Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-13, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Just scored the Zatoichi set for less than $60. The cashier took the 40% off coupon and also applied the $5 off of $50. She was a little confused and almost called over the MOD, but she was able to figure it out. Huge appreciation to Laser for providing the link to the 40% off instructions and for all of the hard work that he does in helping a deadbeat like myself save a few(more like several) bucks.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 11-29-13 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Just scored the Zatoichi set for less than $60. The cashier took the 40% off coupon and also applied the $5 off of $50. She was a little confused and almost called over the MOD, but she was able to figure it out. Huge appreciation to Laser for providing the link to the 40% off instructions and for all of the hard work that he does in helping a deadbeat like myself save a few(more like several) bucks.
You came out a little better than I did for the Zatoichi set. However I did manage to use the 40% on the Zatoichi box, the 30% coupon on Ministry of Fear, and topped it off with the $5/50. Because that worked out so well went to a different store and used another 40% coupon on Shoah, a 30% for Life is Sweet, and also got I Married a Witch with the $5/$50 coupon thrown in. The only problem I ran across at both stores was they thought the 40% and 30% coupons were the same coupon. They were only going to let me use one them. I had to make them look closer at the coupon numbers before they would apply the 40% off coupons. I made paper print outs, but otherwise everything went smoothly.
Old 11-29-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone having luck getting any of the coupons (30% or 40%) accepted on Criterions at any NYC location? Union Square, which used to be very liberal, flat out rejected any coupon use on Criterions during the sale.
Old 11-29-13, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
Anyone having luck getting any of the coupons (30% or 40%) accepted on Criterions at any NYC location? Union Square, which used to be very liberal, flat out rejected any coupon use on Criterions during the sale.
You have to know which clerks to go to at that location. They used to be very liberal as you say, but have really cracked down on the % off this sale for some reason. I have had no issue with other coupons. One associate told me it was a mandate from corporate due to their sales agreement with Criterion, but my gut tell me it was just a manager that made that decision.

Their reason for rejection has been that the Criterion sale was a promotion. When I went today and they said they couldn't take the % off coupons I politely asked what the difference was between a promotion and a discount as the coupon allows discounts but not promotions to be used in conjunction. The clerk said they would give it and shot and of course it worked. Was able to snag Lean Directs for a good discount.

For what it is worth, the Tribeca location has no issues. The Union Square location is more likely to accept on the weekends. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-13, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JasonX
You have to know which clerks to go to at that location. They used to be very liberal as you say, but have really cracked down on the % off this sale for some reason. I have had no issue with other coupons. One associate told me it was a mandate from corporate due to their sales agreement with Criterion, but my gut tell me it was just a manager that made that decision.

Their reason for rejection has been that the Criterion sale was a promotion. When I went today and they said they couldn't take the % off coupons I politely asked what the difference was between a promotion and a discount as the coupon allows discounts but not promotions to be used in conjunction. The clerk said they would give it and shot and of course it worked. Was able to snag Lean Directs for a good discount.

For what it is worth, the Tribeca location has no issues. The Union Square location is more likely to accept on the weekends. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I'll try TriBeCa and Citicorp this weekend.
Old 11-29-13, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
It was $65 with a 30% off sticker. So about $45.
I mentioned I had a code and told her the code. Took 40% off after my 10 percent.
Also had a 8/40 but she wouldn't take it.
Likewise...

In fact, I presented $8 off $40 and $5 off $50, and the computer overrode $5 and refused $8. The cashier called a manager, he read the smallprint "will not work with other coupons... one per customer" and apologetically enforced the former...

...and passively encouraged flouting the latter!

So my trip was probably $50+ more expensive than I'd hoped, but will blanket 40% off about ten half-price titles, easily an excellent deal. Many thanks to laser et al.
Old 11-29-13, 08:37 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Used the 40% off coupon twice today. Once in the movie section and again in the upfront registers. Worked flawlessly without any problem at all. Gonna make trip 2 tomorrow.
Old 11-29-13, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
I wonder if you could place an online-instore order over the phone...? Dictate details, code and card number...
I wish I could anyone know if you can do that? Maybe if I explain the distance they might.
Old 11-29-13, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On a whim, I tried using the BFRIDAY40 online code on an order just to see if it would work. To my surprise, it did! I ordered "The Quiet Man", which is one of the 50%-off art house titles. It took $6 off of the $14.99 price, making it $8.99.

I placed the order from my tablet, so the url was m.barnesandnoble.com. It's possible that's the reason why it worked.
Old 11-29-13, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bhauge
On a whim, I tried using the BFRIDAY40 online code on an order just to see if it would work. To my surprise, it did! I ordered "The Quiet Man", which is one of the 50%-off art house titles. It took $6 off of the $14.99 price, making it $8.99.

I placed the order from my tablet, so the url was m.barnesandnoble.com. It's possible that's the reason why it worked.
That works. I was able to use that url on my PC and the coupon did apply when I entered it. The web site looks a little strange on my computer but I think you can make it work. Wonder if you can get a Criterion title through it with a coupon?

Answering my own question on the Criterion. The coupon didn't work.
Old 11-30-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Great Catch!
Was able to use both the 30 and 40 codes on separate orders. Just for good measure, I used the regular site to buy a $75 egift card first for the extra $10 off a few weeks from now.
Picked up the Emma Peel set for $26 + tx w/ the 30 code,
then got House of Wax 3D for $17.96, and tossed in Nosferatu to get free shipping.
Old 11-30-13, 12:40 AM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

thanks, worked just as mentioned - placed an order for the same title from my iPhone. what a price !!! Also purchased 'Rio Grande' and 'High Noon' earlier this afternoon from Amazon marketplace seller for about $17 after rewards points were applied. Have been wanting to add these for a long time - Olive titles are always expensive
Old 11-30-13, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Great Catch!
Was able to use both the 30 and 40 codes on separate orders. Just for good measure, I used the regular site to buy a $75 egift card first for the extra $10 off a few weeks from now.
Picked up the Emma Peel set for $26 + tx w/ the 30 code,
then got House of Wax 3D for $17.96, and tossed in Nosferatu to get free shipping.
How long did it take for the GC email to arrive? It's been a half hour, but I got nothin yet. I went ahead and placed my House of Wax 3D order cuz I want to go to bed. No stores in my area have it in stock. After I get up, I'll have to think of other stuff to get on multiple accounts. Thanks for finding the trick, bhauge! You rock! And Laser, of course, for finding the rogue coupon code...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 11-30-13 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-30-13, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewc View Post
Yea not going unless someone else goes and has success, it's a 90 minute drive to the store. Have football practice at 2 today, game is tomorrow, so if someone gets it to work I may go sunday and do that
I wonder if you could place an online-instore order over the phone...? Dictate details, code and card number...

Anyone been able to get them do this for you without going in store?
Old 11-30-13, 07:26 AM
Cool New Member

Using the 40% code and the mobile site, I've ordered Poldark: The Complete Collection for $25.26 after tax.

Last edited by du_Garbandier; 11-30-13 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the tip on the mobile 40% off code! Got The Worlds End Blu for $16.50 w/ tax!
Old 11-30-13, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
How long did it take for the GC email to arrive? It's been a half hour, but I got nothin yet. I went ahead and placed my House of Wax 3D order cuz I want to go to bed. No stores in my area have it in stock. After I get up, I'll have to think of other stuff to get on multiple accounts. Thanks for finding the trick, bhauge! You rock! And Laser, of course, for finding the rogue coupon code...
took about 10-15 minutes to get the email with the code.
Now I have to trust them to send the extra $10 one in three weeks.
Old 11-30-13, 10:09 AM

Tried using the 40% code for Zatoichi on the mobile site and got this:

Your order does not yet qualify for coupon BFRIDAY40. For coupons that requires a specific payment method, please check the validity after adding your payment method during checkout.

...any ideas?
Old 11-30-13, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Brewc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewc View Post
Yea not going unless someone else goes and has success, it's a 90 minute drive to the store. Have football practice at 2 today, game is tomorrow, so if someone gets it to work I may go sunday and do that

Anyone been able to get them do this for you without going in store?
Never tried...

Have you tried using the mobile site..?
Old 11-30-13, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lipid
Used the 40% off coupon twice today. Once in the movie section and again in the upfront registers. Worked flawlessly without any problem at all. Gonna make trip 2 tomorrow.
I used it about twelve times in a row... with tacit managerial consent!
Old 11-30-13, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by teddyleevin
Tried using the 40% code for Zatoichi on the mobile site and got this:

Your order does not yet qualify for coupon BFRIDAY40. For coupons that requires a specific payment method, please check the validity after adding your payment method during checkout.

...any ideas?
Nope! Unsurprised it won't work, but that's an odd message..
Old 11-30-13, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ntnon
Nope! Unsurprised it won't work, but that's an odd message..
Tried Paypal and credit card on it. No help.
Old 11-30-13, 10:44 AM

Not sure what the payment message means, but Zatoichi is a Criterion title, so a coupon code will not work online (the page for the title says no coupons or promotions accepted for the title).
Old 11-30-13, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by diditagain
Not sure what the payment message means, but Zatoichi is a Criterion title, so a coupon code will not work online (the page for the title says no coupons or promotions accepted for the title).
Other folks said they managed to use it in-store on the Zatoichi.
Old 11-30-13, 11:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Bought Zatoichi yesterday with 40 percent coupon, so before tax @60 bucks. So great that the department manager did a timely reorder after selling their initial batch. It was delivered by UPS yesterday and they promptly called me. Nice. Thanks to Laser Movies for the head's up on the coupon. I watched many of the films in my college days so I'm very pleased to have this collection. I also picked up the 3 Films by Roberto Rossellini set too.

Off-topic but a head's up to the many Beatle fans out there. B&N has a 50 percent off table with several different Beatle books. One of them is ... The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions (HARDCOVER) and was a pricey purchase while it was out-of-print. Back in print, B&N already discounted it to $12.98 ...so with the 50 percent store discount, 10% member's card and 40 percent off coupon, this goes out of the store at $3.50 before tax.

Last edited by ctyankee; 11-30-13 at 11:40 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.