a few minutes and scan the coupon, those of us who want to get in on this deal would really appreciate it.
Old 07-17-08, 12:18 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Coupon probably says no copies, so posting a scan would not be right.

Also, remember that Revelations comes with a movie ticket, so it works out to like $5 to get Revelations and the coupon.
Old 07-17-08, 12:43 PM

That's true, but at least for me, I don't know if I'm going to have time to get to the theater to see it. Besides, I've vever had a problem using a no copies coupon before, it would be YMMV, but at least some people would get it to work, especially if their Walmart had a self checkout lane and they could scan the coupon in themselves. In the end, it's still a good bargain to get Revelations if you want to see the movie and get some season sets, but it would be an even better deal imo to try using a scanned coupon. The worst thing that could happen is the coupon gets denied somehow, and then you could just buy it, but if a scan works, it would save some people some money on the Revelation set that they may not have wanted to get in addition to the seoson sets.
Old 07-17-08, 01:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Disneyboy
That's true, but at least for me, I don't know if I'm going to have time to get to the theater to see it. Besides, I've vever had a problem using a no copies coupon before, it would be YMMV, but at least some people would get it to work, especially if their Walmart had a self checkout lane and they could scan the coupon in themselves. In the end, it's still a good bargain to get Revelations if you want to see the movie and get some season sets, but it would be an even better deal imo to try using a scanned coupon. The worst thing that could happen is the coupon gets denied somehow, and then you could just buy it, but if a scan works, it would save some people some money on the Revelation set that they may not have wanted to get in addition to the seoson sets.
The whole point of the offer is to get people to buy Revelations, then as a bonus they get these extra coupon discounts and ticket.
Fox isn't just wanting to let anybody who wants to get a free coupon.

I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think the purpose of this forum is to rip off stores. We're here to let people know about good deals and bargains. So don't get mad if nobody provides you with a scan so you can deceive a self-checkout scanner. Sorry.
Old 07-17-08, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
The whole point of the offer is to get people to buy Revelations, then as a bonus they get these extra coupon discounts and ticket.
Fox isn't just wanting to let anybody who wants to get a free coupon.

I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think the purpose of this forum is to rip off stores. We're here to let people know about good deals and bargains. So don't get mad if nobody provides you with a scan so you can deceive a self-checkout scanner. Sorry.
I'm not getting mad. I'm just saying that it would be nice to get a scan to see if it would work. It's no big deal if no one gets a scan, maybe Ill buy Revelations, maybe not. Besides, I dont see the big deal, Im not trying to rip off Fox, I just dont see how this is any different from the many other "no copies" coupons that I've seen all over these forums for a long time.
Old 07-17-08, 02:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
FYI, as reported a few posts back, it was already tried at the self scan checkouts and didn't work.

This likely means that it doesn't automatically scan at any register, and will require cashier/manager scrutiny.
Old 07-17-08, 03:06 PM

Darn.

However, today's BB offer is offering up a free movie ticket for XF-2 with purchase of any of the Mythology sets. In essence, you get twice as many episodes than one does if they buy "Revelations" at the same price.
Old 07-19-08, 06:15 PM

Update: Best Buy - Chicago

On Friday I tried the 3 seasons - $20 off coupon for three of the Mythology sets - cashier said it wouldnt work since I received three movie cash passes to XF2 - went later to Customer Service and spoke with a manager that I know - she tried manually adjusting the coupon to work and it was overriden from Corporate (she says - since the sale price was more than 50% of the regular price). She reminded me of the 24 Steelcase issue with the $15 off - Corporate overrode those too.

So at Best Buy- the coupon doesnt work

I did get 3 passes IMHO - so that's a plus ($25.50 off the theater tickets) vs $20 from Fox coupon

thanks to OP for the deal.
Old 07-19-08, 06:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ramivic....I did the same thing, but got mine to work. I ended up going to another Best Buy and went to customer service, and it took forever, because I think the girl ended up manually changing the prices of the DVD's. So I got the four Mythology Sets and 4 free movie tickets for about $30, along with the other movie ticket from the Revelations DVD.
Old 07-19-08, 07:55 PM

I just bought the four Mythology sets ($12.99 each) at Best Buy using a 20$ off 3 coupon, plus I got four free movie tickets. The coupon didn't ring up right, it kept coming up as a 24 coupon. The cashier did an override and rang it in as a 20$ coupon. What a deal! I'm watching the pilot now. They look so young!